Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Only 2 defenders?

taking the all out attack option for week 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gone for this:

Yh20jgK.png

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

mailburner wrote: »
    taking the all out attack option for week 1

That's the one chip that can be used any time without any risk.

I will keep it for a time when most of my defenders play away from home or when 1 or 2 are injured or lost the place. Good way to save a transfer in the scenario above I think.

Don't beat me up when Utd concede a goal or 2, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

DpJl70.jpg

Doubtful on Mahrez But I have .5 mil. Any thoughts on a replacement? 6.0 mil midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Good luck all, I'm taking this thread off my list, haven't been able to keep up in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Immediate doubts after confirming my team for the 100th time...roll on kick-off time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wonski wrote: »
    That's the one chip that can be used any time without any risk.

I will keep it for a time when most of my defenders play away from home or when 1 or 2 are injured or lost the place. Good way to save a transfer in the scenario above I think.

Don't beat me up when Utd concede a goal or 2, please.

haha

you're reasoning makes perfect sense
    I only went at this craic last night so its all a bit rushed
    I certainly wont be competitive come may :pac:

I'm backing stoke to beat liverpool so putting my money where my mouth is thus leaving out benteke and starting walters
    it'll probably backfire spectacularly

awful keen to see how pool get in this season
    might be coming back after 3/4 weeks with folks talking about getting rid of benteke or what usually happens....me following the lads who are much better at this craic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    Picking a name is almost as hard!
    Sung-yuengs OfAnarKi is where I am at the minute.

Last time I name a team after him.
    SwanSung

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Scrappylad wrote: »
    DpJl70.jpg

Doubtful on Mahrez But I have .5 mil. Any thoughts on a replacement? 6.0 mil midfield

Hope you didn't replace him!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just came up with a possible ;) WC team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

manual_man wrote: »
    Just came up with a possible ;) WC team

Nice team, but I'd lose Kane and Rooney for Aguero and Gomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

2 out of 3 between Mahrez, Ibe and Troy Deeney for this week? Currently thinking Mahrez on bench? Is that madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

2 out of 3 between Mahrez, Ibe and Troy Deeney for this week? Currently thinking Mahrez on bench? Is that madness?

Yea it is, On form and high on confidence, i'd bench Ibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bench Ibe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Right lads. I was posting opinions to beat the band here for the last 2-3 weeks and I didn't bother posting my own team but I want help and opinions now or there'll be trouble!!

Stekelenburg

Bellerin
    Yoshinda
    Mings

Hazard
    Payet
    Sterling
    Henderson

Rooney
    Kane
    Pelle

Bench:
    Rudd
    Mahrez
    Saylor
    Senderos
    #####################

Bellerin I expect to return, so the question is do I sell one from Mings, Saylor and Senderos and bring in a playing defender.
    I'd rather hold on to the transfer.

Also.. how do I fit Maharez in. Do I drop sterling or Henderbus or go 3-5-2 and drop one from Kane/Rooney/Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Right lads. I was posting opinions to beat the band here for the last 2-3 weeks and I didn't bother posting my own team but I want help and opinions now or there'll be trouble!!

Stekelenburg

Bellerin
    Yoshinda
    Mings

Hazard
    Payet
    Sterling
    Henderson

Rooney
    Kane
    Pelle

Bench:
    Rudd
    Mahrez
    Saylor
    Senderos
    #####################

Bellerin I expect to return, so the question is do I sell one from Mings, Saylor and Senderos and bring in a playing defender.
    I'd rather hold on to the transfer.

Also.. how do I fit Maharez in. Do I drop sterling or Henderbus or go 3-5-2 and drop one from Kane/Rooney/Pelle

Perfect time to go for your 2-5-3 chip imo, I would happily play that front 8.
    Your defense does need to be sorted, but not necessarily this game week. Might be better to use 2 FTs to sort it next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

PARlance wrote: »
    Perfect time to go for your 2-5-3 chip imo, I would happily play that front 8.
    Your defense does need to be sorted, but not necessarily this game week. Might be better to use 2 FTs to sort it next GW.

Very good Option. Save your transfer till next week and see what shakes loose.

WC in play and currently considering this:

Romero McCarthy
    Gomez Targett Oxford Francis Souare
    Mahrez Sanchez Silva Ayew Payet
    Kane Benteke Rooney

Budget all used. Risky approach in defense with the idea to sort it out as and when necessary, in the meantime some price rises are very possible, and should manage 3 starters anyway. Midfield and Forwards i'm very happy with. Aguero still very much on my mind, but come GW4 i can analyse that and may find a way to get him in (not sure i'd be willing to not have Kun for GW4 when the world and his mother will be captaining him)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Romero McCarthy
    Kane Benteke Rooney

Budget all used. Risky approach in defense with the idea to sort it out as and when necessary, in the meantime some price rises are very possible, and should manage 3 starters anyway. Midfield and Forwards i'm very happy with. Aguero still very much on my mind, but come GW4 i can analyse that and may find a way to get him in (not sure i'd be willing to not have Kun for GW4 when the world and his mother will be captaining him)

Having 8 good attackers will only lead to heartache. I'd downgrade one of those and upgrade defence/get your Aguero plan ready. Gomez, Targett and Oxford may all lose their places when others are back.

Aguero is Aguero and he has Everton next week. They looked terrible against Watford. The pressure is on Martinez now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Romero McCarthy
    Kane Benteke Rooney

That is a WC based on GW1 tbh, defence will lead to utter heartache IMO.
    Oxford,Targett and Gomez will lose their places eventually. Mixture of youth and inexperience will find them out.
    Y advice is to start at Aguero and work back, you need him and with a WC its nuts not to get him free as such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

PARlance wrote:
    Perfect time to go for your 2-5-3 chip imo, I would happily play that front 8. Your defense does need to be sorted, but not necessarily this game week. Might be better to use 2 FTs to sort it next GW.

Colking wrote:
    Very good Option. Save your transfer till next week and see what shakes loose.

Had intended to keep the chips for as long as possible but I can see merit in the idea alright

Right i think Riyad the magician Mahrez is gonna be the one to make way (for Anya), allowing me to upgrade Oxford to Alder. Leicesters fixtures aren't exactly promising for the next while (except maybe GW5 home to Villa) so i think it's the sensible call - cuts out the selection headache too. Obiang is back available for West Ham (for anyone who didn't know) and expected to replace Oxford, so fair warning on that one! Alder is nailed and will be a good candidate for baps, if last gw is anything to go by (20bps despite not keeping a cs). Will figure out a way to get in Kun, more than likely it will still be gw4 (Rooney&Kane have plenty of potential between them gw3&4), but sure i'll monitor that one as we go along. Plenty of options to get in Kun with 2 transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I've been playing around with the possibilities we're being offered this year and came to the conclusion that Jesús Navas could be a pivotal FPL player this year, at least for the first quarter of the season.
    The question is: is he nailed? I'd say he is, wouldn't he? Who could threaten his position? Nazeri Nasri? He's sh*te. And anyway he replaced Sterling during GW1. Fernando? Not the same position. Pellegrini would have to line-up very defensively to push Navas on the bench with Fernando. Not his usual style.
    The problem is he doesn't score enough but could be an assist machine.

At his price (£6.5m), he only competes with Cabaye & Barkley. So is he worth the second cheap midfielder spot or is it better to downgrade upfront and upgrade him to the £8.5m price range?

wlerud.png

An Arsenal mid coould come in for Payet later with a small downgrade from either Rooney or Benteke. If Arsenal replicate last season, we can wait for a few GWs to have a better picture of who's gonna perform in their dense midfield.

I can see the temptation with Navas at £6.5M, but his end product is awful. I even noticed his team-mates avoiding giving him the ball on a couple of occasions when he was in promising positions against WBA. De Bruyne i reckon will sign soon and that will severely limit Navas' game time. Alot of options in the 6-7M range that i'd be looking at ahead of Navas: Ritchie, Puncheon, Bolasie, Shaqiri, Ayew, Wijnaldum, Redmond and Mahrez ;5.5M i'd favour over him also

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Romero McCarthy
    Kane Benteke Rooney

first mistake was using your wildcard in the first gw, Second was not having a guaranteed starting defender bar francis but the cherries wont be keeping many cleanies all season..
    Needs a lot more balance midfield isn't even amazing for what you are lacking in defence

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    first mistake was using your wildcard in the first gw, Second was not having a guaranteed starting defender bar francis but the cherries wont be keeping many cleanies all season..
    Needs a lot more balance midfield isn't even amazing for what you are lacking in defence

Upgraded Oxford to Alderweireld as i already said. Along with Francis and Souare that's 3 starters i reckon. Gomez is probably good for the moment and Targett is good for the next 2 games (maybe 3) so i'm not overly worried. I'll change things up if and when they become necessary. I'd have to disagree with you on the midfield front - Sanchez and Silva are top notch, Payet and Ayew are fancied to do well and have good track records. There's a tonne of good midfield options in and around their price if i feel the need to mix things up. Also you just can't have them all (best players). I have a strong front 3 which i'm hopeful will prove beneficial, both for points and having good captain choices on a week-to-week basis. Many different ways to play this game, but i'm quietly confident i can do well. And also re. the early wildcard i don't believe there's any right or wrong time to play it, as such. Time will tell on that front. Best laid plans are often put to ruins, and you have to think on your feet in this game. No regrets on having played it early, but sure time will tell with how things pan out. So. Many. Variables. Cheers for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Schmeichel
    Mertesacker, Alderweireld, Fonte
    Wanyama, Hazard, Mata, Henderson, Silva
    Benteke, Rooney

Courtois, Francis, Morgan and Graham benched.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Schmeichel
    Mertesacker, Alderweireld, Fonte
    Wanyama, Hazard, Mata, Henderson, Silva
    Benteke, Rooney

Courtois, Francis, Morgan and Graham benched.

Thoughts?

You need to change Wanyama or Graham. Having both means you have to play 1 each week, and neither will return many points. To be honest, I'd probably play Morgan ahead of either this week, at least he has a chance of a clean sheet.

Then next week you could look at downgrading Mata to someone like Payet, to free up funds for upgrading Graham or Wanyama.

Ahhh wildcard time already! Usually wait til first international break, but the squad I picked has been awful!

New squad:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Kompany Darmian Gomez Richards Schlupp
    Payet Sanchez Toure Mahrez Redmond
    Aguero Giroud Kone

Kone won't keep his scoring up, but he might get a rise
    Aguero, Sanchez are my regulars for the rest of the season, barring injury
    Giroud is a streaky player. The goal today could be the start of a good run.
    Yaya... I took out Hazard for Yaya. Still feels wrong.
    Payet, Mahrez definitely in as everyone else has them and they keep scoring!
    Defense... Richards in purely for profit. Schlupp has a decent next few games
    Gomez will be moved on in a week or two
    Darmian and Kompany will be there for the foreseeable. I like Kolorov as well, but he seems to pick up more cards than Kompany

Thoughts?

I usually play 3-5-2 btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Hi there

Would appreciate some opinions on this please. I have taken -4 to get in Toure and Aguero last night (shakes fist at Aguero not going up!)

I have coates also who looks like he'll go down tonight.

My question:

Is it worth taking another -4 to change Coates out for another 4.5 defender, say Richards ?

Or should I cool the jets and not jump on the Richards Bandwagon ?

o4jvcW5.png?1

Advertisement