Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Narcos [Netflix] ***Spoilers ****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can't bloody wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Jayson Fresh Cafe

Looking forward to the weekend long binge!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,271 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Cali Cartel could actually be a more interesting story to be told.

The Cali Cartel could actually be a more interesting story to be told.

I've resisted all temptation to google them to get any information. I don't want to know if it's wrong or right story line wise

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Brilliant will definitely be keeping some time free to binge watch this. I thought it was one of the best shows I've seen can't wait for this season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Great news can't wait to see it!

Trailer looks excellent

Drps tomorrow and I am really looking forward to this as I think myself the Cali Cartel is a more interesting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭trashcan

Drps tomorrow and I am really looking forward to this as I think myself the Cali Cartel is a more interesting story.

Well if it's better than the Escobar story then it certainly will be worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Away on the beer all weekend so I smell a binge day on Monday just me and cali cartel... I can't wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Watched the first episode so far and found it underwhelming compared to the first two episodes, it is really missing agent Murphy's character. The part where Pacho is supposed to be gay, what total BS, the cartels were Macho and where Season 1 and 2 treated us to a delightful bevy of Pablo's babes, whores and mistresses, I almost choked when the gay scene was on. It looks as if some SJW leftist has decided to wreck Narcos and turn it into some total PC nonsense. I'll continue watching out of loyalty to the show but once my 30 day trial of Netflix is up I won't be renewing for this type of cultural marxism propaganda passing off as good TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Doltanian wrote: »
    Watched the first episode so far and found it underwhelming compared to the first two episodes, it is really missing agent Murphy's character. The part where Pacho is supposed to be gay, what total BS, the cartels were Macho and where Season 1 and 2 treated us to a delightful bevy of Pablo's babes, whores and mistresses, I almost choked when the gay scene was on. It looks as if some SJW leftist has decided to wreck Narcos and turn it into some total PC nonsense. I'll continue watching out of loyalty to the show but once my 30 day trial of Netflix is up I won't be renewing for this type of cultural marxism propaganda passing off as good TV.

Just getting ready for the reaction to the above......

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Only watched 3.01 so far. Good. The Cali cartel seems impenetrable, for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Was very apprehensive above a third season but really enjoying it. Completely forgot Narcos was coming back until I saw it advertised during the week.

3 episodes in and the Cali Cartel are putting on a great show. Missing Pablo but can't wait for the next 7 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Four episodes in. The show does seem to wobble a bit with the initial setup being oddly averse to tension (the Cartel plans to retire from crime, and they aren't public and showy with their crimes generally like Pablo was....so that's awkward from an entertainment perspective) but it's picking up steam now as it finds its momentum.

The stupid post a page ago was probably bait, but I just have to say that, you know, Pacho Herrara, the real person, was gay. So yeah, sorry SJEWS are infesting history you twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I didn't think or know Poncho was gay, did they give any inclination that he was in season 1 or 2?

Narcos showrunner Eric Newman has never been shy about fictionalizing elements of the show. Newman told The Hollywood Reporter that the split between the truth and the fiction of Narcos is "probably 50-50," adding, "The chronology is accurate." While some of Narcos is admittedly fiction, Pacho Herrera is based on a real man. Before Herrera's death at the hands of an unknown assassin in 1998, reported by The Washington Post, Herrera was one of four people running another massive, world-spanning drug operation to rival the other Escobar's Medellin cartel. Narcos Season 3 starts with Pacho at the top of the world, with no major competitors, and it can only go downhill from there as the series goes on.
    While Narcos is first and foremost about the drug trade, the show also takes a look at how Herrera's professional life mixed with his personal. Specifically, the show takes a look at how Herrera lived his life as someone who was openly gay. Per LA Weekly, William C. Rempel's book, At the Devil's Table: The Untold Story of the Insider Who Brought Down the Cali Cartel, details Herrera's extravagant tastes and honest lifestyle. Narcos highlights that this powerful figure didn't hide his sexuality, even in a darker, less accepting time for the LGBT+ community.

https://www.bustle.com/p/how-historically-accurate-is-pacho-herrera-in-narcos-the-cali-cartel-boss-was-unexpected-trailblazer-80139

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Finished it this morning and was highly impressed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I've the first four episodes now watched and despite the initial disappointment of Episode 1 it has begun to redeem itself and Episode 4 was great.

Andrea Londo's character of Maria Salazar is very interesting and definitely takes over from Pablo's Tata as the main babe of this series. I'm starting to pickup a few additional Spanish words from it too :D

I noticed there is a Lorenzo O'Brien as a producer on the show.

Just finished watching, was brilliant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Watched all 10 episode yesterday and now ....

medium-clean.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

I'm up to episode 7

I'd give it a 7.5/10,

A little too routine for me to score it higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Finished it this morning and was highly impressed with it.

+1 watched over the weekend - really enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Poor Miguel never got to relax in any of his safehouses

Lucky for Salsedo though he did such a poor job of finishing him off

Routine enough, but enjoyable I thought

I would have liked to see something unexpected happening during the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Did not think that this show would be as good without pablo but if anything season 3 is the best of the series so far.

Fantastic television and some great performances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Really enjoying it too. ^ Agreed it might be better than the first 2. Only 3 episodes to go. I think they shoulda renamed the season Narcos - Ultimate Hide n Seek Cali Edition! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Highly enjoyed this season, got off to a slow start but from around episode 3/4 it was consistently brilliant.

It doesn't look like there'll be a 4th season, but it's open ended either way. Ya never know!

Advertisement