Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RM120919

Hi there, I've been following along this thread - very helpful! I had my line manager interview on the 19th of March and my medical yesterday morning, the 29th. I was told i passed the medical but haven't been contacted for references - should i take this as a bad sign or am i just over analysing? Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lynchd12

No too sure. I did my interview on a thursday and got asked for the references first thing on the friday. It's hard to predict or interpret what they're doing as most of us here are candidates like you rather than people who've successfully made it through previously. I'm not sure they would have let you go for the medical if you had been unsuccessful at the interview. Seems a waste of time. Maybe you just didnt score super high after the interview but are still 'through'. Just my guess. I have nothing to back that up!

That said. Have you checked your junk folder ? Fingers crossed you just missed the email!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

RM120919 wrote: »
    Hi there, I've been following along this thread - very helpful! I had my line manager interview on the 19th of March and my medical yesterday morning, the 29th. I was told i passed the medical but haven't been contacted for references - should i take this as a bad sign or am i just over analysing? Best of luck to everyone!

Hi there, Defintly check your folders and double check. The email was from “Driver Recruitment” and no a HR member.
    I done mine last Friday, and 9am Monday I received the email.
    I hope you get it,

I've triple checked and checked again, but unfortunately there is nothing there!
    Thanks anyways - hopefully theres a delay, i'll keep my fingers crossed for a little while longer!

I've triple checked and checked again, but unfortunately there is nothing there!
    Thanks anyways - hopefully theres a delay, i'll keep my fingers crossed for a little while longer!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, don’t loose hope x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 andybar

Debs86 wrote: »
    Hi Everybody,

I got a reference request this morning, from two previous employers ( I can get from my current employment) but previous employment was 10 years ago, they wouldn’t have record or remember me since then. Did anybody else have this problem? I have emailed this morning asking if I can get two references from my current employment but different people...any advise?

Just seen this post, sorry for the late response. This is totally fine, I found myself in the same position but just sent 2 in from the same job from 2 different management members and I was lucky enough to be offered a role as a DART driver.

andybar wrote: »
    Just seen this post, sorry for the late response. This is totally fine, I found myself in the same position but just sent 2 in from the same job from 2 different management members and I was lucky enough to be offered a role as a DART driver.

Thanks for your reply, I sent in two from different managers I have worked under so I’m sure that will be fine. Good to know it was ok for you, just waiting now to see if I get the offer like a lot of us here, thanks again :-)

How is everybody doing, has anybody heard anything back yet about an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

How is everybody doing, has anybody heard anything back yet about an offer?

Nothing yet

No I haven't heard anything either

• Advertisement

Hi there, anyone heard anything back yet?

Hi there, anyone heard anything back yet?

Still radio silence at the moment

Still radio silence at the moment

I’ve heard Nothing yet either

Hopefully soon - maybe this week! Would be nice to know either way at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

Has anyone on here who has applied for the CSO job heard anything back about interviews.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I've followed this thread for a long time and to be honest I always cringed reading...

You know nothing about the poster or the circumstances/story behind why they were not hired -- please read the charter, before posting again. The second half of your post is seen as playing the man and not the ball.

Ie it's fine to deal with what somebody has said, you can rip that apart if you want while being civil. But you're not allowed to attack the poster as a person or speculate on them.

Everybody -- can we please keep it civil on here and not get into person digs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daverafferty

I don't think Lincoln Lawyers response can be viewed as a personal attack on prinzeugen at all , Prinzeugen was being advised on factual and actual real time training and real time up to date information on whats actually going on on the ground by some people here who ,not only have the experience but they have the actual job , yet when faced with the actual facts of whats going on prinzeugen repeatedly used aggressive phrasing and caps such as............. "YOUR WRONG' ...... 'I REPEAT NO ONE WILL BE TRAINED ON LOCOS" " IF YOU WORKED THERE YOU WOULD KNOW " .......in my opinion this is neither helpful or more importantly correct information being given out on a forum designed to help people ???? or am i missing something???

there was a lot of other absolute nonsense and fantasy stuff which was misleading to potential drivers here on this forum and also not very helpful at all leading to confusion to those who have no rail experience , he was trying to come across with "insider information" under the pretence of helping people with realtime & up to date information which in stark reality & all honesty was nothing short of hilarious and wrong information and a lot of people were PM each other to have to clarify some of the nonsense he would post as "FACT", doesn't this defeat the purpose of forums like this , if someone is misleading others with "bull****" surely its within the bounds of fairness and justice to be called out for it especially as Prinzeugen seemed to delight in "misleading " people on any or all postings relating to driver training and in reality is in no position or holds no knowledge or basis to be advisory in any capacity on Driver Training. I found it hilarious myself and was a driver for 15 yrs and have 24 yrs rail realtime experience , yet this seemed to hold no weight with the knowledge of the said poster .....these forums should be in the spirit of helping people and advising people going through the process with up to date and accurate information , not be populated with wrong & ill informed, aggressive nonsense from someone with absolute zero knowledge of rail operations. if my post goes against this forum standards feel free to censor me too.

I don't think Lincoln Lawyers response can be viewed as a personal attack on prinzeugen at all , Prinzeugen was being advised on factual and actual real time training and real time up to date information on whats actually going on on the ground by some people here who ,not only have the experience but they have the actual job , yet when faced with the actual facts of whats going on prinzeugen repeatedly used aggressive phrasing and caps such as............. "YOUR WRONG' ...... 'I REPEAT NO ONE WILL BE TRAINED ON LOCOS" " IF YOU WORKED THERE YOU WOULD KNOW " .......in my opinion this is neither helpful or more importantly correct information being given out on a forum designed to help people ???? or am i missing something???

there was a lot of other absolute nonsense and fantasy stuff which was misleading to potential drivers here on this forum and also not very helpful at all leading to confusion to those who have no rail experience , he was trying to come across with "insider information" under the pretence of helping people with realtime & up to date information which in stark reality & all honesty was nothing short of hilarious and wrong information and a lot of people were PM each other to have to clarify some of the nonsense he would post as "FACT", doesn't this defeat the purpose of forums like this , if someone is misleading others with "bull****" surely its within the bounds of fairness and justice to be called out for it especially as Prinzeugen seemed to delight in "misleading " people on any or all postings relating to driver training and in reality is in no position or holds no knowledge or basis to be advisory in any capacity on Driver Training. I found it hilarious myself and was a driver for 15 yrs and have 24 yrs rail realtime experience , yet this seemed to hold no weight with the knowledge of the said poster .....these forums should be in the spirit of helping people and advising people going through the process with up to date and accurate information , not be populated with wrong & ill informed, aggressive nonsense from someone with absolute zero knowledge of rail operations. if my post goes against this forum standards feel free to censor me too.

1. Please don’t reply to moderation in-thread again.

2. Lincoln Lawyer’s post was edited and the personal attack was removed. Saying he is wrong on different points is fine.

— moderator

Please get back to the topic. And no more replying to moderation, thank you.

— moderator

• Advertisement

Anyone got any updates or is everyone still getting radio silence?

Radio silence for me anyway. Last I heard I passed the medical and then nothing but tumbleweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 NewUser1998

Haven’t heard anything either, thought they said 2-3 weeks but it’s nearly a month since my interview now

Haven’t heard anything either, thought they said 2-3 weeks but it’s nearly a month since my interview now

No news yet... I done my interview on 26th March amd they said I should hear by 9th April the latest, but least we are all waiting so no updates just yet. Did you all get requests to provide references etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

How is the situation now?

uiolfg wrote: »
    How is the situation now?

Still the same for me

Hi all, am I right in remembering there was a class going ahead in June? If so hopefully that means we will find out this week

Hi all, am I right in remembering there was a class going ahead in June? If so hopefully that means we will find out this week

fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

One for in house staff..

There is train host jobs in cork on the circular this week..

Anyone know how many jobs are actually available? And what the roster in cork is like?

All help much appreciated ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Sounds like one position.

Advertisement