Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Honor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

No it's invites via Uplay unfortunately and they have to be on the same platform as you.

Ah, no worries then, thanks anyway Enfilade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

My impressions so far summed up:

Dueling is fun, ganking is not.

It's extremely difficult and basically guaranteed Death if you're ganked, which can happen a fair bit in Brawl and Dominion. It would possibly be ok if the block mechanics were different than what they were but they make it extremely difficult to fight against more than 1 opponent due to only being able to lock onto one person and block against one stance at a time.

However dueling 1 v 1 is very fun and is basically like a game of chess compared to other melee based games like Chivlary.

Character and world design looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cravez wrote: »
    My impressions so far summed up:

Dueling is fun, ganking is not.

It's extremely difficult and basically guaranteed Death if you're ganked, which can happen a fair bit in Brawl and Dominion. It would possibly be ok if the block mechanics were different than what they were but they make it extremely difficult to fight against more than 1 opponent due to only being able to lock onto one person and block against one stance at a time.

However dueling 1 v 1 is very fun and is basically like a game of chess compared to other melee based games like Chivlary.

Character and world design looks great.
    There are game mechanics for these types of fights such as 1 v 2 and 1 v 3.

You can actually block an outside attack while locked on to another target. You have to flick the right stick in the direction of the attack. The rage status bar fills up incredibly fast when you have 3 attacking you. There must be a multiplier based on how many people you are fighting.

Once rage is active it forces opponents in close proximity onto the ground. You really need to be a big character to pull it off. Get your back into a corner where they cannot get behind you. Most of the attacks in these situations are overhead attacks because side attacks hit their own guys who are attacking also. A few blocks and rage is active.

It is incredibly tough but it can be done. The bigger characters have a better chance of surviving.

I play as the small Samurai so if I see 3 enemies I take them on a run into my guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there friendly fire in this? Sounds brilliant either way, but i always prefer when people need to be careful with their attacks.

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there friendly fire in this? Sounds brilliant either way, but i always prefer when people need to be careful with their attacks.
    There sure is. I took a good few hits over the weekend from a team mates battle axe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

There are game mechanics for these types of fights such as 1 v 2 and 1 v 3.

You can actually block an outside attack while locked on to another target. You have to flick the right stick in the direction of the attack. The rage status bar fills up incredibly fast when you have 3 attacking you. There must be a multiplier based on how many people you are fighting.

Once rage is active it forces opponents in close proximity onto the ground. You really need to be a big character to pull it off. Get your back into a corner where they cannot get behind you. Most of the attacks in these situations are overhead attacks because side attacks hit their own guys who are attacking also. A few blocks and rage is active.

Ah ok I didn't know about that, the tutorials etc haven't really been all that good but I guess I should be paying more attention :P

One of my last games of 'For Honor' last night, 2 v 2. It was a good ole fight to the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We should all learn after No Mans Sky and countless other games to wait until the game is out and reviews are published before committing to purchase.

Hence the would...

The closed beta is out on January 26th on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Register here.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/register/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The closed beta is out on January 26th on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Register here.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/register/

"Closed beta" two weeks before the games actual release. It's pretty much a demo of the final game but calling it a closed beta they can control who gets it and not just release it to the masses. Otherwise the game looks great! :D Already signed up to try it out

• Advertisement

"Closed beta" two weeks before the games actual release. It's pretty much a demo of the final game but calling it a closed beta they can control who gets it and not just release it to the masses. Otherwise the game looks great! :D Already signed up to try it out

It is most certainly the demo however the beta is no doubt there to test server load. The closed alpha was better than most demos afew months ago :D

After watching the video i thought how cool it was. Like a separate game mode where you fight as a member of your chosen faction against a team of the opposing faction, and win % counts towards conquering the map. Nope

Instead you pick a faction and when you win games in any game mode as any Warrior you earn points for your faction. And when it says cross platform play it just means to score tally for each faction is from all platforms, not that you will actually be playing against people cross platform.

What a total nonevent and a waste of what could have been a really ****ing awesome game mode

After watching the video i thought how cool it was. Like a separate game mode where you fight as a member of your chosen faction against a team of the opposing faction, and win % counts towards conquering the map. Nope

Instead you pick a faction and when you win games in any game mode as any Warrior you earn points for your faction. And when it says cross platform play it just means to score tally for each faction is from all platforms, not that you will actually be playing against people cross platform.

What a total nonevent and a waste of what could have been a really ****ing awesome game mode
    Its a bit odd also that I can play as a Samurai and still select to pledge my allegiance to the Vikings and tally up points for them :confused:

Its all a bit up in the air the moment with more info needed. If its like Rainbow 6 they will take the feedback and board and possibly do something better with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I filled in the survey (tip filling in those surveys with actual content gets you on all beta from ubi).

My main gripe was there was a number of cheap kills akin to button mashing, interested to see if thats changed.

Will probably buy it.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I filled in the survey (tip filling in those surveys with actual content gets you on all beta from ubi).

My main gripe was there was a number of cheap kills akin to button mashing, interested to see if thats changed.

Will probably buy it.

I also took the time to fill in the in depth feedback survey after the alpha. First time I have ever done that. I think the game will be huge success. Its very much flying under the radar at the moment.

The only issues I noticed was the connection which in the alpha was player hosted. I assume they'll be using the same servers as Rainbow 6 when the beta begins or at launch.

For anyone who looks at this kind of thing.

MINIMUM

OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3-550 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 or equivalent
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660/GTX750ti/GTX950/GTX1050 with 2 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon HD6970/HD7870/R9 270/R9 370/RX460 with 2 GB VRAM or more – See supported List */**
    SYSTEM RAM: 4GB
    Resolution: 720p@30FPS
    Video Preset: Low
    VSync: Off
    RECOMMENDED

Resolution: 1080p@ ~60FPS
    Video Preset: High
    VSync: Off
    OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2500K | AMD FX-6350 or equivalent
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX680/GTX760/GTX970/GTX1060 with 2 GB VRAM or more | AMD Radeon R9 280X/R9 380/RX470 with 2 GB VRAM or more – See supported List */**
    SYSTEM RAM: 8GB

Just got the invite to the closed beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

got my code for the closed beta I didn't get an email had to retrieve it from Ubisoft account.

I've been following this for some time it seems very like an arcade game
    i'll try the beta over the weekend but i'm not sure if its a day one purchase for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

could be in your spam folder

I played the alpha and it wasn't my type of game at all, got an email about the beta there which said I could invite 3 people so if anyone on xbox wants one shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Got my invite tonight for the Beta. Downloading her now :)

Damn, nothing in my inbox. If anyone can invite extras for PC pop me a message please.

Damn, nothing in my inbox. If anyone can invite extras for PC pop me a message please.

Uplay name?

Anyone who got the email today got 3 invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I played the alpha and it wasn't my type of game at all, got an email about the beta there which said I could invite 3 people so if anyone on xbox wants one shout.

ill take an invite if you still have one,cheers:D

I didn't get an invite and i'd love one if anyone has any to spare. Uplay is Quetz84 on PC, if that matters...

I didn't get an invite and i'd love one if anyone has any to spare. Uplay is Quetz84 on PC, if that matters...

Sent you one.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    ill take an invite if you still have one,cheers:D

Whats your uplay name or gamertag Cotts?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Uplay name?

Anyone who got the email today got 3 invites.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

I have a ps4 code if anyone wants it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

No email yet. Any spares would love one.

Bit worried about the P2P Servers though..

Advertisement