Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    There was an Aguero in two moves draft, but I think I'm going this way.

Was tempted myself but decided not too, quite like it as is...

Won't need to WC to get him so happy to gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Dempsey wrote: »
    Boruc, Cech

Francis, Huth, Alderweireld

Sterling, Mane, Hazard (c), Cabaye

Aguero, Kane, Deeney

Boruc, Baker, O' Shea, Anya

I'm content with this team going into the first week, I'm expecting to hit the middle of the road and plenty of options to adjust when the star performers come to the fore. Any thoughts are welcome

Save 0.5 by swapping Boruc to a 4.0 as you'll play Courtois every week. Use that to upgrade Baker, there's plenty of good 4.5 options. Personally not a fan of Cabaye at 6.5 although plenty on here have him. Prefer somebody further forward at the price. Coates is apparently more nailed on to start than O'shea so that's an easy swap. Anya I don't think is guaranteed to play week in week out although there isn't much options at 4.5, have Fletcher myself. Love the strikeforce :) Maybe go with Rooney over Aguero GW1 and keep the money ITB for the straight swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Was tempted myself but decided not too, quite like it as is...

Won't need to WC to get him so happy to gamble.

Thought i was the one gambling!! :)

I'm happier having those two transfers to fine tune other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Last chance for me to change my team.all opinions greatly appreciated.

Courtois

O shea bellerin ivanovich huth

Henderson depay hazard wallcott

Rooney benteke

Hennessey behrami wilson baker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Good side once you sell Defoe :P Don't think Anya is nailed on either

I edited my post quickly after posting as you will see and now I have Wilson :pac: haha! Did not think I'd be going all out Bournemouth for the first few fixtures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

This may be my final draft. Any opinions?

357880.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ff.PNG

Small rumors that Baines may be injured, but could be utter tripe tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Save 0.5 by swapping Boruc to a 4.0 as you'll play Courtois every week. Use that to upgrade Baker, there's plenty of good 4.5 options. Personally not a fan of Cabaye at 6.5 although plenty on here have him. Prefer somebody further forward at the price. Coates is apparently more nailed on to start than O'shea so that's an easy swap. Anya I don't think is guaranteed to play week in week out although there isn't much options at 4.5, have Fletcher myself. Love the strikeforce :) Maybe go with Rooney over Aguero GW1 and keep the money ITB for the straight swap?

All the 4.0 keepers wont get a game. I rather have a keeper that starts as a backup. I dont want a bench that doesnt get a game

I think Cabaye will have the licence to get forward and will be on set pieces. He was a must have at NUFC under Pardew, I'm thinking he'll get the same role at Palace.

Heard this one too. O'Shea is club captain and played well last season. I imagine its between Coates and Kaboul to earn the right to partner him unless he gets injured/loss of form. What the hell has Coates done to start at any EPL club off the bat?? I could be wrong but I think him and Kaboul have alot to prove before O' Shea gets dropped. I'm happy to wait until that day.

Anya isnt a great choice but I havent seen anyone better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

The funny thing lads and lassies is that if we all look back in around a months time(if even that)....we will be saying about a few of our initial picks

'What in the name of jaysus made me pick that dud!!!?'

Hitting the hay, Best of luck to all for the season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Think I've finally landed on my starting squad after numerous drafts the last few weeks. Appreciate any feedback & suggestions as it's a good group on here.

Ruddy / Butland
    Azpi / Monreal / Francis / Richards / Coates
    Hazard / Sterling / Ozil / Ayew / Bradley Johnson
    Rooney / Benteke / Deeney

My plan would normally be to rotate Johnson & Deeney depending on fixtures but starting both in GW1 with Ayew dropping. If any of the cheap midfielders break out then Johnson can make way, same goes for Monreal in defence. I expect to bring in Aguero after a few weeks, depends on Rooney & Benteke's form who for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

The funny thing lads and lassies is that if we all look back in around a months time(if even that)....we will be saying about a few of our initial picks

'What in the name of jaysus made me pick that dud!!!?'

Hitting the hay, Best of luck to all for the season ahead.

would be great to know whats gona happen tomorrow we would be all outside paddy powers in the morning :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    All the 4.0 keepers wont get a game. I rather have a keeper that starts as a backup. I dont want a bench that doesnt get a game

I think Cabaye will have the licence to get forward and will be on set pieces. He was a must have at NUFC under Pardew, I'm thinking he'll get the same role at Palace.

Heard this one too. O'Shea is club captain and played well last season. I imagine its between Coates and Kaboul to earn the right to partner him unless he gets injured/loss of form. What the hell has Coates done to start at any EPL club off the bat?? I could be wrong but I think him and Kaboul have alot to prove before O' Shea gets dropped. I'm happy to wait until that day.

Anya isnt a great choice but I havent seen anyone better

Well Baker won't get a game either :) I don't think a 5.5 for a keeper is the way to go anyway. I have Ruddy and Butland. For the last 3 seasons i've went with two rotating 4.5s and it's served me well. 5.5 keepers don't justify the extra 1m spent IMO. Look at Panti last year and (I think) Speroni the year before.

“I still have concerns although Lee Congerton has done a great job to bring in (Sebastian) Coates for £2m, (Younes) Kaboul for £3m, (Yann) M’Vila for nothing and (Adam) Matthews for £2m.

“But normally if you bring in players for that money, they are bench players.

“For me, they have to play (in the starting XI).
    http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/dick-advocaat-i-still-want-two-more-sunderland-signings-1-7398608

Seems to suggest Coates and Kaboul partnership. Well with your 4.5 mid you don't expect much but you'd like him to at least get the 2 pts for 60 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FF2015_zpswaovx3my.jpg

Stekelenburg and Ruddy rotate perfectly for the first 8 GWs.
    Aside from Ivanovic who will start every GW, the other 4 give me a perfect H/A rotation.. i.e 2 Home + 2 Away for each of the first 8 GW.
    Mahrez will start most weeks, and Ritchie and Sakho will rotate depending on who is at home.

My remaining concern is - Ivan + Benteke OR Azpi + Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ff.PNG

He has a great fixture in week 1, but you really won't want an Everton defender until about 10 weeks in IMO, especially not one that costs £6.5m when there are various premium options for £0.5m-£1m less and Baines no longer takes penalties which were a huge part of his appeal in previous seasons.

Turn Baines into an Azpilcueta/Mertesacker/Bellerin etc and you'd have enough cash to turn Taylor into a £4.5m, every week starter. I think you'd be better off with someone like Coates given Sunderland's fixtures over Ward too. Butland is the same price as Myhill but rotates way, way better with Ruddy and finally, I think you'd be better off taking a chance on a Deeney/Wilson over Diouf. Diouf is a canny player but Stoke have a tough-ish start and the extra £1m you'd save there on top of the possibly £1m saved from Baines could be used to turn Cabaye into a big hitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Late night decisions…

Anyone can comment on this:

Stekelenburg (Hennessy)

Azpi | Bellerìn | Kolarov (Gomez | S.Taylor)

Fabregas | Mata | Henderson | Ozil (Fletcher)

Aguero | Kane | Deeney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ok going to sign of Agueroless with a plan in place if need be-

need a decision on
    A)Henderson and Ivan
    Or
    b) Mane and Azpi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Quick question lads before my brain explodes, is Cedric Soares gonna be a regular starter foe Southampton?

Quick question lads before my brain explodes, is Cedric Soares gonna be a regular starter foe Southampton?

Yes. Great pick

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Team selected & gone into the FSA league (free):

Courtois Hennessy

Apzi Bellerin Huth (Cedric Coates)

Sterling Hazard Wanyama Ozil Cabaye

Rooney Bony (Ulloa)

Haven't had much time to spend on this, mainly this evening.

Aguero can be brought in, in a couple of hits. Taking a punt on Bony over Tekkkers.

Good luck all, let the fun begin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Skippy - hendo & Ivan

Or c - hendo & apzi plus extra cash itb?

• Advertisement

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    Skippy - hendo & Ivan

Cash in the bank doesn't get you any points. Unless you're planning a GW2 transfer, get the money invested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

With 1.5m in the bank how's this looking?

Paully D wrote: »
    Cash in the bank doesn't get you any points. Unless you're planning a GW2 transfer, get the money invested.

It does help later on when upgrading to Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Anyone??

Late night decisions…

Anyone can comment on this:

Stekelenburg (Hennessy)

Azpi | Bellerìn | Kolarov (Gomez | S.Taylor)

Fabregas | Mata | Henderson | Ozil (Fletcher)

Aguero | Kane | Deeney

Team finalised:

129fdafc97ac2f55912ed73f73f8320e.png

Goodnight and best of luck all :cool:

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    Skippy - hendo & Ivan

Azpi over Ivan makes little sense tbh
    I love Mane as a FF player buut think ill just go hendo and Ivan and use Ivan as aguero cash when needed

Paully D wrote: »
    Team finalised:

129fdafc97ac2f55912ed73f73f8320e.png

Goodnight and best of luck all :cool:

Like this team same front 7 as myself-
    from the def id ship Shaw- United def looks shakey and no De Gea- Cedric from saints is a great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Going with this line up and going to try resist tweaking it.

Goalkeeper:
    Courtois starting all matches for me
    (Hennessy-coin flip for Palace GK)

Defence: Bellerin, Cedric Soares, Huth

Bench: (Targett, S Taylor) hoping one of these gets a game this weekend at least in case Huth doesnt

Midfield:
    Mane-Expensive, probably under priced last year and making up for it now, have him there instead of trying to squeeze in and choosing Pelle or J Rodregiuez (when fit) in up front when.

Hazard (C), Silva, =>Chelsea-City attacking cover.

Walcott-hoping he's played as a striker regularly

Bentaleb (4.5 MF- will be swapped out fairly sharp if not getting 60 mins)

Strikers:
    going with the old dogs for the hard road to start off

Rooney: United's main goal threat when played up front,
    torn on waiting on Aguero for a GW in case he's eased into the season like last year.

Benteke: seems best value to me at 8.5, getting double figures each season for villa, hoping Liverpool will provide him with more opportunities. (only other value I see in pool attack is Ibe in MF if he plays regularly )

Defoe: another coin toss for me between him a Troy Deeney.
    Both good fixtures for first stretch of games, Defoe proven in the league, if Deeney hits the ground running though this could change round fast

This is the Aguero plan

Out: Silva and Rooney
    In: Aguero and Depay (or Mata)

Think I'm short money for that
    So then i could do
    Out: Mane and Benteke
    In: Ibe and Pelle or J Rodriguez

If I have to do this over 2 GW's it'll be -8 hit, not too bothered if I'm forced into this or even -12 in one week.

But does anyone think I should start off with;
    Aguero, Mata (or Depay), Ibe (or a 5mill starter)
    over
    Rooney, Silva, Mane.

Then no hit and transfer Benteke for Pelle/J Rodriguez as my first transfer

Not ideal starting off and lining up a hit so early on but being Aguero-less would be tough if he starts rising fast

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

only started this tonight so thanks to all who posted
    dropped kane as im hell bent on having walters esp v pool :D
    was very tempted to go with wilson but having three from bournemouth probably not a good idea
    30x8m0m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Why does everyone have a hard on for Ritchie?

Advertisement