Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,634 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just spent 5 minutes hunting in one area and for my resource capacity maxed (30 to 100), got the shadow bow and a couple of other upgrades. Scaled a tall neck, raided a cauldron and kicked the **** out of some machines. Thanks for the tips lads, pretty much love the game now.

Just beat my first full powered Death Bringer (grave horde i think the mission was). Took me 2 goes. First, i didn't even get to hit it, killed before i could even make contact. Was gonna give up for the night but decided one more quick go. Took everything i had but actually brought it down a lot easier than i thought it be. Epic feeling. Plus, the story is getting so juicy, i want to Google to find out more. I hate spoilers and would never spoil it for myself but only a good sign when i want to know MOAR about what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you have me playing it again from scratch, I had all the gear and armour and was capable of tremendous damage. It's difficult to describe the emotions when a sawtooth is charging, you fire an arrow at it and something like a 7 pops up over it's head,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When is Playstation's conference this year where they show new stuff? I reckon there will be a Horizon 2 teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I just went back and finished the Frozen Wilds DLC. Great addition to the game - potentially a better story than the main game. As others have said, the dialog isn't great. A lot of the DLC quests are at level 35/40, so being overleveled made the game way too easy. Fighting a thunderjaw or one of the new additions lacked the risk factor you feel earlier in the game.

I really enjoyed going back to the game. I'd always said I'd go back at some stage to clean up and finish side quests. Now to focus on Fire Emblem before Borderlands next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    When is Playstation's conference this year where they show new stuff? I reckon there will be a Horizon 2 teaser.

I doubt it. I'd say they'll leave any teaser until the PS5 is announced, as it'll almost surely be a PS5 title and would be a great title to showcase the graphics and power of a next-gen console, considering how great HZD looked on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt it. I'd say they'll leave any teaser until the PS5 is announced, as it'll almost surely be a PS5 title and would be a great title to showcase the graphics and power of a next-gen console, considering how great HZD looked on PS4.
    Yeah Guerrila are usually Sony's go-to for major early releases on new consoles so I'd say this is true.

I enjoyed HZD more than GoW. There I said it.

gimli2112 wrote: »

I enjoyed Days Gone more than both, don't @ me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

you have me playing it again from scratch, I had all the gear and armour and was capable of tremendous damage. It's difficult to describe the emotions when a sawtooth is charging, you fire an arrow at it and something like a 7 pops up over it's head,

Aye seeing this thread come back to life is tempting me to reinstall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those sun trials were a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I enjoyed Days Gone more than both, don't @ me.

HZD and Days Gone were probably my two favorite single player games for the PS4. I really liked GoW but I preferred those more.

Those sun trials were a bitch.

I'd forgotten. I've rage quit twice so far. They're not hard but some of them rely on a bit of rng and luck.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd forgotten. I've rage quit twice so far. They're not hard but some of them rely on a bit of rng and luck.

I could never complete them, hence why I never got the plat.

I screwed up a part of the other allies quest and as a result never bothered with the knocking over straw deers bit. If I remember what I screwed up before I'll get it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The biggest piece of advice for them is pretty much to abandon all semblance of strategy or planning, and just f*cking go for it. Run and gun and run away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, trying to follow a strategy usually doesn't work with the trials. I'm pretty sure I just went balls to the wall for them and passed them, but I needed more equipment before I could do them all, so I'm sure I went back to it near end-game to complete.

I realised that the other day trying to do one with a green fupping sling.

I have no idea how I created the yellow thumbs up on this post

I have no idea how I created the yellow thumbs up on this post

If you look at it sideways, it looks like a Simpsons willy and balls.

So I'm at the point of no return, i think. Something about rounding up friends for the final battle. A quick Google told me that finishing certain side quests will enable me to get some help. My question, is this necessary? Will the final be a pain in the hole on my own? I'm enjoying the momentum at the moment and want to push on to the end. Any advice?

PS. Absolutely love the story.

• Advertisement

ye'll be grand ploughing on ahead, it just means you can't platinum it on this playthrough. You may be able to back track after but it's not necessary.
    i really liked the story too

ye'll be grand ploughing on ahead, it just means you can't platinum it on this playthrough. You may be able to back track after but it's not necessary.
    i really liked the story too

Cool thanks, no interest in the platinum in this one so it's on i go!

I never got a heart for the rare sharpshooter bow so said I'd get the medium one at least for the final battle and just discovered tearblast ammo. Wtf didn't i get this sooner!!

And done. Beautiful little ending. Frozen wilds worth playing, add much?

The tearblaster arrows did zero damage from what i could see, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Frozen Wilds is well worth playing. Gorgeous new area, good self-contained story, difficult new enemies, cool new armour and weapons.

If I remember right, tearblast arrows blow parts of the machine off making it easier to hit vulnerable areas with other damage-dealing arrows.

Ah i was just using it on vulnerable parts of a deathbringer, no actual panels to break off. I knew the 120 tear damage was too good to be true.

Cool will give FW a go so. I don't suppose we can find where
    Elisabeth is laid to rest on the map?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cool will give FW a go so. I don't suppose we can find where
    Elisabeth is laid to rest on the map?

She was
    discovered surrounded by flowers after visiting Sobek Ranch during the final mission, The Face of Extinction main quest
    , had to Google to confirm.

She was
    discovered surrounded by flowers after visiting Sobek Ranch during the final mission, The Face of Extinction main quest
    , had to Google to confirm.

Yupp, was a really nice scene, wondering if you can find it in free roam but it doesn't look like it.

Yeah, the ranch is in Carson City Nevada, and the game is based in Colorado and Utah. Shame.

• Advertisement
Advertisement