Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Matchplay 2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

paulie21 wrote:
    Barney out. Won't be long before he's gone from the top 16

Thank god for that. The less tournaments we see him in the better, the man has no fight in him atall. Throws in the towel after going a leg or two behind. Never shows up for pro tour or European tour events. He should just pack it in all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Thank god for that. The less tournaments we see him in the better, the man has no fight in him atall. Throws in the towel after going a leg or two behind. Never shows up for pro tour or European tour events. He should just pack it in all together.

So true I totally agree he is gone so depressing to watch on TV better off without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Never shows up for pro tour or European tour events. He should just pack it in all together.

He's getting money for old rope from them though, a perpetual Premier League wildcard and they even picked him for all their World Series Junkets.
    So probably a base salary of around £150K + lots of free holidays before he's even thrown a dart. So why bother with the trivial business of actual competitive darts?
    We were way ahead of the curve when giving him an unmerciful booing in City West last year, pity he seems to be still Mr Popular everywhere else as it probably guarantees him another year of wildcard freebies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Did anyone see Taylors interview before last nights game?
    I'm not sure if it was necessarily aimed towards Barney or maybe just a nod to Barry Hearn for future but he made comment about "keeping competitive and not dropping down the rankings to 50-60." He said he couldn't cope doing that and players like that deserve no place in the PL. He said the PL should be kept for the elite players who are winning tournaments

Devastator wrote:
    Did anyone see Taylors interview before last nights game? I'm not sure if it was necessarily aimed towards Barney or maybe just a nod to Barry Hearn for future but he made comment about "keeping competitive and not dropping down the rankings to 50-60." He said he couldn't cope doing that and players like that deserve no place in the PL. He said the PL should be kept for the elite players who are winning tournaments

Saw that, but I thought he said "15th or 16th" ? Thought it was a dig at barney too getting invited to these events. The fact barney won the PL last year probably guarantees him another few years in it too as well as his massive following. Can't stand watching a man that just doesn't seem interested at the best of times.

• Advertisement

Saw that, but I thought he said "15th or 16th" ? Thought it was a dig at barney too getting invited to these events. The fact barney won the PL last year probably guarantees him another few years in it too as well as his massive following. Can't stand watching a man that just doesn't seem interested at the best of times.

Geez can't a fella exaggerate the figures to fire home a point? :D lol I thought it was 50-60th but very well could have been 15-16th. Still the same principle though.

I've been against Barney for few years now. Really didn't want him in PL for last 2 years but even last(most recent) season he was dire! I think he was close to going out in the 1st relegation and only started playing when his back was firmly against the wall.

Same as last night, he was 8-2 down before he looked interested. I actually thought last night at 8-2 during the ad break to check what odds he was to win(just out of interest) because he can make comebacks and also Hamilton's lost a few big leads in big tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ian White is a great bet to beat Whitlock tonight.

Don't think Whitlock has another 98+ average in him.

If White plays near how he did vs Bunting he wins easily.

Bristow's sounding pished everytime I see him now. I know he's never been the easiest to decipher what hes saying but he seems to be slurring worse than before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Devastator wrote: »
    Bristow's sounding pished everytime I see him now. I know he's never been the easiest to decipher what hes saying but he seems to be slurring worse than before

himself and mardle should be given the boot from commentary,keep bristow for the finish spotting for cameras only

himself and mardle should be given the boot from commentary,keep bristow for the finish spotting for cameras only

I don't think sly have sank that low to put Bristow on commentary have they?

I wouldn't mind if they are both kept as "pundits" because that way they don't ruin a game while its on and you can turn over(make cup of tea) during games instead of listening to them :D

• Advertisement

let's not forget David croft another who should be shown the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Devastator wrote: »
    I don't think sly have sank that low to put Bristow on commentary have they?

Oh they have, plenty of times. He was on for one of the early afternoon games on Saturday or Sunday. I guess they have to get some use out of him before he finds the bar.

John Part is the best they've got. I expect we will here more from him as his career winds down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

crasy dash wrote: »
    let's not forget David croft another who should be shown the door.

I think that's a bit harsh tbh, he's not the worst by a long way.

The problem is Sky more than the commentators. Whoever they are, they will always be pushed towards hype and hyperbole. Actually that sounds like a Jane Austen book doesn't it :)

I think that's a bit harsh tbh, he's not the worst by a long way.

The problem is Sky more than the commentators. Whoever they are, they will always be pushed towards hype and hyperbole. Actually that sounds like a Jane Austen book doesn't it :)

I don't know he was on with mardle on Sunday right at the start now that was a bad combination.

Agree with you about Part easily the best man they have, really provides an insight into the game from a darts players view.

Beats Bristow rambling on about Blackpool being known as the Las Vegas of the north.

Wright below par tonight gilding creeping back into the game

John Part and Chris Mason would be the perfect commentary team. Plenty insight, well spoken and no outrageous hype.

mdwexford wrote:
    If White plays near how he did vs Bunting he wins easily.

I got White eachway at 50/1 ha. Wishfull thinking but he's a deadly player. Also had Smith and Snakebite. All eachway.

Wow. MvG.. Poor Jamie looks baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Jamie is still throwing a 97 average. The difference is Van Gerwen is taking out 2 darters for fun. Hopefully this wont destroy Lewis confidence for future tournaments

Ya Lewis took it well. Didn't drop the head at all. We just talking about Barney earlier, That's how a professional should act Ray.

Good start to the lewis price match

• Advertisement

Jackpot looks rattled he better keep his head:D

Great performance from price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Where the fcuk did this geezer come out of.

Surely he can't keep this up.

What a performance the man has bottle as well kept aido at bay

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is this a Busmans Holiday thing? Does Aidy get to play in the front row for the Welsh rugby team next week?

Could we have a Gerwen v Gerwyn semi final. Serious darts. Sky will love this "sportsman" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

price is hardly a new player lads
    does well on the pro tour

sc86 wrote:
    price is hardly a new player lads does well on the pro tour

No but he is new to TV darts, his first ever win on tv this week, and to be averaging 110 after 12 legs, wow. 3 quater final debutants this year which is good to see. Keegan could make it 4 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Ian Whites moved to the top of my favourite athletes...hope he progresses more in TV tournaments...no particular reasonicon12.png

• Advertisement

Oh they have, plenty of times. He was on for one of the early afternoon games on Saturday or Sunday. I guess they have to get some use out of him before he finds the bar.

John Part is the best they've got. I expect we will here more from him as his career winds down.
    John Part and Chris Mason would be the perfect commentary team. Plenty insight, well spoken and no outrageous hype.

Aye I do remember Bristow on a very few times at previous tournaments but it was usually only the 1st match and I always thought it was because someone else was running late....but as you said it could be get him on before he hits the bar! Would be great to hear Part & Mason on together, Harrington isn't actually so bad either(when compared to mardle anyone is great!). I miss John Gywnn, he was great and didn't subject himself to skys hype.
    No but he is new to TV darts, his first ever win on tv this week, and to be averaging 110 after 12 legs, wow. 3 quater final debutants this year which is good to see. Keegan could make it 4 tonight.

Was that his 1st win? :eek: I know I've seen him a few times but that last night was an awesome performance from Gerwyn Price and he didn't fall for Aidy's games and even played them back at him which really seemed to finish lewis. I think lewis went into that match with no respect for price...I'm sure hes woke up with a lot more respect for him today.
    GK1001 wrote: »
    Ian Whites moved to the top of my favourite athletes...hope he progresses more in TV tournaments...no particular reason

11229544_856639221050153_1243993943875261236_n.png?oh=f84dc43c825480783e0b6a8118166763&oe=56177B8C

? :D

Advertisement