Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm in on PS4. Looking forward to giving this a bash. Very intrigued by melee combat in a multiplayer game (I have visions of things turning into a game of Rock-em-Sock-em Robots).

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Korvanica wrote: »
    No email yet. Any spares would love one.

Bit worried about the P2P Servers though..

I thought they are running on dedicated ubisoft servers like rainbow 6. I know the alpha was P2P but I presume they are switching to dedicated servers on the beta or launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I thought they are running on dedicated ubisoft servers like rainbow 6. I know the alpha was P2P but I presume they are switching to dedicated servers on the beta or launch.

Cant find anything on them switching to dedicated Servers myself. All points to P2P. Hopefully they will switch it (and can).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Uninstalled the game after 30 min. Absolute $hite. At least for me. Some might enjoy it. Not my cup of tea at all.

Noxin wrote: »
    Uninstalled the game after 30 min. Absolute $hite. At least for me. Some might enjoy it. Not my cup of tea at all.

Same, really didn't appeal to me. It kind of reminded me of Evolve in that what was there could be a fine game mode of a larger game but not enough to make an whole game out of by itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I have a ps4 code if anyone wants it

I'll take it if you still have it
    Thanks

Anyone got a spare invite for pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭dunworth1

played a few games there and honestly its boring
    its an arcade game fun for a few minutes then it loses its appeal

glad i got to play the beta as i won't be picking this up

I was expecting more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Streaming it on PC at www.twitch.tv/theliber8or right now :)

Love it. Awesome multiplayer game. A nice break from the shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nice game. Think this will be a day one buy for me as it really feels like something different. Fair balls to Ubisoft for taking a chance on a game like this and not just churning out another sequel in a series of games. I have only played 1v1 so far as the Nobushi but the combat seems to have a decent amount of depth to it, more than i expected there to be. Still a few mechanics that im learning, like how to punish people who are exhausted but its a fun learning experience :D

Got in after. Its a fun game.

I like the nostalgia feel of my friends not being able to play with each other because some of them have Strict/Moderate NAT. Really brings me back to the pre dedicated server days.

Gameplay is fun though i can see it getting a little repetitive very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

am i the only one who is completely nonplussed and unenthusiastic about this game? - it looks a bit shallow to be a big AAA release - all the streamers are going crazy for it at the moment, but I suspect it will be gone in a week or two - It reminds me of the furore around Evolve.

Hercule wrote: »
    am i the only one who is completely nonplussed and unenthusiastic about this game? - it looks a bit shallow to be a big AAA release - all the streamers are going crazy for it at the moment, but I suspect it will be gone in a week or two - It reminds me of the furore around Evolve.
    The game has serious depth. Every few games we comes out of the lobby to work on our gear. Break down gear, craft, buy more armour and weapons for our characters.

The AI is top notch. You can play some killer games against even the AI.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea due to it being an unique AAA. Rainbow 6 Siege took a good few months before the player base grew to a massive size.

It's great to see Ubisoft doing different games and building communities just like they did with Rainbow 6.

I think the Dark Souls pvp community would lap this game up. I have only played Nobushi so far but have faced every other hero and each one of them feels very different and offer different challenges for my one hero, who knows what other match ups are like. It feels pretty close to being a fighting game without actually being a true fighting game.

Price of 60 euro may be a bit steep but we have yet to see what the single player campaign offers, plus wwe'll probably be able to get it for 30 to 40 euro on a grey market site. PC players anyway.

Also. Found the best way to punish an exhausted player to to guard break into throw. It knocks them to the ground when exhausted and you can follow up with so attacks to them. Where as if they are exhausted and you try to attack them they can still block you while they recover

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I do like UBI made this type of game and it has fixed most of the flaws from the Alpha, there is actual skill now in playing well.

I dont think it will be my type of game and it does have depth, but 60(40 on key sites) blips is a bit too much for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like my Ubisoft account was hacked (by hacked i mean they got my password). Two step authentication was setup, and i can't get into it. Been on hold with Ubisoft support for 30 minutes now.

No For Honor for me for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »
    Looks like my Ubisoft account was hacked (by hacked i mean they got my password). Two step authentication was setup, and i can't get into it. Been on hold with Ubisoft support for 30 minutes now.

I find even loggin in with the correct password on Ubi it rejects it, absolute pain in the hole UBi can be with logins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Kiith wrote: »

Uhh surely if you had two step set up they can't have changed your password or email? So just do a forgot password email and reset it yourself?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didn't have 2-step before this though. Just got the email to say it had been setup, but not by me.

All good now though. Finally got through, reset the authentication and password, and will setup 2-step myself in a few mins.

• Advertisement

A nice touch that i didn't initially notice. Vikings are dominating the war at the moment so i think i have seen the snow variation maybe once. I choose Viking but im playing as a Japanese character :o I read that For Honor will follow the same DLC plan as Rainbow Six Siege of which alot of players have praised. No idea as i never played R6 but apparently most of the DLC is free? Sounds pretty good but i wonder how a season pass plays into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Most likely they will add maps free for everyone, and any new character classes will be free to Season Pass people, and then a week later anyone else can use in-game credits to unlock them. Though if R6 is anything to go by, the cost in For Honour will go up from 500 credits to about 5000 for new characters. (R6 was 500-2000 for original unlocks, 25000 for new characters).

Other Season Pass stuff will likely be extra quest slots, bonus +% to in-game credits earned, some free XP boosters. The R6 one was good but not really €30 of value to me, I picked it up for near €12 before it ended for the characters.

Its great to see Ubisoft including free DLC. They successfully grew the R6 Siege community this way. You can definitely see how its rubbed off on the game development community. Titanfall 2 is now doing free maps also to help build their player base.

I am all for devs making money from cosmetic items as long as they don't impact gameplay. I seen plenty of people wearing season pass cosmetic gear in Rainbow 6 so that must have worked out well for the devs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Pity about the p2p servers. Can't really understand a multiplayer PC game not having dedicated servers.

Burgo wrote: »
    Pity about the p2p servers. Can't really understand a multiplayer PC game not having dedicated servers.

Yeah, I thought since they are modeling Rainbow 6 so closely they would have dedicated servers. Surely Ubisoft has farms of servers since they have The Division and many other titles.

I hope once they see some success with the game they'll add the servers.

In saying that I've played 26 hrs of the beta so far and connection only spoiled about 3 matches however dedicated servers are needed to grow the player base.

Well after playing this all weekend and getting a Nobushi to prestige 1 and trying out all the other characters its safe to say i won't be getting this game :pac:

The lag in game isn't initially apparent until you 1v1 a mirror match. When you do an attack or move and a split second later your opponent does the exact same move but he ends up hitting you first. Outside of mirror matches you just assume they got the animation off first or their characters animation is faster but it may not always be the case. Now i understand the hate for the P2P connection instead of dedicated servers. Not to mention balance issue with characters that is only visible at higher levels. There is no reason to play any character other than the Assassins. Being able to dodge an enemies attack and strike during the animation is way to overpowered. Makes Orochi, Peacekeeper and Zerker not actually have to fight you, instead they just counter attack get free damage, do a little combo maybe do more damage then reset the encounter by double back dashing. It's Infuriating, and it seems alot of streamers echo my opinions as alot of them are glad that this is the last day of the beta (All the top streamers are being paid to play the beta)

Anyway. I know there aren't alot of players here on boards but i felt i just need to vent my rage. Maybe Ubisoft will pull a Division and have a great game in about 6 months

Well after playing this all weekend and getting a Nobushi to prestige 1 and trying out all the other characters its safe to say i won't be getting this game :pac:

The lag in game isn't initially apparent until you 1v1 a mirror match. When you do an attack or move and a split second later your opponent does the exact same move but he ends up hitting you first. Outside of mirror matches you just assume they got the animation off first or their characters animation is faster but it may not always be the case. Now i understand the hate for the P2P connection instead of dedicated servers. Not to mention balance issue with characters that is only visible at higher levels. There is no reason to play any character other than the Assassins. Being able to dodge an enemies attack and strike during the animation is way to overpowered. Makes Orochi, Peacekeeper and Zerker not actually have to fight you, instead they just counter attack get free damage, do a little combo maybe do more damage then reset the encounter by double back dashing. It's Infuriating, and it seems alot of streamers echo my opinions as alot of them are glad that this is the last day of the beta (All the top streamers are being paid to play the beta)

Anyway. I know there aren't alot of players here on boards but i felt i just need to vent my rage. Maybe Ubisoft will pull a Division and have a great game in about 6 months

I am laughing because I thought Nobushi is the most OP character in the whole game lol.

I clocked 40 hours over the weekend on the beta. What I have found is that everyone has their own OP character nemesis. Mine was Nobushi with that damn poison stab and her lightening fast moves.

You are wrong about the classes you mentioned. Yes, they have greater mobility but at a major cost. As a decent Orochi the bigger classes are a nightmare for me. I get thrown off bridges, hit by massive arc moves that I cannot evade, etc, etc.

Classes like Warlord can activate a shield that stops an attack from any direction. A nightmare for fast movers like myself.

Leading with heavy attacks is a counter strikers dream. They are slow and easy to see depending on what character you use. Try lead with a light attack and once a chain starts go for a heavy.

I met a good few Nobushi that I couldn't land a hit on due to her fast triple stab with the spear/sword. Any character I was having issues with I set them as a high level bot in a custom match to develop a strategy for dealing with them. You'd be surprised at how many counters you can learn for every character.

Since this is based on the Rainbow 6 model I expect character balancing to be adjusted every few months. They look at the data and explain why they nurf X and buff Y. There has already been balancing applied to Orochi from the closed alpha. She was much more deadly in the alpha however now to fire certain counters is much more difficult.

The P2P hosting is concerning however I think they'll see the light since they will no doubt try to get for honor to become an Esports title just like R6.

I found the Nobushi not as OP as everyone mentioned. Maybe cause I spent a lot of time on her so I know what works and what doesn't. I play Kensei as my other character and I found Nobushi to be an easy enough fight. Her normal light attack comes out real slow, but the second 2 are super fast. Just gotta block the first one. And side stepping ruins her. Any class with a side step attack u have had trouble with. Maybe I just need more time versus assassins....

I really like the idea of the game, but I'm not gonna get it at launch and want for the dust to settle and see what's what.

• Advertisement

I found the Nobushi not as OP as everyone mentioned. Maybe cause I spent a lot of time on her so I know what works and what doesn't. I play Kensei as my other character and I found Nobushi to be an easy enough fight. Her normal light attack comes out real slow, but the second 2 are super fast. Just gotta block the first one. And side stepping ruins her. Any class with a side step attack u have had trouble with. Maybe I just need more time versus assassins....

I really like the idea of the game, but I'm not gonna get it at launch and want for the dust to settle and see what's what.

In some 2 vs 2 matches we would switch enemies because we each had particular characters that were very tough to beat. The ones I found tough my teammate found easy.

All Nobushi's light attacks are lighting fast and her range is exceptional when she stabs.

Advertisement