Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Dublin October 24th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Does anyone remember how much the VIP packages were last year?

€590, €850 and €1250 (Roughly) if memory serves me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

So the presale on 2nd Sept is for Sun+ and Fightclub members

Is there any presale for 3 customers or is that only on music gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

€590, €850 and €1250 (Roughly) if memory serves me right.

Thanks, you hardly know what it entitled them to. I'm thinking of going all out on this one

maximoose wrote: »
    So the presale on 2nd Sept is for Sun+ and Fightclub members

Is there any presale for 3 customers or is that only on music gigs?

Probably for the Thursday morning. Presale on Wednesday and general sale on Friday, so probably a few hundred tickets for 3 customers on Thursday.
    Thanks, you hardly know what it entitled them to. I'm thinking of going all out on this one

From the 42.ie last year:

'1 Premium VVIP Octagon side floor seat in exclusive Owners VIP & celebrity guest section
    Private VIP entrance to 02, open 30 minutes prior to general admission
    Exclusive ‘Inside The Octagon’ tour with UFC guest fighter & championship belt
    Exclusive VVIP hospitality area adjacent to the O2
    UFC celebrity guest fighter appearance - meet & greet with photo opportunity
    1 official limited edition UFC Fight Night Dublin event poster signed by UFC fighters on the card
    1 UFC 20th anniversary DVD ‘Fighting For a Generation’
    1 official limited edition UFC Fight Night Dublin event t-shirt
    1 pair of official UFC fight gloves
    1 official event program
    Commemorative UFC VVIP experience badge
    Reserved premium seat for the official UFC weigh-in on Friday
    Reserved seat for the UFC guest fighter Q&A on Friday
    Cloakroom service'.

Hope so. I imagine trying to get tickets in general sale while on the way to Electric Picnic might be a bit stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

What kind of legal hoops would have to be jumped through in order for a Dublin event to take place within the US market PPV time slot. Is hosting an event in Dublin in the early hours of the morning, whether that be the 3 Arena or Croke Park, simply not possible? This is a question i have always been curious about.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Couldn't see Croke Park residents for all their moaning ever allowing a show go into the early hours of the morning, the 3Arena mabe if Enda & co pulled a few strings in the Dail

Conor just said on the media press call in the last hour that he wants to be a part of the card, that if the UFC roll into his hometown he wants to be in on it....cant see it myself tbh

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Couldn't see Croke Park residents for all their moaning ever allowing a show go into the early hours of the morning, the 3Arena mabe if Enda & co pulled a few strings in the Dail

Although the residents would be up in arms, my understanding is sporting events don't come under the big event banner agreed with the residents association. Licensing laws wouldn't allow an event that late, but the residents would be no legal obstacle.

Like you though I can't see it. With recent changes to planning laws after the Garth saga, I can't see it being revisited by the Dail to accommodate an event like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Conor just said on the media press call in the last hour that he wants to be a part of the card, that if the UFC roll into his hometown he wants to be in on it....cant see it myself tbh

Only chance of him being on it is if he loses to Mendes, so hopefully he won't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What kind of legal hoops would have to be jumped through in order for a Dublin event to take place within the US market PPV time slot. Is hosting an event in Dublin in the early hours of the morning, whether that be the 3 Arena or Croke Park, simply not possible? This is a question i have always been curious about.

There isn't a hope in hell of an outdoor event being licensed if it will be running at a time to suit the US audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Duffy V McGregor at 155 in Dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Yurt wrote: »
    Duffy V McGregor at 155 in Dublin :)

Only happens if Mcgregor loses badly to Mendes, which I don't think anyone sees happening. Duffy is a weight class above and a minimum of 3 fights away from McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Duffy v Amirkhani would be a bloody great fight as the main event!!!

Hate to say it but I think the card will be a huge let down for us all.

I'll be there with bells and whistles but i'm starting with very low expectations so anything else is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

I hope we finally get a Heavyweight fight on this show, neither the 2009 show or last years show had one so I'm hoping it'll be third time lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Any talk of prices yet ??

I think the sun+ pre sale could be a sneaky one to get tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Couldn't be much more than they were last summer so €175 for ringside that's not VIP at the top end of the scale.
    FC is still possibly your best bet for purchasing tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wasn't Mendes vs Lamas on early in the morning stateside? Think it was about 3pm our time.

I wonder if they were using that time slot as a tester for viewership figures for the long run. An event in Croker would be on at around 10am in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wasn't Mendes vs Lamas on early in the morning stateside? Think it was about 3pm our time.

I wonder if they were using that time slot as a tester for viewership figures for the long run. An event in Croker would be on at around 10am in the US.
    There's a huge difference between a fight night and a PPV card ion that regard.
    Night nights have been at times of the day over the years. The one time they tried a PPV on european time, it was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

but1er wrote: »
    Any talk of prices yet ??

I think the sun+ pre sale could be a sneaky one to get tickets!

I'd be careful going The Sun route mate. By all accounts they made a complete and utter mess of the Glasgow pre-sale. Plenty of people were left without their code and missed out. Probably worth shelling out for Fight Club for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Petermc83

i wouldn't even give that paper the time of that... Total Trash!!!!!

• Advertisement

The Sun is complete trash, no disputing that - but 3 months of fightpass and access to the presale for ~€15 is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Or you can join an MMA gym that has fighters on the card :) two birds with one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is a crazy one i know, but would the UFC ever consider adding a second night to an event?
    They've got the whole place set up, all the crew are there, broadcasting is set up, so why not do a card on the Sunday too?
    Obviously not the same fighters
    Tickets for this will be a nightmare to get and 2 dates would help alleviate that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    This is a crazy one i know, but would the UFC ever consider adding a second night to an event?
    They've got the whole place set up, all the crew are there, broadcasting is set up, so why not do a card on the Sunday too?
    Obviously not the same fighters
    Tickets for this will be a nightmare to get and 2 dates would help alleviate that

It'd be Garth brooks all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    It'd be Garth brooks all over again

not at The Point it wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There's a stadium in cork unsure of seating capacity, doubt planning be issue. The marquee and funderland do be on down in that area. Stadium might not need be in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

maximoose wrote: »
    The Sun is complete trash, no disputing that - but 3 months of fightpass and access to the presale for ~€15 is tempting.

For peace of mind, I'd grab 3 or 4 mates and split the cost of Fight Club. It's hard to know how many tickets Sun+ would have in comparison to FC. Very limited I'd imagine.

Plus you have to imagine that you're competing with other European (maybe even American) people trying to buy tickets such was the feedback after last years event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I would stay away from sun+ at all costs, i found it incredibly difficult to actually cancel my membership. Had to ring them multiple times, you cant do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dave1982 wrote: »
    There's a stadium in cork unsure of seating capacity, doubt planning be issue. The marquee and funderland do be on down in that area. Stadium might not need be in Dublin

I assume there was some sort of planning condition regarding hours.
    Does Funderland not close at a similar 10/11pm as the Avica/Croker planning limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

If your a member of fight club how many pre sale tickets can you buy at one time ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement