Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Dublin October 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Today, 1 year ago #NeverForget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Today, 1 year ago #NeverForget

Tickets have been on sale a year? Must be gone so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

qwabercd wrote: »
    Probably been asked before I'm sure but when do tickets go on sale?
    Around 4th September I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

would love to see bisbing machida

would be a very evenly matched fight surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

mailburner wrote: »
    would love to see bisbing machida

would be a very evenly matched fight surely

Could be great but could also be pretty poor if both fighters are happy to circle and counter punch and not really engage. I'd imagine machidas extra power would be the difference between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

qwabercd wrote: »
    Probably been asked before I'm sure but when do tickets go on sale?

Fight Club Presale is Wednesday September the 2nd,
    Newsletter is down as friday the 4th, Which means public is saturday or monday.

That might change to wed/thur/fri though.
    And there's a massive chance that it won't get very far past the presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

I'm thinking about going for the VIP package this year for Dublin. Does anyone remember how much they were and what was included? Looking online it seems to be decent seats with access to a VIP lounge with free drinks/food and tickets to the after party. Is it worth the extra cash and how close were the seats? Are there are different prices for the VIP packages? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

They will only release 20/30% of tickets in presale I would imagine.

The amount of people in vegas that showed they are only interested in McGregor may ease demand slightly however expect it do still go very quick. People will be buying extras etc, hopefully if boardsies have extras they will sell on here for cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    The amount of people in vegas that showed they are only interested in McGregor may ease demand slightly however expect it do still go very quick.

I'd say if McGregor is even announced as just a guest fighter who will do a Q&A or something, tix will sell out the same as if he was fighting. If he has absolutely nothing to do with it, tickets should be okay to get I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Fight Club Pre-Sale question for the other Fight Club Members on here.

Is it possible to purchase all 6 tickets in more than 1 transaction with the same code? Or once you use the code once, is it useless? I've previously only bought 2 in one go so this was not a consideration for me in the past.

I'm hoping to be in early to get two tickets straight off the bat but knowing the way Ticketmaster operate they might not open up the better sections until later in the day so i'll be hoping I can take advantage of that fact and at least I'll have the first two if I dont get any others.

FWIW, the tickets I buy and dont myself use will be for friends who are fans. Myself and the Missus will be taking the two best ones I get. I'm not buying 6 tickets just to sell them on for profit in case anyone thinks thats what I'm at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

John_D80 wrote: »
    Fight Club Pre-Sale question for the other Fight Club Members on here.

Is it possible to purchase all 6 tickets in more than 1 transaction with the same code? Or once you use the code once, is it useless? I've previously only bought 2 in one go so this was not a consideration for me in the past.

Yep it sure is. I bought 4 tickets for 189 and about two or three hours later, I gave my code to a friend who was in need and they were able to buy 2 with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Belfort wants the re-match with Bisping per his comments today. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this headline it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Paully D wrote: »
    Belfort wants the re-match with Bisping per his comments today. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this headline it.

i'd be delighted wit that

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

I wrote about what the card might look like, some are more likely than others, I would be extremely happy with a card like this. Either way I expect the tickets to sell out fast.

http://talkingbrawlsmma.com/fantasy-matchmaking-ufc-dublin-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yep it sure is. I bought 4 tickets for 189 and about two or three hours later, I gave my code to a friend who was in need and they were able to buy 2 with no hassle.

Awesome. Thanks for replying. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

How can I give myself the best chance of getting tickets without being a Fight Club member? I'll just have to make sure I'm signed up to the newsletter then I guess and hope for the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

How can I give myself the best chance of getting tickets without being a Fight Club member? I'll just have to make sure I'm signed up to the newsletter then I guess and hope for the best?

Join a gym that has fighters on the card? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Chase3 wrote: »
    I wrote about what the card might look like, some are more likely than others, I would be extremely happy with a card like this. Either way I expect the tickets to sell out fast.

http://talkingbrawlsmma.com/fantasy-matchmaking-ufc-dublin-2015/

Cool article, love the ambition, fingers crossed.

Cool article, love the ambition, fingers crossed.
    Cheers, why not hope for the best sure!

About getting tickets, the best way is to join fightclub, perhaps split the cost with a friend or two. It's the only way to guarantee tickets or good seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Chase3 wrote: »
    About getting tickets, the best way is to join fightclub, perhaps split the cost with a friend or two. It's the only way to guarantee tickets or good seats.

Joining Fight Club doesn't guarantee either of those things.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    It's a lot easier than waiting for general release, I've never had a problem with fight club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

True, but I've gotten tickets for last year's UFC Dublin, 189 and UFC Glasgow without breaking a sweat using fight club

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I didn't say that Fight Club isn't the best way to get tickets.

Just that it isn't a guarantee as stated by the other poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I didn't say that Fight Club isn't the best way to get tickets.

Just that it isn't a guarantee as stated by the other poster.

This is true, there was an attendance of 9,500 for the last Dublin card, say 500 comps leaves 9,000 tickets, at 6 per membership that only takes 1,500 members buying their full allocation and it's gone

I'd say that they keep 1,000 for general sale, 500 for The Suns presale and another 500 for 3 presale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

scudzilla wrote: »
    This is true, there was an attendance of 9,500 for the last Dublin card, say 500 comps leaves 9,000 tickets, at 6 per membership that only takes 1,500 members buying their full allocation and it's gone

I'd say that they keep 1,000 for general sale, 500 for The Suns presale and another 500 for 3 presale

I don't think 3 have a presale, which sucks given I'm 3. They had BAMMA presale alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lost all confidence in this. Waiting 3 weeks for them to send the 3 Months Fightpass code which was part of the offer, got it yesterday - invalid code :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

maximoose wrote: »
    got it yesterday - invalid code :rolleyes:

Not just me then. I've been sent 3 non working codes. I'm almost certain they're inventing codes to email out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, my first thought was they were stringing people along until the 14 day cancellation period passed. Now I just think they're completely full of ****.

Think I'll be doing a chargeback after the presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Plus newsletter presale.

And tbh, I'd wouldn't be surprised if the didn't keep a general sale allocation.

500 to gyms/fighters/comps
    500 to the Sun presale
    1000 Newsletter
    Leaves 7,500 for fight club.

Any spares go to general, but there's a PR spin to say they sold out in the presale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Lads I think you're all running away with yourselves thinking they put the full allocation of seats on Fight Club, there's no way they're not gonna keep the vast majority of tickets for the general sale. Have often seen people online saying that Fight Club doesnt guarantee tickets (which would mean the allocation has sold out) or that the seats they were offered weren't great.
    I would think of Fight Club the way O2 used to have presales when they owned the venue, there's maybe a couple thousand allocated to it at most dependant on the event & how hyped it is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement