Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Matchplay 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,706 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I really hate MVGs "angry" face-pulling and similar antics on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think its reading too much into it to say Suljovic got to Anderson.
    Seemed to me Anderson just played a typical 'bad Anderson' game, thankfully something that is rarer and rarer, but he's capable of having a nightmare against anyone and everyone.

Great player and whilst his best game is a match for MVG and Taylor, his worst game tend to be far worse than what the other top players are capable of.

No I think the pace of the game ruined him.

He said in his post match interview he spent more time standing around on the oche than he did throwing darts.

Thought he had a better head for those things these days but maybe not.

On a side note MVG is so annoying.
    White let him off a bit tonight, should have had him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

What a game between MvG and White! Thought MvG was gonna leave White in his dust when he finally drew level but White had some fight in him.

Looking forward to Chizzy v Taylor tomorrow, should be a great game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

For those of you looking for stats, this website is by far the best:

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Whoever is doing that whistling should have the lips chopped off them...

Notice how despicable the culprit was made out to be because it was against slysports favorite MVG? Other players have had to put up with it and we hear "Well its all part of the game" :rolleyes:

Fair play to MVG though, didn't seem to flinch at all whenever it happened.
    Kingp35 wrote: »
    For those of you looking for stats, this website is by far the best:

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/

I use their live scores but it doesn't have head 2 head stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Boos for Mensur.. hope he wins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone know the name of that song Sky play before the ad break, Heard it a few times this week

Oh that fire, For you lay that burning down, Carry it higher, Believe it

paulie21 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of that song Sky play before the ad break, Heard it a few times this week

Oh that fire, For you lay that burning down, Carry it higher, Believe it

planet funk - chase the sun is the usual 1, haven't noticed any difference

paulie21 wrote: »

This...

And this...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The Power was awesome tonight.

I believe he can win again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Not much of a test for Taylor tonight. Chisnall is so inconsistent, he seems so fragile when any sort of pressure is put on. Mad to think he had a better average than Taylor yet lost 16-8.

Wade will give Taylor a good game, he's looked very good so far.

Ultimately I think MVG will win it, unfortunately.

mdwexford wrote: »
    The Power was awesome tonight.

I believe he can win again.

lol hardly much of a gamble that, he's not lost in the matchplay for what, 4 years or something? :D

Taylor looked at his best last night(bar few legs here & there), the timing of his scoring and when he hit doubles just crucified Chisnall. I think Chizzy was beat by the 1st break, even though it was only 3-2 to Taylor, Chisnall looked blown away by playing so well and being behind.

I think we'll see a similar sort of scoreline tonight against Wade.

MVG vs Wright should be fun :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Devastator wrote:
    lol hardly much of a gamble that, he's not lost in the matchplay for what, 4 years or something?

His last loss was to Jenkins 8 years ago! What a run that is. I fancy Taylor v Peter Wright final with Peter losing out.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    His last loss was to Jenkins 8 years ago! What a run that is. I fancy Taylor v Peter Wright final with Peter losing out.

8? sh*t!!! The years are merging together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Taylor looking in bother here, 12-10 down and Wade is only getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some darts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Delighted for James could have buckled after the 8 missed darts great night so far

Its nice to hear Wade getting some cheers nowadays, still not to often but better than the boo's that seemed to follow him everywhere. I wasn't sure if they were just cheering him on because they were tired of Suljovic last night but cheers against Taylor too.

I love it when Taylors not in a final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

"♫ He's going home, he's going home, he's going, Taylors going home. ♫

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Devastator wrote: »
    Its nice to hear Wade getting some cheers nowadays, still not to often but better than the boo's that seemed to follow him everywhere. I wasn't sure if they were just cheering him on because they were tired of Suljovic last night but cheers against Taylor too.

I love it when Taylors not in a final :D

At the start though they were a little justified, I always liked him though and always cheer for him, he might have his ups and downs, but he's some player all the same.

• Advertisement

MVG in full command here.. Looks like it'll be him v Wade

Disappointed to see Phil go out earlier. Thought he might pull something back when Wade choked towards the end.

mightyreds wrote: »
    At the start though they were a little justified, I always liked him though and always cheer for him, he might have his ups and downs, but he's some player all the same.

Justified how though? :confused:

Devastator wrote:
    Justified how though?

He comes across as a right arrogant c*** on stage, always angry looking too, but seems to be a likeable guy in interviews. For all the talk about wades mental problems, He has the strongest mental game ever, never seems panicked winning or losing. Hope MvG wins it now, best player by a mile the last 7 months.

I never took him as arrogant on stage, just kind of professional I guess because he doesn't jump about much when hits a max or winning double. Off stage during interviews I always thought he came across as kind of embarrassed, humble yet pretty respectful towards his opponent.

I always kind of wanted to dislike him for the union jack flights though haha

Whereas Taylor for me always came across as an arrogant patronising *bleep* Hate when he applauds an opponent for winning a leg against him(when hes way ahead) or when he bigs up his opponent in the interview after completely destroying him on stage.

Would like to see Wade win it tonight after a tough few years for him but I think MVG will walk it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Would love to see Wade win tonight, can't stand MVG.

Why don't people like MvG or Taylor? The 2 greatest darters ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hated the way wade reacted after beating taylor last ngt..almost apologising with his gestures..fcuk that shiiiit ..too much respect,shoulda got taylor to sign the board since its been 8 years since he last lost on that stage.

A thing Sky forgot to hype up, whoever wins tonight will be the 2nd most successful player in PDC history, both on 8 majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

hated the way wade reacted after beating taylor last ngt..almost apologising with his gestures..fcuk that shiiiit ..too much respect,shoulda got taylor to sign the board since its been 8 years since he last lost on that stage.

Ah now if he did that would you think mr taylor would be happy:D
    No he would never stop complaining about younger guys and there constant lack of respect.

I wish some one would do it and see the reaction:D
    Mvg should try it, very similiar people mvg and taylor both want to be top dog dominate people and keep them quiet and have it there way

Just my opinion dont jump down me throat:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

At a wedding yesterday, raging I missed Taylor losing.

Advertisement