Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

pixelburp wrote: »
    I take it https://variety.com/2020/film/news/batman-resumes-production-robert-pattinson-1234770484/ has recovered, or are they filming around his absence?

Pattison cleared to go back to work

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pictures of him out and about with his other half over the last few days hint that he is recovered anyway masks down and very public displays of affection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is a new poster out for The Batman. Pattinson's sideburns are in it. :D

the-batman-movie-poster.jpg?v=1599966111

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This has been moved all the way out until March 2022 (Variety).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Ah ffs!!

First, Bond then Dune now Batman

• Advertisement

hopefully there will be a cinema to see it in

mad to think the thread is 5 years old , reeves signed on 3 years ago to direct

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Will say the same thing as said with Dune; there's a huge backlog building up so it'll become increasingly hard for these blockbusters to get good box office if they're all competing against each other for the slowly dwindling space of a presumed safe 2021. Going double for films like this that are still shooting - and was already shut down twice over CoVid. 2022 feels generous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

peteeeed wrote: »
    hopefully there will be a cinema to see it in

mad to think the thread is 5 years old , reeves signed on 3 years ago to direct

At least it's not The Flash, is there even a thread for that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    At least it's not The Flash, is there even a thread for that?

Yup; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057308706

I don't think we'll ever see that come to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pixelburp wrote: »
    Will say the same thing as said with Dune; there's a huge backlog building up so it'll become increasingly hard for these blockbusters to get good box office if they're all competing against each other for the slowly dwindling space of a presumed safe 2021. Going double for films like this that are still shooting - and was already shut down twice over CoVid. 2022 feels generous!

The presumption of a safe 2021 is also not particularly sound right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    This has been moved all the way out until March 2022 (Variety).

So from 10/01/21 to 03/04/22, wow big long move

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So from 10/01/21 to 03/04/22, wow big long move

We write our dates in DD/MM/YY round these parts, thank you very much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

EkKD14uWsAEkQX-?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Anyone else not looking forward to a pasty white, skinny Batman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Colin Farrell is unrecognisable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Homelander

Quazzie wrote: »

Pattinson has proved time and time again that he's an incredible and versatile actor, but people still cling to this weird notion that because he was in Twilight once upon a time, we shouldn't take him seriously.

So what if he's pale? So what if he's a lean build? He's an amazing actor with great screen presence and he is athletically lean, not "skinny".

Anyway, his physicality isn't much different from Clooney, Kilmer or Keaton - similar body type (perhaps more muscle definition) though Pattinson is taller than all 3.

So, personally I can't wait to see Pattinson as Wayne/Batman.

You'd also think after the ludicruous social media "outrage" over pretty boy Heath Ledger cast as the new Joker, people might wait & see what the final film looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Homelander wrote: »
    Pattinson has proved time and time again that he's an incredible and versatile actor, but people still cling to this weird notion that because he was in Twilight once upon a time, we shouldn't take him seriously.

So what if he's pale? So what if he's a lean build? He's an amazing actor with great screen presence and he is athletically lean, not "skinny".

Anyway, his physicality isn't much different from Clooney, Kilmer or Keaton - similar body type (perhaps more muscle definition) though Pattinson is taller than all 3.

So, personally I can't wait to see Pattinson as Wayne/Batman.

I'm basing that opinion on the picture above, not on any pre-existing ideas of Twilight. In the picture, he looks pasty, and frail - almost sickly. Certainly a good bit less powerful than any Batman that has come before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'm fine with all that. He's a ninja detective, doesn't need to be a lumbering hulk of a man.

He's also (potentially) a bit of a grumpy recluse living in dreary Gotham. Pale and pasty probably makes more sense than tanned and glowing.

This looks like a funeral scene they're filming, so there could be a very good reason why he's looking frail. Besides which, we've already seen him in the suit, and he looks fine.

• Advertisement

I'm basing that opinion on the picture above, not on any pre-existing ideas of Twilight. In the picture, he looks pasty, and frail - almost sickly. Certainly a good bit less powerful than any Batman that has come before him.

As someone said it's a funeral scene, but also it's a bit premature to judge ANY film based on a set photo when you're basically looking at actors, sets and production without any of the final "movie magic" polish added. Or even the final lighting for a scene; it's worth reposting the trailer for a reminder of the Before & After effect. There's snippets of the funeral scene and it looks completely different.

Besides, why wouldn't Wayne be pale? The guy has an almost entirely nocturnal life. Can't imagine he gets much Vitamin D ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I like the idea of a "small" Bruce Wayne, Christopher Reeves transformation from Clark Kent to Superman was fantastic and didn't need special effects

supes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm a self confessed Batman fanboy but I don't get the obsession with Pattinson's physique, as really the comics have portrayed that character with numerous ones; some sleek, others monstrously muscled.

Indeed what I do find strange is grown male adults fawning over the condition Affleck was able to get himself into. Fair play to Ben and all that as it obviously took a lot of effort, but jaysus did he not half look like he was about to pop in the suit. Couldn't have been healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I've no issue with the batman physique, bale who is arguably the best onscreen version was never buff either. I think people need to be patient and just rate it when released in theatres. Pattinson has always delivered in role's given so I can't see this being any different.

I'm liking the dark gritty Gotham feel to this movie so far, very like the older 90s movies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Bale was absolutely buff.
    He wasn't Chris Hemsworth/Chris Evans levels of buff, but he wasn't some little weeb either.

Plus he went from the Machinist to Batman Begins in a fairly short space, and actually had to lose weight cos he was too big, which is more impressive given how he looked in both films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Colin Farrell is unrecognisable!!
    he was in the pic?

looking forward to Zoe Kravitz...

This makeup just looks completely amazing. It must be some sort of full face prosthetic, because I see Farrell's forehead and pretty much nothing else

42lwsp7v4vs51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

Cillian Murphy was first choice to play Christopher Nolan's Batman and, from the screenplays, he looked and acted like a damn good Batman.

He's as skinny and as pale as they come so, no issue whatsoever

• Advertisement

MOR316 wrote: »
    Cillian Murphy was first choice to play Christopher Nolan's Batman and, from the screenplays, he looked and acted like a damn good Batman.

He's as skinny and as pale as they come so, no issue whatsoever

scarecrow is batman , not having that .

Advertisement