Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How do I get this for my Macbook? Is it through my regular iTunes?

You need iTunes 12.2, which isn’t out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I can't enable iCloud Music Library which is making it impossible to make things available off line ..

:confused:

... oh it's a server glitch.. Just keep hammering it over and over until it works seems to be the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I can't enable iCloud Music Library which is making it impossible to make things available off line ..

... oh it's a server glitch.. Just keep hammering it over and over until it works seems to be the solution.

Worked for me.... eventually :cool:

Is there anywhere to view / adjust the streaming rates?

I'm just going to put on some very good headphones and compare spotify at max stream rate vs Apple Music and see if I can tell the difference..

--- edit ---

Not really hearing much difference at all... certainly none I can hear anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ok so i can't get I cloud music to turn on settings-music so none of my library is available!

Same on iPhone and iPad. Very confusing. Just keep getting a "can't be enabled try later" message. :confused:

Edit: as soon as I posted it started working

• Advertisement

Is there anywhere to view / adjust the streaming rates?

I'm just going to put on some very good headphones and compare spotify at max stream rate vs Apple Music and see if I can tell the difference..

--- edit ---

Not really hearing much difference at all... certainly none I can hear anyway.

Spotify streams @320 Kbps I think and I'm sure Apple will stream MP4 at a similar rate so I don't think you would hear any noticeable difference unless you were streaming lossless.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

adox wrote: »
    Ok so i can't get I cloud music to turn on settings-music so none of my library is available!

Same on iPhone and iPad. Very confusing. Just keep getting a "can't be enabled try later" message. :confused:

Edit: as soon as I posted it started working

Not working for me either, despite several attempts to select "Merge". Afraid to hit "Replace"...do I need to be subscribed to iTunes Match?

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Not working for me either, despite several attempts to select "Merge". Afraid to hit "Replace"...do I need to be subscribed to iTunes Match?

I'm pretty sure you do if you want to access your home library. I subscribe to iTunes Match but it still wasn't working but has sorted itself out now.

adox wrote: »
    Spotify streams @320 Kbps I think and I'm sure Apple will stream MP4 at a similar rate so I don't think you would hear any noticeable difference unless you were streaming lossless.

Tidal HiFi is a definitely noticeable.

Wonder will Apple do a less lossy version ? I've tons of data allowance and super-fast broadband and would subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If I could just get the cloud library to work I'd be laughing. Love the UI, slick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Could someone import my spotify playlists over please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Itunes 12.2 downloading for me now. Not through iTunes or the App Store but by going into the Music section of the Apple website and click on the download link there. Strange that it isn't there as an update.

Might all go pear shaped and stop downloading before I get to the end but I'll let you know.

Not getting any of the listed sub radio stations to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Itunes 12.2 downloading for me now. Not through iTunes or the App Store but by going into the Music section of the Apple website and click on the download link there. Strange that it isn't there as an update.

Might all go pear shaped and stop downloading before I get to the end but I'll let you know.
    Are you sure it's not 12.1.2? That's all that's showing there for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

guil wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not 12.1.2? That's all that's showing there for me.

Ah bugger you're right! Damn my eyes seeing what they want to see as opposed to what's actually there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ok weirdness,

Only on certain artists can I see My Music and All Music. Hopefully just teething issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is there a way to copy playlists from spotify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Future Primitive

Worked for me.... eventually :cool:

Still won't work for me. :( Tried tons of times!

First play: Heartbreakin' Man by MMJ. :)

Worked the second I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

Trying to Airplay Apple music from iPad Air to Apple TV. Not letting me do this, same with mirroring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

Also there is no home sharing option in music anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Is it looking for 9.99 upfront for anyone else? Won't let me start the free trial without paying 9.99(I use iTunes cards not c/c)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

corm500 wrote: »
    Trying to Airplay Apple music from iPad Air to Apple TV. Not letting me do this, same with mirroring :(

Just tested it there, worked fine for me. Videos don't stream but the audio plays through the TV no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Antibac wrote: »
    Is it looking for 9.99 upfront for anyone else? Won't let me start the free trial without paying 9.99(I use iTunes cards not c/c)

I think they're asking you upfront for money but won't take it until the day the three month trial ends, and only if you don't cancel the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Zcott wrote: »
    I think they're asking you upfront for money but won't take it until the day the three month trial ends, and only if you don't cancel the service.

Thank You

How do you cancel it? It says on your account but I can't seem to find it. Or do you need to cancel it through a laptop? More than likely keep it but just in case!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I very impressed with the curated playlists popping up in the For You tab. Really good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sound quality is very poor compared to my locally stored files of the same song. Strange thing is the local file is 256 kbps (VBR) AAC, I thought the streaming was meant to be 256k too? I was streaming over wifi too so connection not the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Antibac wrote: »
    Thank You

How do you cancel it? It says on your account but I can't seem to find it. Or do you need to cancel it through a laptop? More than likely keep it but just in case!

settings > itunes and app store > view apple id > manage subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

If you ask Siri to play Beats One, she says it's not available here yet. Strange.

Very impressed with the playlists on it, haven't come across a bad one yet.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sound quality is very poor compared to my locally stored files of the same song. Strange thing is the local file is 256 kbps (VBR) AAC, I thought the streaming was meant to be 256k too? I was streaming over wifi too so connection not the problem.

I assume streaming quality varies depending on the connection. There doesn't appear to be a quality setting like in Spotify. You'd probably have to save the track for offline listening to get the full 256kps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nothing will add to my music :( Some things transfer into the folder (most don't) but then there's nothing there and they don't play, the icon doesn't appear properly. Grr

Advertisement