Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

BandMember wrote: »
    So, you are in an FTTC area then? If that is the case then speeds vary depending on the distance of your house to the exchange/cabinet - but you you can't just say it's a blanket thing for your entire area as some houses will have faster speeds than others. Have you tried using your Eircode to get an exact speed to your house?

Yes we're FTTC. We are 1 mile from Cabinet. Last time I checked was 14Mbs.

I'll check again using Eircode. Considering the best offers on Midband also involve contracts Fibre might be worth it.

However given the Corona outbreak, there might be a delay in getting Fibre set up.

Thanks for a reminder on using the Eircode.

I just checked speeds.

My Vodafone 4g is 90+Mb

My possible Fibre speed with Vodafone is 15+Mb.

Unless I've done the Tests wrong Midband is the only option.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I just checked speeds.

My Vodafone 4g is 90+Mb

My possible Fibre speed with Vodafone is 15+Mb.

Unless I've done the Tests wrong Midband is the only option.

its probably will be faster but data limits are low and with iptv u need a high limit and unlimited if possiblle

Nowso wrote: »
    its probably will be faster but data limits are low and with iptv u need a high limit and unlimited if possiblle

Is 750gb considered low.

How much use would I get from 750gb in general

Is 750gb considered low.

How much use would I get from 750gb in general

low if your using a lot of fhd internet - fair usage of 1tb on spme and eir has now unlimited on some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

low if your using a lot of fhd internet - fair usage of 1tb on spme and eir has now unlimited on some

VF unlimited siro is your man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

VF unlimited siro is your man

Hi I’m tryin to decide on Siro and whether to choose Vodafone or sky to offer it ... I see you seem to be giving Vodafone siro a thumps up... u finding it really good? U don’t know anyone with shy to compare service to ?

LillySV wrote: »
    Hi I’m tryin to decide on Siro and whether to choose Vodafone or sky to offer it ... I see you seem to be giving Vodafone siro a thumps up... u finding it really good? U don’t know anyone with shy to compare service to ?

packages like vodafone red have content protection that can block iptv that need to be disabled if possible

packages like vodafone red have content protection that can block iptv that need to be disabled if possible

Ref VF red,I can't say but on siro VF I'm on IPTV is grand,went through a bit of a blip last year but I'm on unlimited download 1gb for e35 a month,( max speed I got was 565mb but normally get over 260+)

Ref VF red,I can't say but on siro VF I'm on IPTV is grand,went through a bit of a blip last year but I'm on unlimited download 1gb for e35 a month,( max speed I got was 565mb but normally get over 260+)
    this screenshot is via WiFi sorry won't accept screenshot

• Advertisement

Is that max speed wired or wireless

Jesas I don’t like the sound of that .... Vodafone have always been known to be a pack of b@strds so it doesn’t surprise me ... I do plan on using iptv and downloading so don’t want to be having issues there ... has anyone here got siro through sky ? Just wondering if they any different.

Jesas I don’t like the sound of that .... Vodafone have always been known to be a pack of b@strds so it doesn’t surprise me ... I do plan on using iptv and downloading so don’t want to be having issues there ... has anyone here got siro through sky ? Just wondering if they any different.

sky have a parental thing you can turn off -

It's vodaphone siro ,1TB

Wired 500 up,wifi 250/65 up-tgats with IPTV/ 2 phones/ Nvidia shield connected most of the time when we're in,most I got without IPTV was 750mb,speeds drop significantly when IPTV is running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

It's a court order. The order is against Eircom/Eir, Sky Ireland, Sky Subscriber Services, Virgin Media Ireland and Vodafone Ireland. You are best to go with another. I'm with Westnet myself they don't do any blocking

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/court-orders-internet-providers-to-block-illegal-streaming-of-live-football-matches-from-next-month-937093.html

It's a court order. The order is against Eircom/Eir, Sky Ireland, Sky Subscriber Services, Virgin Media Ireland and Vodafone Ireland. You are best to go with another. I'm with Westnet myself they don't do any blocking

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/court-orders-internet-providers-to-block-illegal-streaming-of-live-football-matches-from-next-month-937093.html

Don’t know much about vpn but if I paid for vpn would that hide it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Don’t know much about vpn but if I paid for vpn would that hide it ?

Yes some VPN's will unlock geo-restrictions and some don't. All these threads end up talking about the subject we are not supposed to be talking about...

To get info on IPTV, Kodi(3rd party) and the likes you are best looking for sites
    that permit the discussion.

Yes they work on Android Boxes, etc... The likes of IPTV will run on 10 - 5MB
    Broadband. The problem with most is their servers, not your BB.

Also yes VPN's and smart DNS work on most devices too and allow you to circumvent ISP blocks, etc.

You would need to research that elsewhere. I will say some of the more reputable VPN's(that don't keep logs), do not circumvent blocks....
    Due to pressure from the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Anyone know why the Mecool M8s play store doesn't have the Disney plus app available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

glic83 wrote: »
    Anyone know why the Mecool M8s play store doesn't have the Disney plus app available?

It probably does not support it, you might need to find a patched version for your box and sideload it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

bazzz wrote: »
      It probably does not support it, you might need to find a patched version for your box and sideload it.

Sorry it's actually a KM 9 Pro not that old

1. Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Still the same applies, I'd imagine. The likes of Minix, Nvidia Shield, Mi boxes
        have the Android TV version of D+.

1. Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

bazzz wrote: »
        Still the same applies, I'd imagine. The likes of Minix, Nvidia Shield, Mi boxes
        have the Android TV version of D+.

Just strange when it's a Google certified box, you'd expect more

2. Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

its on my mi box s if i wanted it

some of the rom mecool versions have different versions of playstore so that may vary

3. Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Mine has it. I got it from the play store. I installed it after christmas for the mandalorian, but it had no audio when it installed. I checked it again the next day to have a proper go it at, and the app updated, audio and everything else works since.
        But, I think I remember I had to change region to USA to get it, I used Surfshark VPN, as Disney+ wasn't available in Ireland at the time.

4. Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Hoping someone can give me a bit of direction.
        I have a minix box, its about 4 years old approx. I think its this model, MINIX Neo X8-H Plus if I recall correctly.
        I bought it via recommendations here for options on adverts.ie

Anyway I accidentally reset it to factory settings :(
        It came pre-loaded with apps so I think I've wiped them now.

So my question is would I be better to purchase something newer more up to date? An if so what are the latest boxes?

Or could I try an load it again myself (had Kodi-which I never got the hang of and other apps I probably cant mention here)

I have an LG smart TV- 2 years old

any assistance would be very grateful

5. Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Framed10 wrote: »
        Hoping someone can give me a bit of direction.
        I have a minix box, its about 4 years old approx. I think its this model, MINIX Neo X8-H Plus if I recall correctly.
        I bought it via recommendations here for options on adverts.ie

Anyway I accidentally reset it to factory settings :(
        It came pre-loaded with apps so I think I've wiped them now.

So my question is would I be better to purchase something newer more up to date? An if so what are the latest boxes?

Or could I try an load it again myself (had Kodi-which I never got the hang of and other apps I probably cant mention here)

I have an LG smart TV- 2 years old

any assistance would be very grateful

I'd sideload the apps you actually used and see how it performs. Better way of seeing if you need to upgrade or not.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

6. Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

I'd sideload the apps you actually used and see how it performs. Better way of seeing if you need to upgrade or not.

Thank you.
        can I ask how I would do that or maybe it cant be discussed?

7. Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Framed10 wrote: »
        Thank you.
        can I ask how I would do that or maybe it cant be discussed?

Not specific to your device, but for generic advice, this is quite a handy guide:

https://androidpcreview.com/how-to-sideload-apps/

Search ApksApps on reddit, the megathread there should give you the apps you're after, can't say what to look for or where to look after that, can't link to specifics, but plenty of options there.

If it has Google play store, obviously add the ones available from there for ease!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

8. Advertisement
      9. Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If it was working fine before the reset then I'd try reloading whatever you had on it again .

Without going into specifics was it just IPTV you used it for ?

Advertisement