Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭HoopsLad1888

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bench is way too expensive, your captain may not play, so if you want to have him, you certainly shouldn't be captaining him. Better options than Berahino IMO such as Sakho Deeny and Wilson

But if Costa doesn't play hazard will be the captain so that's fine, I just took sahko out for berihino :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Who should I replace Targett with? I'm going to move Ibe on for Gnabry next week if he starts against City on Monday night. Id love Walcott but I will have to do without with what I have spent upfront. Could go Rooney to Kane and upgrade Ozil to Walcott?

Ideally you could upgrade to a 4.5. If not, Steven Taylor has the best chance of gametime. There's a few options at 5.5 like Mahrez Gradel or Zaha but I'm guessing upgrading is tough with that front 3 :P I'd probably prefer Ibe to Gnabry, don't think Gnabry has a whole lot of points potential although I may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

Could use a second opinion on my team :)

KG7fF74.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Is going with two 6m defenders madness? They are Azpi and Kos. Could the money be used elsewhere?

But if Costa doesn't play hazard will be the captain so that's fine, I just took sahko out for berihino :/

Just hope he doesn't get a 5 minute cameo, everyones worst captain nightmare :P

• Advertisement

Is going with two 6m defenders madness? They are Azpi and Kos. Could the money be used elsewhere?

May not be madness but could definitely be used elsewhere. I have a 7 and 5 si I've pretty much the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thoughts on this team? Totally forgot about FF and had to throw it together before bed. Will tweak in morning before work.

Courtois

---Mertesacker----Huth----Clyne

Ritchie--Walcott--Depay---Hazard (c)

Rooney----Benteke----Pelle

Subs: Schwarzer, Wanyama, Baker, O'Shea.

Probably pretty stupid having a Liverpool player in defence. Maybe Kolorov for Clyne? Not too happy with Baker or O'Shea either...t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

manual_man wrote: »
    Costa AND Lukaku? That's ballsy :pac::pac::pac::pac: Could reap handsome dividends if it comes off...

Fitness worries aside, Team overall looks fairly well balanced I think. 0.5 in the bank to do Lukaku->Benteke might be useful for gw2... Also don't be surprised if you need to use a transfer soon to shift Walcott out. If you need/want to free up 0.5 I might suggest Cedric->4.5def - Cedric has competition from Cuco Martina for his place, and honestly I'm not convinced of S'hamptons defensive prospects with Alderweireld/Clyne/Schneiderlin all having left

Edit: Cedric->4.5, Walcott->Arsenal8.5, Lukaku->Benteke, Azpi->Mert/Bellerin and Butland->Courtois and I think you'd be looking VERY strong longer term

Much appreciated.

Just not convinced by Benteke but might just go with him anyway. Also, why might I need to shift Walcott out soon? Been very busy these days so can't put the time into this that I normally do..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭HoopsLad1888

Just hope he doesn't get a 5 minute cameo, everyones worst captain nightmare :P

Apologies I know what you mean now, yeah it's hit and miss really do I keep him captain and chance it or change my captain and run the risk of Costa running riot:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

blackwave wrote: »
    Could use a second opinion on my team :)

KG7fF74.png

Wanyama should never be a starter in any team IMO. He's not a good FPL player at all. I'd even urge caution using him as the £4.5m placeholder due to his high ownership which means he could be ripe for a price drop if he's transferred out en masse. From your team I'd definitely be starting Johnson over him and getting him out for a lower owned £4.5m for the bench.

Despite Pulis being at the helm, West Brom have an awful, awful start. You could get Lescott out for a £4.5m defender and most likely end up with a higher return over the first few weeks and then use the extra £0.5m to turn Taylor into a £4.5m every week starter in the process. Have a look at the likes of Huth, Coates, Martin.

• Advertisement

Apologies I know what you mean now, yeah it's hit and miss really do I keep him captain and chance it or change my captain and run the risk of Costa running riot:(

Maybe Mourinhos latest comments could help you :)

Asked whether he expects the striker to be fit to face Swansea on Saturday, Mourinho said: "I have no idea. I don't risk to say yes, but I also don't risk to say no.

"On Friday at the next press conference I think I will tell you again that I don’t know. But we have two other strikers, one to play and one to come off the bench."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Maybe Mourinhos latest comments could help you :)

Asked whether he expects the striker to be fit to face Swansea on Saturday, Mourinho said: "I have no idea. I don't risk to say yes, but I also don't risk to say no.

"On Friday at the next press conference I think I will tell you again that I don’t know. But we have two other strikers, one to play and one to come off the bench."

That certainly clears everything up

iba wrote: »
    That certainly clears everything up

Without doubt ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    Nearing my ideal team.

Fabianski
    ----Kolarov--Bellerín--Azpilicueta--
    Sterling--Hazard--Özil--Henderson
    ---Bamford--Rooney--Benteke----

Schwarzer--Baker--Wanyama

Quick read though here and the changes are made

Myhill
    ----Kolarov--Bellerín--Azpilicueta--
    Sterling--Hazard--Walcott--Henderson
    ---Bamford--Rooney--Benteke----

Schwarzer--Baker--Fletcher

This game I hate to love and love to hate!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

May not be madness but could definitely be used elsewhere. I have a 7 and 5 si I've pretty much the same :)

Keep Azpi, downgrade Kos to Bellerin and use the extra cash elsewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tusky wrote: »
    Thoughts on this team? Totally forgot about FF and had to throw it together before bed. Will tweak in morning before work.

Courtois

---Mertesacker----Huth----Clyne

Ritchie--Walcott--Depay---Hazard (c)

Rooney----Benteke----Pelle

Subs: Schwarzer, Wanyama, Baker, O'Shea.

Probably pretty stupid having a Liverpool player in defence. Maybe Kolorov for Clyne? Not too happy with Baker or O'Shea either...t

A fine team for one that has been put together quickly IMO.

I don't like going with the £4m option in defense as there's very little chance they will play if you need them and I agree with you on the Liverpool defense. Personally I think if you downgrade Clyne and upgrade Baker for someone who will start, you'll look in much better shape. If you wanted a Saints defender you could get Cedric at £5m and have £0.5m left to upgrade Baker for example. I'd be looking at the likes of Francis, Mings, Martin, in that £4.5m range.

Coates is a better option than O'Shea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Paully D wrote: »
    Wanyama should never be a starter in any team IMO. He's not a good FPL player at all. I'd even urge caution using him as the £4.5m placeholder due to his high ownership which means he could be ripe for a price drop if he's transferred out en masse. From your team I'd definitely be starting Johnson over him and getting him out for a lower owned £4.5m for the bench.

Despite Pulis being at the helm, West Brom have an awful, awful start. You could get Lescott out for a £4.5m defender and most likely end up with a higher return over the first few weeks and then use the extra £0.5m to turn Taylor into a £4.5m every week starter in the process. Have a look at the likes of Huth, Coates, Martin.

Only problem with that is there isn't anyone else at 4.5m apart from Fletcher that is a guaranteed starter that will outscore Wanyama.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So, this is the team I'm going with.

Not sure how I feel with 4 newly promoted players in my team, 3 starting, but I'm playing the fixtures game and have to stick to it!

I also have 2.5m in the bank. AKA the Aguero fund.

Canot wait for tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the actual football or for the FPL rollercoaster :P

EDIT: ****, my arrogance over owning Defoe is wearing thin. Now strongly considering Wilson. Is 3 starting Bournemouth players overkill???

jpttnb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭blackwave

Paully D wrote: »

Thanks got rid of Lescott for Huth and Wanyama for Bentaleb. I tempted to use the extra .5M to upgrade to Walcott?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No, play the first note Dougal. The fúcking first one....

357874.png

This is my Aguero team.

I like my teams like my women, a wee bit risky and big up front.

Aguero being fitted in focuses the mind on things like splashing 5m on a West Ham defender, to rotate with a defender from a newly promoted team with an attacking manager.

I'm also willing to risk Hennessy/MCarthy for a few weeks at least. When its clear which of them is first choice I can upgrade the other and have a playing 4m backup and some price rises hopefully.

Holding firm for one premium defence. But now going to a slightly less sexy Leicester/Sunderland rotation (LEI,NOR,SWA,bou,AVL,bou) to join my Norwich Liverpool (CPL,BOU,STO,WHU,BOU,NOR).

In midfield I'm toying with going back to Rambo for now instead of Walcott. Fab stays. Payet and Mahrez seem good use of the budget I have left.

And those forwards, well, they should do. Benteke/Kane a close call. Going Benteke could let me get Chadli instead of Mahrez. I still have my traditional 0.5 in the bank which could take Ramsey to Walcott, or a decent second GK if the notion strikes.

I'm ready to downgrade that front line when the opportunity arises and upgrade midfield or defs/gk.

Risky. Too risky?

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    So, this is the team I'm going with.

Not sure how I feel with 4 newly promoted players in my team, 3 starting, but I'm playing the fixtures game and have to stick to it!

I also have 2.5m in the bank. AKA the Aguero fund.

Canot wait for tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the actual football or for the FPL rollercoaster :P

jpttnb.png

Good side once you sell Defoe :P Don't think Anya is nailed on either

FHFC wrote: »

357874.png

This is my Aguero team.

Aguero being fitted in focuses the mind on things like splashing 5m on a West Ham defender, to rotate with a defender from a newly promoted team with an attacking manager.

I'm also willing to risk Hennessy/MCarthy for a few weeks at least. When its clear which of them is first choice I can upgrade the other and have a playing 4m backup and some price rises hopefully.

Holding firm for one premium defence. But now going to a slightly less sexy Leicester/Sunderland rotation (LEI,NOR,SWA,bou,AVL,bou) to join my Norwich Liverpool (CPL,BOU,STO,WHU,BOU,NOR).

In midfield I'm toying with going back to Rambo for now instead of Walcott. Fab stays. Payet and Mahrez seem good use of the budget I have left.

And those forwards, well, they should do. Benteke/Kane a close call. Going Benteke could let me get Chadli instead of Mahrez. I still have my traditional 0.5 in the bank which could take Ramsey to Walcott, or a decent second GK if the notion strikes.

I'm ready to downgrade that front line when the opportunity arises and upgrade midfield or defs/gk.

Risky. Too risky?

Good Aguero side :D I'd prefer Mahrez and Kane over Benteke and Chadli too. Serious strikeforce though :D Not personally a fan of Bellerin due to Debuchy who will have to get gametime at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

357874.png

This is my Aguero team.

Risky. Too risky?

Step away from the computer now son, head to bed and keep the first draft.

Good night son!!!!

Not personally a fan of Bellerin due to Debuchy who will have to get gametime at some stage :)

Wenger said Bellerin was first choice. Thats what the League cup and CL group games are for.

Do you think Mert is less under pressure from Gabriel?

dahat wrote: »
    Step away from the computer now son, head to bed and keep the first draft.

Good night son!!!!

Which first draft!?!?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Boruc, Cech

Francis, Huth, Alderweireld

Sterling, Mane, Hazard (c), Cabaye

Aguero, Kane, Deeney

Boruc, Baker, O' Shea, Anya

I'm content with this team going into the first week, I'm expecting to hit the middle of the road and plenty of options to adjust when the star performers come to the fore. Any thoughts are welcome

Wenger said Bellerin was first choice. Thats what the League cup and CL group games are for.

Do you think Mert is less under pressure from Gabriel?

Nah, It's Kos or no one for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Which first draft!?!?:D

Non Aguero one....or was there ever one???

True Boards hussle if so!!!

dahat wrote: »
    Non Aguero one....or was there ever one???

True Boards hussle if so!!!

There was an Aguero in two moves draft, but I think I'm going this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Picking a name is almost as hard!
    Sung-yuengs OfAnarKi is where I am at the minute.

Advertisement