Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

ShaneU wrote: »
    settings > itunes and app store > view apple id > manage subscriptions

I dont seem to have manage subscriptions there. There is only a manage newsletters and I can't find anything there

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭corm500

Just tested it there, worked fine for me. Videos don't stream but the audio plays through the TV no problem.

Restarted the Apple TV and iPad and hey presto all working fine. Full cover art and sounds great through the speakers I have connected to the TV. I can even change tracks with the Apple TV remote. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I can't see an option anywhere in my itunes library on my laptop to enable icloud for my library- the only stuff that's showing up in my music app on my phone is the stuff stored locally on my phone. I've tried following the instructions about itunes>preferences>turn on icloud, but there's nothing in preferences.

Am I just missing something really obvious???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I can't see an option anywhere in my itunes library on my laptop to enable icloud for my library- the only stuff that's showing up in my music app on my phone is the stuff stored locally on my phone. I've tried following the instructions about itunes>preferences>turn on icloud, but there's nothing in preferences.

Am I just missing something really obvious???

You have to wait for iTunes 12.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You have to wait for iTunes 12.2.

Ah. Fair enough! Thanks for that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Loving everything except the dumb bouncing red balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I can't seem to add songs to My Music. I can't enable iCloud Music or something. What's that about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I can't seem to add songs to My Music. I can't enable iCloud Music or something. What's that about?

Server being hammered probably. Restart and keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Loving everything except the dumb bouncing red balls.

Yeah and the choice of acts to add from there is quite limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yeah and the choice of acts to add from there is quite limited.

Keep tapping more artists. I got some really obscure artists in my lists. Keep tapping and refining and you'll get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

Make sure you lock down your username under the My Music page!
    Some hilarious ones taken on reddit already, some guy got @obama.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/3bnlqy/fyi_lock_down_your_apple_music_name_before_it/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Keep tapping more artists. I got some really obscure artists in my lists. Keep tapping and refining and you'll get there.

I did that but after a while only one comes up at a time and they're ones I'd never be interested in. Taylor Swift came up once for God's sake and I have none of her stuff in my library and deselected pop and hit songs in the initial stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just tried it. Served up loads of music I like. It's cool that the artists pages have videos, live albums and b-sides too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

trying it now for an hour I'm pretty happy with it, always wished apple would do something like this. If they brought this service to the PS4 id be totally complete in all my needs for gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

A little birdie has told me that you can expect iTunes to appear after 4pm Cupertino time which is about midnight here.

iTunes 12.2 is out now, on my App store updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Downloading now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Close enough to midnight :D

I'd say they're just trying to balance server loads.

There have been issues before when everyone's tried downloading everything simultaneously and it all starts to crawl.

Better to stagger things I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Zane Lowe playing 5am-7am GMT this morning. Kinda disappointed to have him on that early in out time zone especially with the Eminem interview.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Zane Lowe playing 5am-7am GMT this morning. Kinda disappointed to have him on that early in out time zone especially with the Eminem interview.

Shame it's so early for us. Since the first episode was turned into a playlist, I would hope that each 'episode' playlist has a recording of the interview as well.
    I have to say, I am really enjoying Beats One, I didn't think it would be up my street at all and already have a handful of new songs on my commute playlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Shame it's so early for us. Since the first episode was turned into a playlist, I would hope that each 'episode' playlist has a recording of the interview as well.
    I have to say, I am really enjoying Beats One, I didn't think it would be up my street at all and already have a handful of new songs on my commute playlist.

Good thinking. I did see that on the blog it says 5am/pm so maybe 12 hours later it's a repeat? We shall know more tomorrow I guess.

Yeah it's a repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Future Primitive

The 'For You' section is excellent. For me anyway. So much stuff to listen to!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Downloaded it this morning and just being able to listen to music I don't have is great. And it seems to be working great *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Also I only worked out the reason why zane Lowe left BBC radio 1 after I downloaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I know I dont have to worry about it for 3 months , but if I take up itunes match (which puts my music in the cloud) , I can keep the radio stations and pay €25 per year as opposed to €120 ?

I'm not that bothered about apple recommending music to me. And if I can keep the curated radio stations then I get new music pushed to me.

Or am I missing something obvious ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

I can't seem to play my own music on the new App. The albums are there and icloud is activated but when i click on a track nothing happens. New tracks that I've streamed from the service are playing ok. Anyone any ideas?

horgan_p wrote: »
    I know I dont have to worry about it for 3 months , but if I take up itunes match (which puts my music in the cloud) , I can keep the radio stations and pay €25 per year as opposed to €120 ?

I'm not that bothered about apple recommending music to me. And if I can keep the curated radio stations then I get new music pushed to me.

Or am I missing something obvious ?

Are you sure about us getting iTunes Radio with iTunes Match? That's how it is in the US and Aus, where the radio stations are free with ads and iTunes Match users get them ad-free and skippable. But that hadn't rolled out internationally yet and radio is currently listed as a feature of Apple Music.

• Advertisement

greyc wrote: »
    I can't seem to play my own music on the new App. The albums are there and icloud is activated but when i click on a track nothing happens. New tracks that I've streamed from the service are playing ok. Anyone any ideas?

Try restarting. If they are matched/uploaded tracks from another computer/device it could be server issues.

Advertisement