Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Dublin October 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dancingchicken

Not me I was going for Mendes lol. I don't support fighters just because they live near me, Aldo is my favourite featherweight. I was hoping Pendred would lose the other night, I find his style so boring, he's desperate for takedowns. I wish Irish people didn't support fighters like that, we're like guaranteed 1 less good fight at every event he's on. Irish card is gonna suck :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Not me I was going for Mendes lol. I don't support fighters just because they live near me, Aldo is my favourite featherweight. I was hoping Pendred would lose the other night, I find his style so boring, he's desperate for takedowns. I wish Irish people didn't support fighters like that, we're like guaranteed 1 less good fight at every event he's on. Irish card is gonna suck :/

You're seriously missing out. I love watching fights, but when it's a fellow countryman it's just miles better. The tension I felt during the McGregor fight was something else, as was the ecstasy of his victory.

Are there any other names in the mix to headline besides Conor?

Does it need to be an Irish fighter? If theres an Irish person headlining and McGregors not even on the card its gonna be very weak. I'd like to see Diego Sanchez as main event, he's always entertaining.

stephenl15 wrote:
    Still going. It's taking place down the road for a lot of people. Why wouldn't you go. I don't agree with that at all. Just cos they're not already champions doesn't make them crappy. Are you saying Paddy Holohan is crappy?

I'm not going unless theres decent fighters on the card. If this sells out again with their crappiest fighters (again) then they will never bring their top fighters to ireland. I'm not supporting that.
    *Hooligan is fun to watch I like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gunni v Maia is the main event at the moment as afr as I know

• Advertisement

Did you miss his spectacle against Howard??

Typical Pendred performance. I was saying it before he was even in UFC that I hope they don't sign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

we'll probably also get
    Pendred
    Daly
    Holohan
    Duffy
    Amirkhani
    Latifi

Eddie Gordon wants to get on this card

We'll not get anyone inside top 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Is Manuwa recovered? If so he'd be realistic, and hes due a top 10 lhw.

brinty wrote:
    Gunni v Maia is the main event at the moment as afr as I know

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Presumably this will be in the 3arena again? Without McGregor there's no point in putting this in a stadium I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

.ak wrote: »
    Presumably this will be in the 3arena again? Without McGregor there's no point in putting this in a stadium I take it?
    Yeah its confirmed for the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Woulkd love to see Arnie Allen, Tom Breese, Eddie Wineland and Joe Lauzon on the Dublin card.

Gunni-Maia would be a winnable big name fight, but I could see it being very boring. Sounds like it was plucked from thin air though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Gunni-Maia would be a winnable big name fight, but I could see it being very boring. Sounds like it was plucked from thin air though.

I have heard it talked about as soon as Gunni signed in the UFC. Both are considered two of the the best BJJ grapplers in the the organisation.

In my opinion the top three are.

1.)Jacare
    2.)Maia
    3.)Nelson.

From a grappling perspective I cannot wait to see that fight. Would be great to see the ground exchanges between these two masters.

It would, but would there be a chance that both guys kind of cancel each other out and end up standing? In that case you'd give Nelson a great chance but I'd expect it to be boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone got approximate ticket prices? And how difficult would it be to get tickets? This will hopefully be my first UFC event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well last years price ranges were:

€50
    €100
    €125
    €150
    €175

Will be similar I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

It would, but would there be a chance that both guys kind of cancel each other out and end up standing? In that case you'd give Nelson a great chance but I'd expect it to be boring.

I certainly hope not , but it might happen. I will be interesting to see if Gunni will follow him to the floor. I am guessing he would , as he is there to test himself against the best. That's the vibe I get off him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Gunni is probably better as far as MMA goes, tbh. There's no Gi here and he has one of the best top games in the world. Maia isn't exactly gonna pull guard. Might look for the back from standing though because he'll not take him down either. His striking isn't on the same level so I think it could look similar to the Thatch fight, but it'll go on longer on the ground.

He won't pass his guard like butter like he did last weekend. Although, if he hurts him standing, the guard tend to melt like butter left out too long anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I know they're to be ignored. However, the amount of disappointed lunatics commenting on Facebook about Conor not fighting in Dublin is nothing short of outrageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Richy06 wrote: »
    Gunni is probably better as far as MMA goes, tbh. There's no Gi here and he has one of the best top games in the world. Maia isn't exactly gonna pull guard. Might look for the back from standing though because he'll not take him down either. His striking isn't on the same level so I think it could look similar to the Thatch fight, but it'll go on longer on the ground.

He won't pass his guard like butter like he did last weekend. Although, if he hurts him standing, the guard tend to melt like butter left out too long anyway.

I'd rather see him go in against someone he can more easily dominate on the ground. I could see him winning against Brown or Saffediene before Maia. Don't get me wrong, IMO he beats all 3 but Maia is the toughest fight for him. It would be an absolute pleasure to watch though from a grappling fans perspective.

What's Saffedienes status at the mo? Is he matched up with anyone at the moment?? He'd be a good bet to headline Dublin opposite Nelson actually. Two ranked European welterweights headlining a European card.

Gunnar vs Tarec is a good shout.

Just watched a few of Joseph Duffy's fights, that guy is a beast. I thought people were only saying he's good because he's Irish but wow he's a complete animal. Blackbelt in TKD, blackbelt in Japanese Jiu Jitsu and he's got power too. Can't wait for tomorrow night now!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Just watched a few of Joseph Duffy's fights, that guy is a beast. I thought people were only saying he's good because he's Irish but wow he's a complete animal. Blackbelt in TKD, blackbelt in Japanese Jiu Jitsu and he's got power too. Can't wait for tomorrow night now!

And an excellent boxer too. Lovely fella aswell; very down to earth and easy to talk too. Yeah I hope he puts on a display and gets a nice billing in Dublin as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I think with bisping winding down and wanting to move back to the uk

He could certainly headline dublin

Gunner co main

Duffy 3rd last and paddy hoolhan opening

Bisping v Mousasi? 2 well known Europeans. Problem is that Mike might want a longer break.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sorry but I'm kinda sick of Bisping headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm kinda sick of Bisping headlining.

I know how ya feel BUT I'd love to see Bisping vs Hendo/Vitor headline

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Bisping fighting Vitor/Henderson/Machida/Mousasi
    Gunni fighting Maia/Wonderboy/Saffiedine/Kim
    Duffy fighting Poirier or someone on the verge of breaking the top 15

That would be a brilliant (probably asking too much) top three fights on the Dublin card. Gunni and Duffy will probably main and co-main though.

Paddy and Pendred rounding out the main card and it's a very solid main card for a fight night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Probably been asked before I'm sure but when do tickets go on sale?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement