Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

3dd13188920a009e6c272d4cf6611675.png

Opinions?

EDIT: Baines should be starting ahead of Ward and Berahino should be starting ahead of Dyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Untitled.jpg

what do you guys think? not sure if aguero will start but papers are predicting him in the lineup. i dont usually bother with subs as ive always a spare transfer or two each week. i have jordon ive in on the bench if im ever stuck after i do a tactical transfer. not ideal but i play for the craic.

aguero for me will be top scorer. he is simply too good for anyone to compete with. fabregas IMO is a great player to have if you cannot afford hazard.

0.5 in the bank..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Paully D wrote: »
    I know what you mean mate, but if I went from £5.5m -> £5m or £4.5m DEF, I don't even know what I'd do with the extra cash and there's no other defenders in that price bracket that I really fancy.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to turn Henderson into Sterling, but it's too difficult without making 2 downgrades in defence for me.

I like United's fixtures (though I did last year too and we all know what happened there) and Shaw's chances of getting some attacking returns in those games. It was a toss up between him and Darmian but van Gaal starting Valencia scares me, hence I went for Shaw.
    All fair points. I do think that if you're taking a leap of faith with the United defence that Shaw is the one to go with. LVG was talking him up in preseason.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Opinions please.

Hennessy (Myhill)
    Ivanovic Kolarov Huth (Muniesa Saylor)
    Hazard Sterling Walcott Cabaye (Fletcher)
    Rooney Benteke Sakho

I really like this. Not a million miles between ours, the main difference being your Cabaye to my Memphis which gives you a stronger defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Henderson/Jay Rodriguez

or

Depay/Troy Deeney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lads, what time do you reckon the team sheets for untied game tomorrow will be out?

Also - does anyone have any concrete ideas on the palace keeper for start of season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I actually really, really like this set up :)

7wf5Hko.jpg?1

Norwich and Sunderland have very decent fixtures and are likely to do as well as anyone. Looking at other 4.5 DEFENDERS (I got it right FHFC :) ) and I don't see any I want from Villa/Palace/Stoke/Watford/Newcastle etc Gomez is a risk as is Yoshida. Plus it enables the rest.

And the rest is glorious :cool:

3 Captaincy options in Aguero/Hazard/Rooney and Ramsey. Plus the Henderbus and my Norwich midfielder. Pelle I see as the best of the rest for the first while. I don't plan on using the WC at any particular time but with these changes it does have to happen sooner rather than later :)

Our teams are getting quite similar which if truth be told, is worrying :)

Ruddy (4)
    Clyne, Bellerin, Morgan (4,Saylor)
    Fab, Walcott, Mane, Ritchie (Fletch)
    PelleRooKun

Any reason why Huth is a better shout than Morgan?
    Walcott to Rambo would give me a more certain 4.5 playing def.

Ok.. it only the GK and front 3 that are similar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

keano_afc wrote: »
    Henderson/Jay Rodriguez

or

Depay/Troy Deeney

Double D all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Paully D wrote: »
    Picture is a bit too small mate.
    Yes, cropping is your friend!!

Very balanced team. I'd rethink Fonte and Clyne though. Tough fixtures for Liverpool.

Haha sorry pic was posted from the phone. OP has been edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Henderson/Jay Rodriguez

or

Depay/Troy Deeney

Depay & Deeney, by a distance.

Rodriguez is not guaranteed to start. Deeney is nailed on and on pens.

Depay and Henderson both on set pieces, but Depay should be playing in a much more advanced role.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

fa4jmg.png

Any Opinions on this? Defence is a bit weak, will probably wildcard withing the first 5gws to accomodate Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PARlance wrote: »
    Our teams are getting quite similar which if truth be told, is worrying :)

Ruddy (4)
    Clyne, Bellerin, Morgan (4,Saylor)
    Fab, Walcott, Mane, Ritchie (Fletch)
    PelleRooKun

Any reason why Huth is a better shout than Morgan?
    Walcott to Rambo would give me a more certain 4.5 playing def.

Ok.. it only the GK and front 3 that are similar :)

Great minds think alike :)

Morgan was playing in the Gold Cup for Jamaica which started once the Copa America finished so he's not long back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Untitled.jpg

what do you guys think? not sure if aguero will start but papers are predicting him in the lineup. i dont usually bother with subs as ive always a spare transfer or two each week. i have jordon ive in on the bench if im ever stuck after i do a tactical transfer. not ideal but i play for the craic.

aguero for me will be top scorer. he is simply too good for anyone to compete with. fabregas IMO is a great player to have if you cannot afford hazard.

0.5 in the bank..
    Nice team but I can imagine your bench is very weak.

That will come back to bite you in the ass sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the code for the Boards.ie league?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does someone care to rip my logic to bits? Out of 500 drafts, this is the only one that hasn't included Ritchie. If you want a sure thing, he will definitely score 10+ points now :pac:

wtXOZo0.png

GK:
    Cech: will play every week. Going for the 5.5 & 4.0 reduces the frustration of having 2 x 4.5 keepers and invariably having the frustration of getting the choice wrong occasionally

DEF:
    Cedric: Solid defense last season, hoping for more of the same.

Francis: Links up well with Ritchie and may get some assists.

Huth: Good fixtures.

Williams: Not great fixtures, but rotates with Huth. Need someone for GW2 with a nice home fixture.

PVA: Coates/O'Shea/Kaboul will probably be rotated every so often. PVA offers a guaranteed starter and potential attacking returns for the 0.5 extra.

MID:
    Hazard: Too much ownership to go without him.

Depay: On set pieces, looked good in pre-season. Potential to be a bargain at 8.5. New players to the league are most likely to be undervalued. Reasonably good fixtures.

Walcott: Hopefully playing up front.

Mahrez: On some set pieces. Scored a couple in pre-season and had a hat full of assists playing as a #10

Sinclair: 5.0 and should be a penalty taker. Some concerns over game time, but should start the season at least.

FW:
    Rooney: Will score a bag full of goals as the main striker (if he avoids injury). Reasonably good fixtures.

Benteke: Scored very well in a poor Aston Villa team. He should have much better service, and has a very good looking fixture in GW2 where he is a potential captain.

Pelle: The outstanding player in pre-season having scored a truck load of goals (including the Europe League games). Decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great minds think alike :)

Morgan was playing in the Gold Cup for Jamaica which started once the Copa America finished so he's not long back.

Might rob him from you so.
    I could change Clyne/Bellerin and my 4m for a couple of your guys but I won't be greedy.

I'm planning on using that 9.5 to get myself the best 5m + 4.5m after a couple of weeks.

Would Kolarov tempt you over Clyne/Bellerin for the first 2-3 GWs?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Right, think thats me done, after countless attempts tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I could change Clyne/Bellerin and my 4m for a couple of your guys but I won't be greedy.

I'm planning on using that 9.5 to get myself the best 5m + 4.5m after a couple of weeks.

Nobody can complain about copying or anything, that's what can happen when you post your team online :P Copy away i say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nearing my ideal team.

Fabianski
    ----Kolarov--Bellerín--Azpilicueta--
    Sterling--Hazard--Özil--Henderson
    ---Bamford--Rooney--Benteke----

Schwarzer--Baker--Wanyama

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd certainly go for Kolorov over Clyne for the same price. But spending 5.5 for a Pool defender at the start of the season wouldn't even cross my mind.

We all know Kolorov will end in tears it's just a question of when. Also Clyne scored against Pool in the first game last.

Glad I made things clear and simple for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭HoopsLad1888

This is my team what you's think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭HoopsLad1888

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Final team, wont be making any more changes. Its really boom or bust with doubts over many of my players.

357872.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Main issue for me is Defoe or deeney.

Bench is way too expensive, your captain may not play, so if you want to have him, you certainly shouldn't be captaining him. Better options than Berahino IMO such as Sakho Deeny and Wilson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm finished at last.
    I've gone with Fletcher over Bentaleb as that's what most seem to be doing.
    Morgan in for Huth is a personal preference.
    Koscielny should be good for bonus points and hopefully a few goals from corners.
    I'm happy to have kept my strong midfield even if it meant missing out on Kane.
    357873.jpg
    Time for bed, good luck everyone tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Finally decided on my XI for tomorrow:

Cech

Terry/Clyne/Koscielny People will argue with Ivan/Bellerin.

Fabregas/Hazard/Walcott/Depay

Rooney/Naismith/Hooper.

thoughts?

Final team, wont be making any more changes. Its really boom or bust with doubts over many of my players.

357872.png

Targett is really a one week job if even that. Get rid. Ibe won't be nailed on. Puncheon isn't a great pick imo with Cabaye maybe robbing his set pieces. Neither Ozil or Fabregas are explosive enough ie they don't have the ability to bag 2 or 3 goals á la Walcott

spock. wrote: »
    I'm finished at last.
    I've gone with Fletcher over Bentaleb as that's what most seem to be doing.
    Morgan in for Huth is a personal preference.
    Koscielny should be good for bonus points and hopefully a few goals from corners.
    I'm happy to have kept my strong midfield even if it meant missing out on Kane.
    357873.jpg
    Time for bed, good luck everyone tomorrow!

Very nice side :) I don't suppose it's possible to upgrade S Taylor, with Coloccini having signed an extension?

Smartguy wrote: »
    Main issue for me is Defoe or deeney.

Deeney or Wilson x100000000 rather than Defoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Targett is really a one week job if even that. Get rid. Ibe won't be nailed on. Puncheon isn't a great pick imo with Cabaye maybe robbing his set pieces. Neither Ozil or Fabregas are explosive enough ie they don't have the ability to bag 2 or 3 goals á la Walcott

Who should I replace Targett with? I'm going to move Ibe on for Gnabry next week if he starts against City on Monday night. Id love Walcott but I will have to do without with what I have spent upfront. Could go Rooney to Kane and upgrade Ozil to Walcott?

Advertisement