Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

jk23 wrote: »
    Got the 3 only fools and horses plush toys in aldi claremorris today, plenty of them in stock. Great quality

I haven’t got to Aldi yet? Are the catch phrases good?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The pizza bases are smaller than the other brands, but I found them v tasty! Still a lovely size.
    I hope they are kept on as its one product I always have to get elsewhere.

Just finished mine with my Italian friend. Quite nice, definitely better than the square rolled ones they have on sale for long time.

Just ignore cooking time on the label. We precooked it a bit with just a bit of olive oil for crispiness :) Came out nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Are they pre rolled fresh pizza bases?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

sillysocks wrote: »
    Are they pre rolled fresh pizza bases?

Nope, these are normal round bases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

fin12 wrote: »
    I haven’t got to Aldi yet? Are the catch phrases good?

Yes, they are about 3 or 4 audio lines each....they are the obvious ones you would expect from each character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

Picked these up on Friday - were quite nice, soft and not sweet. Saw a half price packet of Lamb mince - so it was Lamb burgers with salad leaves and sweet potato fries for dinner - quick, easy and not full of additives/salt etc - kids were happy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Debub wrote: »
    Picked these up on Friday - were quite nice, soft and not sweet. Saw a half price packet of Lamb mince - so it was Lamb burgers with salad leaves and sweet potato fries for dinner - quick, easy and not full of additives/salt etc - kids were happy

Didn't know they did brioche buns outside the specially selected range.
    I'll be looking for them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

Bilash Mango Chutney - so tasty as a side portion with curry.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Has anyone seen these avocado pods yet? Especially in either Terenure or Sandyford?

https://www.aldi.ie/kirkton-house-avocado-pod/p/016157293816901

Would be very useful, but only if they're decent quality obviously - don't want to be buying junk!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Didn't know they did brioche buns outside the specially selected range.
    I'll be looking for them so.
    neither did I. THey had buns like those before but not brioche, think they called them gourmet buns.

Looks similar to the supermacs bun usually on the more expensive burgers

Supermacs-5oz-Bacon-Cheese.png

I have seen them called called a kaizer bun/rolls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

SozBbz wrote: »
    Has anyone seen these avocado pods yet? Especially in either Terenure or Sandyford?

Would be very useful, but only if they're decent quality obviously - don't want to be buying junk!

How would these be different from any other plastic food storage container?

I was in a hurry and these looked to be the only burger buns in stock - lucky me, these were the good (and rare) ones :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Space Dog wrote: »

€3.49 different! :rolleyes:

You don't want a lot of air getting at the exposed flesh of the half avocado, you need something roughly the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Space Dog

You don't want a lot of air getting at the exposed flesh of the half avocado, you need something roughly the same size.

I place some cling film over the surface and put them in Tupperware, they stay ok for up to 2 days for me that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Going to Aldi tomorrow to have a bit of a wander around and see what they got. I'm sure I'll find something. 😀

I place some cling film over the surface and put them in Tupperware, they stay ok for up to 2 days for me that way.

Yeah, but I don’t want to be using clingfilm anymore for environmental reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Rub a little lemon juice on the cut surface and place downwards on a plate.

anybody seen these Sausages (Barry John's) in Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Last September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

Tried "red's Thai Red Curry Sauce" at the weekend. All natural ingredients and very spicy. Would recommend, although kids might find it a bit too hot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

xyz123 wrote: »
    Tried "red's Thai Red Curry Sauce" at the weekend. All natural ingredients and very spicy. Would recommend, although kids might find it a bit too hot.

I absolutely love it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They had quite a few in Swords today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭.red.

Your welcome.
    I'm Irish tho, not Thai!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Bit late to the party but I tried the Aldi Mediterranean style lamb sausages, and they were absolutely delicious. We had them with a Mediterranean lentil stew. Lovely meal, given the awful weather.

we got 2 packs each of Med and Meguez, both were good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Never heard of it or noticed it in the stores, is it a special or where will I find in the shop?

Fancy a good curry tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Recliner

Never heard of it or noticed it in the stores, is it a special or where will I find in the shop?

Fancy a good curry tomorrow.

Just realised I have a pack of this in the cupboard for a few weeks. I'll have to give it a try..

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

I haven’t seen these ones but I will cry with happiness if they bring the curry chip ones into Aldi! Nicest sausages ever

• Advertisement

AnnaSophia wrote: »
    I haven’t seen these ones but I will cry with happiness if they bring the curry chip ones into Aldi! Nicest sausages ever

Definately Great sausages - all the 3 flavors we tried were good

Advertisement