Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

I was told during the 16pf interview that the questions in the line manager interview would be based on the same scenarios given earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lynchd12

Anyone know if you'll hear anything after the line manager interview and before the medical? Or will you hear it altogether after the medical. Did my line manager interview today. Just wondering will it be radio silence until I do the medical next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

lynchd12 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you'll hear anything after the line manager interview and before the medical? Or will you hear it altogether after the medical. Did my line manager interview today. Just wondering will it be radio silence until I do the medical next week.

You should get an email requesting two references

I received an email requesting references before my medical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

I received an email requesting references before my medical.

Wow? cool!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Gerrykelly56

Does anyone have an idea how or when the references will be used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

As far as I know they don't ring the references atall.. When is applied for my job they never rang my references, requested them but never rang them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

Anyone here from Cork ? Rumour has it some train host and platform jobs will be available soon... Just wondering if ye heard or know anything?

I'm a limerick man desperate to get appointed off the gates #****Craic

Arsenal11 wrote: »
    As far as I know they don't ring the references atall.. When is applied for my job they never rang my references, requested them but never rang them

Sent in my references yesterday and they contacted them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

How did you all fine the Line Manager interview??

I had mine Friday, medical tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I thought it went OK, they were nice, and easy to talk to, I was a bit nervous beforehand but grand once it started, have medical on tues

I've my medical thursday. Do you think we're in the running for the class being formed for may/june? I heard the april class was formed and full already. But if we were being lined up for the september class surely our medicals would be out of date by then, having done them this week?

Or what are other peoples theories?

I haven't a breeze, I'm afraid to count me chickens just yet, until I'm in a classroom I haven't got any job!
    I'd love to know how many people progressed from phase 1.I asked at my line Manager Interview but they keep thier cards close to thier chest.

Yeah all I have is some facts mixed with some rumours. It would be just nice to know how close we are. The only reason I know the april class is full is because I asked a question about it specifically so they almost had to tell me. Otherwise I'd probably still think i was in the running for that class!

Part of me thinks, whoever is doing a medical and passes then surely has a place on the panel that they choose from, why would you send someone for a medical of you werent happy with thier testing and interviews but the other part of me is is still waiting to be given a spot in a classroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Part of me thinks, whoever is doing a medical and passes then surely has a place on the panel that they choose from, why would you send someone for a medical of you werent happy with thier testing and interviews but the other part of me is is still waiting to be given a spot in a classroom

pretty much my experience of any role, medical was the last hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DevoteeDM

Hi - does anyone know what the medical entails? I’m worried my eyesight may let me down. I wear glasses all the time and my eyesight is fine then, but without glasses I’m half blind! ��

I think glasses are allowed,, google train driver eye test

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Yeah all I have is some facts mixed with some rumours. It would be just nice to know how close we are. The only reason I know the april class is full is because I asked a question about it specifically so they almost had to tell me. Otherwise I'd probably still think i was in the running for that class!

Yeah I asked the same question, I think it’s a case of waiting on the panel if successful for the June or September class or even beyond. I can’t remember what type of trains these classes were for, I remember asking but forget the answer!

I think it was DART but not sure, the impression I got from them was it would be next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've my medical thursday. Do you think we're in the running for the class being formed for may/june? I heard the april class was formed and full already. But if we were being lined up for the september class surely our medicals would be out of date by then, having done them this week?

AFAIK, medicals are valid for 2 years.

Theres a medical upon completion of the driving course too (well, the last few weeks before you pass out) and then, depending on age/medical history it can be anything between 1-5 years before you're called again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LocoMoto

Yeah I asked the same question, I think it’s a case of waiting on the panel if successful for the June or September class or even beyond. I can’t remember what type of trains these classes were for, I remember asking but forget the answer!

I believe they are planning DMU course in June and DART in September, then a course for regional depots later in the year. They said subject to change with COVID though so I gathered that might mean those course dates will slip.

Good luck to everyone still in process - have medical this week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

DevoteeDM wrote: »
    Hi - does anyone know what the medical entails? I’m worried my eyesight may let me down. I wear glasses all the time and my eyesight is fine then, but without glasses I’m half blind! ��

You'll be fine, plenty of the drivers wear glasses. For anyone who needs glasses it's part of the essential gear in the drivers bag to have a second pair in your bag at all times when driving.

The medical is a pin prick blood test for cholesterol, iron, liver function etc weight, height, blood pressure, questions on medical history, eye test and hearing test. Doesn't take long.

Hi Everybody,

I got a reference request this morning, from two previous employers ( I can get from my current employment) but previous employment was 10 years ago, they wouldn’t have record or remember me since then. Did anybody else have this problem? I have emailed this morning asking if I can get two references from my current employment but different people...any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LocoMoto

The medical is a pin prick blood test for cholesterol, iron, liver function etc weight, height, blood pressure, questions on medical history, eye test and hearing test. Doesn't take long.

Thanks. Are you told the result of the medical on the day or do the results get sent to Irish Rail?

LocoMoto wrote: »
    Thanks. Are you told the result of the medical on the day or do the results get sent to Irish Rail?

I had my medical and they give you all results on the day. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I think your medical is good for 6 months. Not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

DevoteeDM wrote: »

If you normally wear glasses then wear them for test. .

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

Thanks for that

Advertisement