Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2015 Stage 4 Seriang - Cambrai (cobbles) *contains unmasked spoilers*

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

In his interview Tony Martin said the bike he borrowed had the brakes the other way round to his own. Does anyone know if this is common? It seems like a recipe for disaster to me, I would have thought all teams would have Euro standard front left, rear right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

glack wrote: »
    Makes it even more impressive.

And Pinot look less professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Brake set up is commented upon within. Decidedly odd for a german.

Watching the finish I had visions of him intending to scrub a touch of speed in the final corner and accidentally washing out the front wheel instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Guybrush T wrote: »
    In his interview Tony Martin said the bike he borrowed had the brakes the other way round to his own. Does anyone know if this is common? It seems like a recipe for disaster to me, I would have thought all teams would have Euro standard front left, rear right.

Depends on UK vs Continental, see this discussion

claims it is because people use rear brake to scrub when slowing so fron brake level should be on same side as traffic so you can use that hand to signal your are slowing. Interesting theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Sam Bennett
    Tony Martin

Proper cyclist

Caps not hats

Much respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Looking at the highlights and Pinots meltdown again. Over 18km to go and Martin and a team mate get stuck in to catch up to peleton, get to the back of it with around 15/16km to go. He goes on to break from it and win the stage.

At the same point Martin is chasing, Pinot throws his tantrum and is completely disinterested for the rest of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

T Martin is one of those cyclists that sums up everything I admire about the pros. Hard as nails, prepared to lose trying to win but when he has to work for a team mate shows total selflessness and drives himself into the ground. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Sam Bennett
    And to think Tony Martin only gave up his number as a policeman in 2011, which he kept as back up in case he didn't make it as a pro cyclist.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/9897/Martin-gives-up-police-job-fully-committed-to-professional-cycling.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

Brilliant. Just at the end of the clip you can hear Trentin shouting "He win with my bike!"

Advertisement