Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

higster wrote: »
    Lads

Anyone know if it (or will it) work with sonos? Can't find it on sonos app...

not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

higster wrote: »
    Lads

Anyone know if it (or will it) work with sonos? Can't find it on sonos app...

Not yet but it is rumoured to be in ios9 which should be available by year end. I heard October, Pre Christmas and year end so take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

galljga1 wrote: »
    Not yet but it is rumoured to be in ios9 which should be available by year end. I heard October, Pre Christmas and year end so take your pick.

Yeah...should have googled myself first...end of year seems to be consistent.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/06/28/apple-music-sonos/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Really loving this now that all my music has uploaded overnight. The curated playlists are fantastic, found a load of great new stuff so far.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

The curated playlists are fantastic, found a load of great new stuff so far.

This is my favorite part so far. They clearly want people to listen to new music. Makes sense too if it's "all access". With Spotify I found myself listening to the same music a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Is it possible to create folders within playlists like spotify?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Stab*City wrote: »

You can in iTunes and they'll appear in iOS, but you can't create them in iOS yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Only being able to skip 6 songs per hour on the radio stations is pretty pathetic for a premium service though.

That would actually put me off paying for it.

I find I skip a few songs, then it gives me a warning message, then I stop listening.

Actually, is this a glitch of some sort as it's listed as a premium feature... and I thought this was a 'full featured' trial.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven't really been listing to radio but I just tried it there on my iPhone and it let me skip more than 6.

Is this with happening with iTunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    One question I have is when you are listening to tracks in my music, do they shuffle between what is already in your phone and streaming?

Best to know so I don't destroy my data allowance.
    Yes. I don't think there's an option to disable cellular streaming yet, so just make sure to stick to playlists that have been downloaded for offline listening.

You can actually.

Click on My Music
    > Songs
    > show music available offline

Then it will only shuffle your own music and not stream anything.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to download songs and keep them permanently,from Apple Music?

zorro2566 wrote: »

No. You can download for offline listening as long as you are subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,163 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

zorro2566 wrote: »

Don't think the record companies would be too keen on that arrangement somehow!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Razor Russ

You can in iTunes and they'll appear in iOS, but you can't create them in iOS yet.

I created a playlist from apple music on my iPad last night no problem. Synced across my iOS devices with no issues

Razor Russ wrote: »
    I created a playlist from apple music on my iPad last night no problem. Synced across my iOS devices with no issues

I was referring to playlist folders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Never even knew this feature existed! :D
    Liking Spotify more by the day!

My own thoughts ... Will give Apple Music a few months before trying ... see what extra features come with IOS9 etc.

There seems to be some content issues too which will get ironed out over time.

Will keep an open mind on Spotify V Apple Music

Not ready to write off Spotify just yet

Competition is always good for the consumer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I just created a playlist on my 6 plus. Added a few albums from that genre to the playlist and it actually dumped all the single tracks into the playlist instead of the albums.

So do you have to create a separate playlist for every album?

Looks like it also added the albums to the Library section which is a little better. But still very rigid compared to Spotify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I haven't really been listing to radio but I just tried it there on my iPhone and it let me skip more than 6.

Is this with happening with iTunes?

Seems to be iTunes mini player only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Never even knew this feature existed! :D
    Liking Spotify more by the day!

My own thoughts ... Will give Apple Music a few months before trying ... see what extra features come with IOS9 etc.

There seems to be some content issues too which will get ironed out over time.

Will keep an open mind on Spotify V Apple Music

Not ready to write off Spotify just yet

Competition is always good for the consumer!

Yeah: open mind for me too. However, I will have to wait until Sonos integration to decide, as this is what I listen to at least 50% of the time. I have not seen anything so far to tempt me away from Deezer.

I just created a playlist on my 6 plus. Added a few albums from that genre to the playlist and it actually dumped all the single tracks into the playlist instead of the albums.

So do you have to create a separate playlist for every album?

Looks like it also added the albums to the Library section which is a little better. But still very rigid compared to Spotify.

No, you can add any songs you like to a playlist, including whole albums.

I’m not really sure what you mean about songs appearing individually vs as albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So this sort of makes iTunes Match redundant then? No need to renew the sub?

Would that be only if you are a Apple Music subscriber or will it be like Google Play where you still have access to your cloud library even if you dont subscribe?

adox wrote: »
    So this sort of makes iTunes Match redundant then? No need to renew the sub?
    Pretty much.

There is an issue with matched tracks downloaded from Apple Music being DRM’d (not DRM-free like with iTunes Match) which has some people all hot and bothered, but since most users will either stay with Apple Music long-term or switch back to iTunes Match, it’s mostly irrelevant.
    Would that be only if you are a Apple Music subscriber or will it be like Google Play where you still have access to your cloud library even if you dont subscribe?

No, there’s no cloud library without either Apple Music or iTunes Match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭shanec1928

anyone thinking of cancelling itunes match should have a look at this

I mentioned the DRM issue above. I really don’t think it’s a big problem. Most people will have a locally stored copy of their library on one of their machines. Anyone who uploads their whole library to Match/iCloud and then deletes it is crazy.

The bigger issue here, which has received less attention, is just how flaky and unreliable Match/Music Library is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

does anyone have the problem where you if you shuffle your playlist on iTunes it'll only play a certain few, and then just stop? No problems so far on the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Am I missing something or is this not a thing?

Say I'm listening to Apple Music on my Mac through iTunes, can I continue listening on my phone without interruption. Sort of like Handoff for other apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Am I missing something or is this not a thing?

Say I'm listening to Apple Music on my Mac through iTunes, can I continue listening on my phone without interruption. Sort of like Handoff for other apps?

I have found, it won't pick up immediately the song you were just playing on your mac, it'll just stop playing on your mac and go to the last song you were playing on your iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Can anyone explain how to fix the mess ive caused myself?

I have icloud music turned on for my iphone otherwise i cannot send albums to my music on phone. I turned icloud music on for my mac on itunes and it started adding my entire library to to the cloud and appearing on my phone, as it should i guess.

I then realised my library is not in great order, some albums split, usual crap, so my phone looks a mess now. I have since turned the icloud music setting on my mac off, but music is still showing in my phone.

How do i remove these albums? Also why are some albums in apple music showing greyed out unplayable songs?

Sorry lots of questions just didnt think this would be confusing.

• Advertisement

Alright, you probably shouldn’t have turned it off midstream. That’s where things can get very messy. The music library syncing aspect of Apple Music simply doesn’t work properly and can seriously screw up your library if you aren’t careful.

I’d suggest turning it back on, wait until it’s finished and everything has synced across to your phone. Then start tidying up your Mac library.

Also make sure you have a backup of your music library. Trust me.

Advertisement