Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2015 Stage 4 Seriang - Cambrai (cobbles) *contains unmasked spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Zdenek Stybar
    I feel a good raod captain is like a good funeral director. You shouldn't really notice them and if you do then it means things has gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

sky on their funny bikes today?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I wonder did the guy with the Canon manage to hit any of them?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Andre Greipel
    lennymc wrote: »

Yup. Eurosport are obsessed by them, JA Flèche just did a minute long report on them.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He's definitely not 8%. Nibali remarked a few years back he was at 7% at the Dauphine and he couldn't follow Contador and Froome as their BF% was lower and his fat level couldn't follow that. I also read somewhere saying he attributes that weight loss as to being vital for his Tour win. I'd say Contador and Nibali are at 5/6% and Froome is below that. I read on another forum that some guy watched all the cyclists at the start line in person the other day and they all looked skinny, but Froome looked like a zombie.

There pctures I've seen of Froome lately suggested that he is too thin for the stress that will be put on his body over the next 3 weeks but I assume some one knows what they are doing with Froome at Team Sky

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Andre Greipel
    I'm so excited about today, I used Alpecin shampoo this morning to get in the right mindset.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭isitraining

Peter Sagan
    lennymc wrote: »

Yep. They've just been bouncing one up and down on Eurosport to prove it does what it's supposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Bennett on the front there a few minutes ago going round a corner. He looked lost. Roche on the front now looking much more like it. I only need to see Dan and my lunchtime bingo is complete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The guys going on about how the stage could be absolute mayhem if the conditions turn bad are really unintentionally selling it.

Ouch, broken neck from yesterday for Bonnet.

Zdenek Stybar
    Race splitting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

45 mins till I am home watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

its an uphill sprint today, can Bennett get over the cobbles?

Zdenek Stybar
    Stannard off the back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

seems theres crosswinds at play here too. this is going to be one interesting stage from here on I reckon.

gallopan, standard and kelderman all struggling and 7 sections of pave to come I wish I wasn't tracking on text comms :(

Zdenek Stybar
    How many sections of cobbles are there today ??

Al I heer are cobbles cobbles cobbles cobbles cobbles cobbles cobbles cobbles cobbles

7 sectors the one they are on now, then the remaining 6 sectors are in the last 20 km

Zdenek Stybar
    D3PO wrote: »
    7 sectors the one they are on now, then the remaining 6 sectors are in the last 20 km

Gosh considering how excited they got for that one stuff is gonna happen

MPFG wrote: »
    Gosh considering how excited they got for that one stuff is gonna happen

yep lol. I mean a 1.7km cobble section and then no more for nearly 100km what exactly were they expecting to happen on that sector ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Andre Greipel
    Brian? wrote: »
    In fact it was Roche who led the charge to close down a split Saxo-Tinkoff caused.

i said i'd like to see roche today, didn't say he wasn't pulling his weight.
    your like a dog with a bone. is it because i suggested some here were anti english(regarding wiggins)and you took it on yourself to think i was talking about you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

For a novice like me but a Roche fan what can we expect from him today? And also for the tour overall, is it just a case he'll look after Froome throughout or will he be allowed to go for the odd stage win?

i said i'd like to see roche today, didn't say he wasn't pulling his weight.
    your like a dog with a bone. is it because i suggested some here were anti english(regarding wiggins)and you took it on yourself to think i was talking about you.

Wiggo isn't English anyway ;)

For a novice like me but a Roche fan what can we expect from him today? And also for the tour overall, is it just a case he'll look after Froome throughout or will he be allowed to go for the odd stage win?

the Sky shackles mean nothing but looking after Froome this TdF. Only way he will get a crack at a stage win is if Froome abondons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sep Vanmarcke
    the Sky shackles mean nothing but looking after Froome this TdF. Only way he will get a crack at a stage win is if Froome abondons.

Also Nico hates cobbles, he'd be the one of the last guys from Sky to try for a stage win today.

Yeah? Can't believe they wouldn't let him have a go on at least 1 or 2 stages. I used to loved when he went for it back in his AG2R (unsure of spelling) days when he was team leader.

Plus in the line up of Sky riders where would Nico be placed?? I.e Froome no. 1 Thomas no. 2 etc etc

Yeah? Can't believe they would let him have a go on at least 1 or 2 stages. I used to loved when he went for it back in his AG2R (unsure of spelling) days when he was team leader.

He might be allowed hunt out a mountain stage but I suspect not

Plus in the line up of Sky riders where would Nico be placed?? I.e Froome no. 1 Thomas no. 2 etc etc

It doesn't really work like that but he will be near enough to Froome in a Sky train I'd suspect. Konig and Porte are very strong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Another hour or so before the next pavé section?

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    It doesn't really work like that but he will be near enough to Froome in a Sky train I'd suspect. Konig and Porte are very strong too.

Poels aswell.

As Pudsy says doesn't work like that. I do get the feeling that Porte, Thomas, Koenig & Poels are all regarded in general more than Roche though.

Advertisement