Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narcos [Netflix] ***Spoilers ****

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

And just to add, the Spanish language is absolutely beautiful, could listen to it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Pelvis wrote: »
    It doesn't look like there'll be a 4th season, but it's open ended either way. Ya never know!

Really? It looked like it would take a trip up north to focus on Mexico next season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I thought it was already confirmed for season 4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Finished it today and it finished great, lots of tension and I hope they make a fourth season. It would be worth watching, imagine Narcos meets Breaking Bad type of a situation. It was very different to season 2 I felt which was better than season 3. There was far less killing and gore I felt in season 3 and alot less sex scenes also. Season 2 still gets my vote but despite my initial misgivings it turned out pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Interesting interview with the show runner here with a good bit of speculation about season 4, which has been confirmed. Don't read it until you have finished season 3 as it contains spoilers.It sounds like there is a good chance that Season 4 will be based in Mexico with a whole new cast if Pena doesn't return.

• Advertisement

I had fears about the 2 new American lads, but they really grew on me. Would be nice to see them stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Although the Escobar story was more interesting I thought this series was superior. Really enjoyed it, especially Pacho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Best show going at the minute, season 3 really is gripping every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

It was intentional why the show was called Narcos and not something linked to Escobar. Binge watched season 3 over a 12 hour flight. Very strong season and such a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Pedro Paschal is absolutely brilliant in season 3 ,best of the 3 seasons for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I've just started watching El Chapo which runs on a similar theme and actually involves Pablo also. El Chapo is entirely in Spanish however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Andrea Londo... Sweet baby Jeebus! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Went so far into fantasy land in Season 2.

Where was the Search Bloc? Where was Delta? Deals with the Americans and the many raids gone wrong against PE....the book was such great source material how could the writers go their own way? A real waste.

Probably won't bother with the last season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Went so far into fantasy land in Season 2.

Where was the Search Bloc? Where was Delta? Deals with the Americans and the many raids gone wrong against PE....the book was such great source material how could the writers go their own way? A real waste.

Probably won't bother with the last season now.

Season 3 is very good, defo worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Season 3 has been excellent. Great performances all around. Only the last episode to watch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just finished season 3. The best of the series and really enjoyed it. F*cking A, as the DEA agents would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Same here only got around to finishing it now.

There was times when I missed the Escobar story I think Gilberto had potential to be as interesting as Escobar they could of easily got two seasons out if the brothers how they built up the empire and focus on the personalities but overall it was an excellent series again.

I really hated David in it.

Haha he really does have the most punchable face in a long time, doesn't he!(David)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Pelvis wrote: »
    Highly enjoyed this season, got off to a slow start but from around episode 3/4 it was consistently brilliant.

It doesn't look like there'll be a 4th season, but it's open ended either way. Ya never know!

the show is called narcos, it can go in several directions, id be thinking next season will be about the north valley cartel and after that possibly moving to mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haha he really does have the most punchable face in a long time, doesn't he!(David)

Was David Michael Rodrigues son? Absolutely hated him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Yeah one Of The most hateable characters in tv

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The term "A face only a mother could love" suits him perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    The term "A face only a mother could love" suits him perfectly.

Wasn't sure initially about him until the restaurant incident with Jorge Salseado and his wife!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

A location scout for the new season of narcos has been found shot to death in Mexico.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/narcos-shot-murdered-location-scout-mexico-1202561257/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Really enjoyed the third season, was unsure after the first 2 or 3 episodes but it picked up a lot and was arguably the best season of the lot! Jorge Salcedo was such a likeable character and I think my main interest was in seeing what would happen with him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

It has been a couple of months since I watched Season One or any other titles on Netflix that contain English subtitles.

What is the subtitle text on the AppleTV app supposed to be like? I remember it being blocky and yellow, but today for a few minutes when I started Season Two there was no subtitles when characters spoke Spanish, then I got a playback error and when I restarted the episode the subtitles were back but the text is now small and white, like when closed captions is active.

Is my memory mistaken or am I right that the subtitles should be yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

It has been a couple of months since I watched Season One or any other titles on Netflix that contain English subtitles.

What is the subtitle text on the AppleTV app supposed to be like? I remember it being blocky and yellow, but today for a few minutes when I started Season Two there was no subtitles when characters spoke Spanish, then I got a playback error and when I restarted the episode the subtitles were back but the text is now small and white, like when closed captions is active.

Is my memory mistaken or am I right that the subtitles should be yellow?

You can control how they look on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

Occono wrote: »
    You can control how they look on the website.

Yes I know but I was looking for confirmation of how they appear by default on AppleTV

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/25/narcos-star-pedro-pascal-location-scout-killed/

"Narcos" star Pedro Pascal is riding the wave of popularity, yet he says the Netflix show can't go on unless there's a way of protecting cast and crew.

We got Pedro -- who plays DEA agent Javier Peña -- out at LAX Sunday and asked about the respected location scout who was murdered in an area near Hidalgo.

As we reported ... Carlos Muñoz Portal's body was found earlier this month riddled with bullets. Muñoz was scouting in Mexico for season 4 ... where Peña zeroes in on the Mexican drug cartels.

The way Pedro sees it, everyone's a target now, so something has to be done.

Guess the Mexican cartels don't want it made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Finished it at the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Pleasantly surprised that there was no dip in quality from the first two series.

Advertisement