Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narcos [Netflix] ***Spoilers ****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Sicario is pretty much a sequel to Narcos Mexico

Recommended movie

Good film alright but it's set 30 years later, can hardly be described as a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Thought the Mexico series was very good. Seems like they could run this more a good length of time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Corvo

Flew through these, and really enjoyed them. I think a lot of people would have had some idea of the Columbian / Pablo Escobar story to some extent, but I was not aware of this side at all.

Couple of things - spoilers.
    Found the character of Felix a bit boring until he really started to come into his own and become more violent.

Nice to see how El Chapo was tied in with the cartel, and his early days

Isabella is unbelievably beautiful

Reading back on the true-life murder of Kiki after watching the series is quite disturbing, and I really did not expect them to find his body. For some reason I thought they would rescue him but as the narrator says at the start, "there are no happy endings".

You could cut the tension in the scene between Pablo and Felix with a knife. You could almost see Pablo going through the motions of his decisions in his head and how vulnerable Felix was at that moment really put how powerful Pablo was in that moment.

Really looking forward to more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

7 episodes in really enjoying this. Is this going to be the yearly series now or are they going to go back to Agent Pena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Much preferred last season, cali characters were a lot more interesting as was Pena. Found this one a bit of a drag

• Advertisement

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Much preferred last season, cali characters were a lot more interesting as was Pena. Found this one a bit of a drag

The Cali Carter season 3 was my favorite I would say. Am always surprised that many think that s3 was much worse than the first 2 Escobar ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cmac2009

wadacrack wrote: »
    The Cali Carter season 3 was my favorite I would say. Am always surprised that many think that s3 was much worse than the first 2 Escobar ones

Fully agree, my favourite as well out of all of fhem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Finished it tonight. Absolutely loved it. The writing, the characters, the acting, the direction. All absolutely top notch. I was delighted to see
    the return of Moura as Escobar
    - totally wasnt expecting it.

Have to say the show keeps it's quality all through the 4 seasons. You can tell there's a lot of brilliant people working on it, especially the writers and directors. I would say season 2/3 were still the best but that's not taking anything away from this one. Brilliant character arcs, and devilish twists and turns. I was glued to the screen.

Hats off to Netflix. Narcos is up there IMO with The Wire, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones as some of the best I've seen. Magnificent television.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

After loving all of the previous seasons, I can't wait to see this one. Unfortunately, I have a busy few weeks ahead so I don't know when I'll get to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just finished the new season. It's brilliant! Think it was actually my favourite of the 4, and it's well set to continue into another season now too.

Great season of television overall though. Now the question is whether to read about the actual history, as I'm rather ignorant of it all, or wait and another year for more. Presuming there is another season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just finished the new season. It's brilliant! Think it was actually my favourite of the 4, and it's well set to continue into another season now too.

Great season of television overall though. Now the question is whether to read about the actual history, as I'm rather ignorant of it all, or wait and another year for more. Presuming there is another season!

My understanding is that this season is kinda running Parallel to when Murphy and Pena were chasing the Colombians. With the way the last season of Narcos finished with Pena and the dad talking about Mexico I’d say Pena will cross to Mexico soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Yes that’s my understanding too

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My understanding is that this season is kinda running Parallel to when Murphy and Pena were chasing the Colombians. With the way the last season of Narcos finished with Pena and the dad talking about Mexico I’d say Pena will cross to Mexico soon

My take on season 4, was that it and possibly season 5 if they continue where the end of 4 left off, all took place before the events in season one seeing as how Murphy (I think) mentioned what happens if someone screwed with a DEA agent in the opening episode of season 1. The Pena and Edward James Olmos setup scene should be the lead into season 6 timeline wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

1 episode left, don’t want it to end. Episode 9 my favourite by a mile, even though I know how it ends I was still shouting with joy when
    all the DEA agents come together and then Calderoni shows up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Just finished it last night - at the very end of ep 10, both myself and herself screamed "arrrrghhhh" when we realised there was no ep 11!

feck - looks like we have to wait til next Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

What does don neto be smoking in his pipe

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great season. Really enjoyed it. Top notch acting too.

A shame to see that
    good cop take a bribe from Felix at the end, but the whole scene was done very well.
    Also good to see the
    boys from Cali and Medellín again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I finished Narcos: Mexico yesterday. I really enjoyed it. The Don Neto character was great. And the music during the series was fantastic. I'm looking forward to the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I finished this last night, enjoyed it overall, started very slow but the latter episodes were great.

Did the actor who played Félix remind anyone else of Robert DeNiro’s character in “Heat”? I thought it was very striking and surely not accidental - the same smart grey suits, slicked back hair, goatee, the kinda cool, calm (but dangerous) demeanour.... definitely strongly influenced by that DeNiro character imo.

I googled the real life Félix there and he looked nothing like that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I finished this last night, enjoyed it overall, started very slow but the latter episodes were great.

Did the actor who played Félix remind anyone else of Robert DeNiro’s character in “Heat”? I thought it was very striking and surely not accidental - the same smart grey suits, slicked back hair, goatee, the kinda cool, calm (but dangerous) demeanour.... definitely strongly influenced by that DeNiro character imo.

I googled the real life Félix there and he looked nothing like that!

That's showbiz for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Finished the Mexico series last night. Found it quite fast paced in episodes 1-3 when they were quickly laying out how Felix went from nothing to the boss of bosses. Didn't really find the Kiki character endearing, he was too one dimensional and a big let down for me compared to Javier Pena in the previous series. Thought the performances by Don Neto and Rafa were excellent though, Felix good too as he got more violent and unhinged. Really enjoyed the final four episodes which were full of tension. Its nicely set up for next season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Finished the Mexico series last night. Found it quite fast paced in episodes 1-3 when they were quickly laying out how Felix went from nothing to the boss of bosses. Didn't really find the Kiki character endearing, he was too one dimensional and a big let down for me compared to Javier Pena in the previous series. Thought the performances by Don Neto and Rafa were excellent though, Felix good too as he got more violent and unhinged. Really enjoyed the final four episodes which were full of tension. Its nicely set up for next season too.

Well they didn't have a great deal of leeway to make the Kiki character endearing to you as he's based on an actual DEA agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I haven't got netflix...

can someone tell me has this series finished on netflix yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

fryup wrote: »
    I haven't got netflix...

can someone tell me has this series finished on netflix yet?

how do you mean? there are 4 series on netflix, 3 in columbia and one in mexico. all episodes are released at once.

Afaik, there is another season in the works.

its just that i can't get it on dvd anywhere, i presume its has to finish on netflix first?

Narcos Mexico

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

its just that i can't get it on dvd anywhere, i presume its has to finish on netflix first?

Narcos Mexico

it is a year old now

https://www.tvfreedvd.com/Narcos-Season-4-DVD-Boxset-31210.php

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Narcos Mexico

They’re all (incl. Mexico) available on DVD on amazon.co.uk

narcos mexico its only available from a U.S. seller on amazon.co.uk for some reason?

has it not been released in europe yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

narcos mexico its only available from a U.S. seller on amazon.co.uk for some reason?

has it not been released in europe yet?

Almost all DVD players are hackable to be region free. It's there in other regions, and on ebay in R1 (USA). If you really want to see it that badly, buy a R1 DVD set and set your player to be region free.

Advertisement