Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ah, they have the big squeezy bottles of Crucials minty yoghurt sauce. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

igCorcaigh wrote: »

I always have a bottle of the stuff in the fridge, goes great in a wrap with barbecued chicken/steak and salad, or on the side of Indian style meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I got a bottle of that Cruicials yoghurt and mint sauce as well, used it on lamb kebabs last weekend, it was delicious
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117367701&postcount=193

dee_mc wrote: »
    How much is the oat milk please?

Im not an oat milk buyer but a friend is and was saying to me that it can be very expensive. Anyway was up in Ikea the other day and saw a woman struggling with about 6 or 7 cartons of oat milk in her arms so I decided to go down to the shelf and take a gander- it was 1.75 for a litre which I think is very cheap for oat milk, no wonder she was stocking up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

They sell the Oat Milk from the Grow with Aldi range in Donnybrook Fair too - €3.49 fr 250ml I think! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 minimax90

Has anyone tried the specially selected valpolicello ripasso wine? On offer for Father's Day down from 9.99 to 4.99. Thinking of buying alot of it for a function later ín the year but don't drink red wine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

minimax90 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the specially selected valpolicello ripasso wine? On offer for Father's Day down from 9.99 to 4.99. Thinking of buying alot of it for a function later ín the year but don't drink red wine!

Shelf has been empty two times I have looked for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

prodsc wrote: »
    Shelf has been empty two times I have looked for it!!

I was in Aldi on three separate occasions specifically looking for this wine, and each time shelf was bare, I asked some staff was there more coming in and they pretty much said they had no idea.
    On Sunday, I was in Aldi again, doing weekly shop, saw manager, whom I know and asked him. He said no problem and brought out a case of 6 bottles and asked how may I wanted - I took four and the other two were gone in seconds. Decent enough wine, not the best Ripasso by any means, but a no-brainer for a fiver.

Anyway, moral of story is to keep asking if they have more stock not on shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Aldi version of McDonnell’s curry is rank !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

km79 wrote: »
    The Aldi version of McDonnell’s curry is rank !
    Coincidentally, I have tried three (third one tonight) and was going to post.
    I hadn't tried any of them before the Aldi one. With the Aldi one I found it sweet which I wasn't expecting, but thought it was ok/nice.
    I then a few weeks later tried the Dunnes one, and thought that was much nicer, as did a few in my household, and it reminded me how weird that it was that the Aldi one was sweet.

Tonight we tried the McDonnell's one due to a very late return home and wanted to cook something quick. The McDonnell's one is much nicer than the Aldi one too. I am going by memory, but it did kind of confirm a bad taste in my mouth relating to the Aldi one (pun intended). It tastes much sweeter and nowhere near as nice. I will reluctantly try the Aldi one again, but I am pretty much set on it being the worst one by quite a lot.

Tried the new(ish) salt and pepper fries mentioned here a couple of weeks back. They're grand and everything but will be going back to the skin on fries for the next purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Tried the new(ish) salt and pepper fries mentioned here a couple of weeks back. They're grand and everything but will be going back to the skin on fries for the next purchase

Yea they were nice for a change. Skin on are better alright. I did like the cajun ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I got a bottle of that Cruicials yoghurt and mint sauce as well, used it on lamb kebabs last weekend, it was delicious
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117367701&postcount=193

Im not an oat milk buyer but a friend is and was saying to me that it can be very expensive. Anyway was up in Ikea the other day and saw a woman struggling with about 6 or 7 cartons of oat milk in her arms so I decided to go down to the shelf and take a gander- it was 1.75 for a litre which I think is very cheap for oat milk, no wonder she was stocking up!
    McMurphy wrote: »
    I always have a bottle of the stuff in the fridge, goes great in a wrap with barbecued chicken/steak and salad, or on the side of Indian style meals.
    igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Is the garlic sauce in it? There have been times when it was just all yogurt.

Thargor wrote: »

No garlic in this one.
    It's sweet and minty.

Should really make my own (jarred mint sauce is a decent shortcut), but this is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No I mean is the garlic sauce from the Crucials range there as well as this mint sauce?

No I mean is the garlic sauce from the Crucials range there as well as this mint sauce?

Nope, not in my local store anyway.
    Anyone?

Not in my local either, iirc the Aldi special was the yoghurt and mint one by Cruicials and then another sauce i their range which I think was some kind of BBQ or cajun but definitely not garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

They have the crucials sauces in Mr Price a lot. Hit and miss what flavours they have on the day tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Not in my local either, iirc the Aldi special was the yoghurt and mint one by Cruicials and then another sauce i their range which I think was some kind of BBQ or cajun but definitely not garlic
    It was the chilli and garlic one in my local Aldi, was just that and the mint and yogurt one from recollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I had the same hope but none in Aldi at the min. If you’ve an Iceland near worth going there . They nearly always have it !

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Got Sourdough pizza balls in the chilled section the other day beside the puff pastry ,west cork pizza sauce and buffalo mozz and have to say the nicest pizza ive had in quite a while.
    in a cast iron pan and then under the grill the pizza was excellent and much better than anything i can get delivered here in coolock. Cant recommend it enough and will be devastated when these balls disappear as they are even better than the sorrento bases ive played with before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Guys I here some of yous giving out about the Aldi curry powder,has the red can changed as a in have the changed the style and colour of the can?.

It used to be a red can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Got Sourdough pizza balls in the chilled section the other day beside the puff pastry ,west cork pizza sauce and buffalo mozz and have to say the nicest pizza ive had in quite a while.
    in a cast iron pan and then under the grill the pizza was excellent and much better than anything i can get delivered here in coolock. Cant recommend it enough and will be devastated when these balls disappear as they are even better than the sorrento bases ive played with before.

As in balls of dough?
    Must have a look out.

.red. wrote: »
    As in balls of dough?
    Must have a look out.

Yeah there in a packet around the same size as the buffalo mozzarella balls are and beside the puff pastry and sorrento bases are in my local aldi in coolock.was a little too big for my 10 inch pan so would easily do a 12 inch pizza without a problem

Tom1991 wrote: »

Why is this, are they a 1-2 week special on the Grow with Aldi promotion or something?
    Must look out for them myself as I do like sourdough pizza.

Why is this, are they a 1-2 week special on the Grow with Aldi promotion or something?

I’m not sure didn’t look like it like some of the sauces,coffee that are in the grow with aldi boxes.I just find our local aldi to be hit and miss stock wise week to week.hopefully it’s a permanent or atleast for the summer item.Next time I’m in I’ll take a photo of the wrapper to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭con747

It's this pizza dough https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-specially-selected-sourdough-pizza-dough-300g/4088600410029

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Is the spinach/kale mix bag gone or is it just my local store?
    I used use it for smoothies and salads, haven't seen it now in a few weeks.

con747 wrote: »

ah right cheers, must look out for it. Anyone know is it in the fridges with all the ready meals or where its located? Looked yesterday but couldnt find it in that section. Mind you my Aldi can be a bit slack with new products showing up so it could be that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

ah right cheers, must look out for it. Anyone know is it in the fridges with all the ready meals or where its located? Looked yesterday but couldnt find it in that section. Mind you my Aldi can be a bit slack with new products showing up so it could be that as well.

It’s in the fridge with the Butter and Oat/Almond/Soya Milks in my local. €1.79 per ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭con747

The pizza dough ball is in the fridge section beside the Sorrento pizza bases and puff pastry in my Aldi.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement