Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

ya, mine's been queued for final assessment for over a month.

if it's going to be rejected - it would be nice to have more time to appeal/rectify the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

SameHorse wrote: »
    ya, mine's been queued for final assessment for over a month.

if it's going to be rejected - it would be nice to have more time to appeal/rectify the situation.
    Hildred wrote: »
    Don't think so, although I wish it were true! I'm a mature student who has previously done a PLC and an ineligible course thus my three applications. Going on now to third level and have applied since 13/5 . . . My tracker is saying "Queued for Final Assessment" -- not even that it's being assessed, just that it's queued!! :( :mad: :(

Ahh, that's what's going to be the problem. I did Level 5 + 6 for the past two years, and even though I wasn't funded by SUSI for it, they expect a five year break from now. Check the years you done all the courses. Sounds like they might have a problem with the unapproved course as well. Unless you paid for it yourself. Makes you kind of think they don't give a straight answer half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

AKeenan348 wrote: »
    Ahh, that's what's going to be the problem. I did Level 5 + 6 for the past two years, and even though I wasn't funded by SUSI for it, they expect a five year break from now. Check the years you done all the courses. Sounds like they might have a problem with the unapproved course as well. Unless you paid for it yourself. Makes you kind of think they don't give a straight answer half the time.

There's no problem with either course afaik. The first one was approved and Level 6 and I didn't complete it. The second was part time, not rated under NFQ and thus both negligible and ineligible. Accordingly, I have applied for a grant as a progression and "may be eligible" via the eligibility reckoner so, whatever the problem may be, it's not an issue with the ineligible (not unapproved - approval was unnecessary as it didn't meet eligibility criteria for a grant) course. It'll certainly be interesting to see what they come back with, if they ever do! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How long till they get back to you?? applied a while ago and have heard nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

This whole waiting game is tough. My application has been 'queued for final assessment' since July 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭compo1

This whole waiting game is tough. My application has been 'queued for final assessment' since July 6th

Mine has been that way since June 23rd. They even told me by phone that all required documents had been received. I got a letter today saying they want more details, two items which I'd already sent and one which they told me wasn't necessary. My Tracker still says "queued for final assessment"
    Seems SUSI is following previous form by driving us all mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jaydow15

compo1 wrote: »
    Mine has been that way since June 23rd. They even told me by phone that all required documents had been received. I got a letter today saying they want more details, two items which I'd already sent and one which they told me wasn't necessary. My Tracker still says "queued for final assessment"

Oh dont talk to me about susi :( utter incompetence!!!

I rang them today about this. The girl told me the rules have been changed but she didn't explain how, despite my asking. I just spent €20 getting one document that I was told five weeks ago wasn't needed.
    CLOWNS!

How long till they get back to you?? applied a while ago and have heard nothing?

I read someplace (can't remember where) that the whole process can take up to 12 weeks and my experience on two occasions has been near enough that.

I made contact with SUSI via email two days ago after my tracker went on strike on June 24th on "queued for final assessment," having been given the brush off from one of the Facebook support team. I did a wee wobbly in the email cos the exact same thing happened earlier in this year's process and in last year's as well. I got an email back from them today saying I was "Awarded" the grant. That's 14 days shy of the 12 weeks since I applied on May 13th. (Yay! I'm going to college!! :D )

If there seems to be a delay in getting any updates I suggest emailing the support team for info. The email addy is on your grantsonline tracker page.

Good luck! ;)

From current and past personal experience, don't trust your tracker. :rolleyes: I've had the same "Queued . . ." message since June 24th. Mine has frozen/gone on strike/crashed/refused to update several times in my application this year and last. I questioned it in a Facebook pm and was condescendingly shined on, but emailed the other day and got a favourable response. Tracker is still saying "Queued blah blah blah!" :confused:

Maybe a phone call or an email might get better clarity for you . . . and quicker.

Galluck! ;)

Sorry, just saw your follow up post after posting this so edited it! They really are incompetent, aren't they? I know they're mental busy, etc., etc., but bloody 'ell a small bit more attention to detail wouldn't go amiss, any more than a bit of ICT monitoring of the crappy tracking system would!

I hope all goes well for you with the 2nd lot of documentation.

• Advertisement

Ah lads these guys are having a laugh. I first applied early June and got a letter at the end of June requesting documents to prove I lived in Ireland 3 of the last 5 years so I sent a utility bill for each of the years. Now its early August and I got a letter in today saying again they want proof of residence in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years. What the hell like

And now all of a sudden they want evidence of previous education that they didn't ask for before.

And there was me thinking it was going to be an acceptance letter. Back to the bottom of the queue I go

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jaydow15

Same thing goin on with me. I havent a utility bill so they want 36 months of bank statements from me. The bank said it will cost €3 per sheet so it will cost a few hundred euro. I applied the 24th april. Sent the requested forms back in early june. Can never get talking to the same person on the phone and have constantly been give wrong or missleading information from them. Lodged a formal complaint with the last friday and have been told that it will take several weeks for the outcome of that!!

do the Universities/Colleges expect the 3k student contribution straight away or can they wait until SUSI approves or totally/ultimately rejects an application ?

the slow pace and going back and forth with data requests and the like I can totally live with so long as I'm not expected to pull 3k out of my hole in the meantime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

SameHorse wrote: »
    do the Universities/Colleges expect the 3k student contribution straight away or can they wait until SUSI approves or totally/ultimately rejects an application ?

the slow pace and going back and forth with data requests and the like I can totally live with so long as I'm not expected to pull 3k out of my hole in the meantime...

UCD don't expect you to pay the contribution charge if you're still waiting on SUSI to get their arse in gear, just the student centre levy (or part thereof). I'd be confident other institutions work the same way. You can see it here, the fourth entry down in the list.

As for my own application, I was asked for evidence of my previous third level education despite telling them I haven't attended third level before. One of their reps on FB has told me it was a mistake and to ignore it, but I can't help but think there'll be some sort of future muddle over it.

Cheers Dair,
    that's what I thought ... worth keeping that fact in mind before we get too stressed about it....

Anyway, checked my account/application on the SUSI website again

Current Status: Awarded.

Praise Jesus!

Nice one, congrats!

cheers Dair. best of luck to you too ... it's slow and they're a bit all over the place... but if you're eligible you pretty much have to get it, and since the institutions will wait on SUSI there's not much need to get too stressed over delays at least...

now, fingers crossed the BTEA comes through ... and then the next time I'll need to worry beyond that is the first exams : )

Hildred wrote: »
    From current and past personal experience, don't trust your tracker. :rolleyes: I've had the same "Queued . . ." message since June 24th. Mine has frozen/gone on strike/crashed/refused to update several times in my application this year and last. I questioned it in a Facebook pm and was condescendingly shined on, but emailed the other day and got a favourable response. Tracker is still saying "Queued blah blah blah!" :confused:

Maybe a phone call or an email might get better clarity for you . . . and quicker.

Galluck! ;)

Sorry, just saw your follow up post after posting this so edited it! They really are incompetent, aren't they? I know they're mental busy, etc., etc., but bloody 'ell a small bit more attention to detail wouldn't go amiss, any more than a bit of ICT monitoring of the crappy tracking system would!

I hope all goes well for you with the 2nd lot of documentation.
    Had to send the documentation by Express Post; €6!!! I phoned today; it arrived on time; they only gave me 12 days; and the girl said that they've got all they need. They also updated the online tracker, but I got a screengrab of it some weeks back in case of dispute. Asked how long it would take for a decision but the girl said it was impossible to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Had to call them on Monday after emailing them twice in the last 6 weeks to no avail as my tracker was stuck on pending final assessment since the 18th of June, only to be told they need more info.

I asked what info they needed and the man on the phone said they needed more proof of private renting and proof of residence in Ireland. I said to him I've already submitted this info and he put me on hold to check.

Came back and said I did provide proof of private renting but I need to provide another year proof of residence in Ireland even after me submitting 5 years worth of P21 documents. Then he asks me for a document stating when I did my leaving cert which has been provided in my documents already but is from 2008 which is outside of the 5 year period they want it for.

He says I can only submit a p60 as proof and after my arguing with him says I can then provide a bank statement as proof. How a bank statement is proof of residency is beyond me but I agreed and ended the call.

Received a call back a few moments later from the same person saying hes gone through my docs and found a FETAC level 5 award from 2010 which apparently they will accept as proof of residence in Ireland.

An absolute joke that I had to go through all that stress and waiting since the 18th of June, only to be told that they actually do have all the info they need.

Online tracker was updated on the 10th of August saying more info needed and then again on the 12th saying docs received and pending final assessment once more.

If I've no reply in another week I'm calling again cause that seems to be the only way I get any information and help from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭AngryLips

My gripe is that on the initial request for documentation they asked I prove I was resident here by submitting proof of residence for three of the last five years. They subsequently said that it needs to be three consequtive years. They then said that for 2015, it wasn't enough I provide proof of residence in the form of a utility bill for one month but that I needed to provide utility bills covering two consequtive months for the year 2015. Of course, neither of those two requirements were outlined in the original request they sent me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

My cousin bought his gaff with his missus about two years ago after living with his folks to save for it, he applied and got rejected as you need to be own the house for 3 years to count as non dependant.

That in my opinion is mental, oh you own your own house for two years? nah not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

My application is still stuck on "Application submitted and queued for personal assessment" since the 29th of June :/ is that too long?

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    My application is still stuck on "Application submitted and queued for personal assessment" since the 29th of June :/ is that too long?
    Yes. Phone them and find out what's happening.

I sent them my bin collection utility bill which is a quarterly bill but apparently they "don't accept waste disposal bills"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

My application's been sitting in final assessment since July 15th, so I rang them today to see what the story was. Woman on the phone told me there was nothing she could do as everything I submitted was with the assessors and that all I can do is just wait. Dunno if I should bother calling back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

Mine is queued since June 9th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

maude6868 wrote: »
    Mine is queued since June 9th.

Mine is around then too. I called to ask and they just said I'd have a decision before the colleges go back :rolleyes:.

When in the queue for final assessment, can they still request new documentation at this point?

Dair76 wrote: »
    When in the queue for final assessment, can they still request new documentation at this point?
    They did for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Can anyone tell me why they reckon a Rental Agreement would be refused? :(

Advertisement