Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Doubt it will be in Ireland on launch. The apple IE site says coming soon whereas the U.S. site says 6-30-15 (crazy date format for 30-6-15). Why would this be different unless it was to lag behind the U.S. launch?

So you think it will be USA only on the 30th?

"Apple Music will be available starting on June 30 in over 100 countries."

https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/06/08Introducing-Apple-Music-All-The-Ways-You-Love-Music-All-in-One-Place-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Doubt it will be in Ireland on launch. The apple IE site says coming soon whereas the U.S. site says 6-30-15 (crazy date format for 30-6-15). Why would this be different unless it was to lag behind the U.S. launch?

UK are getting it on the 30th and their site still says coming soon too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

We aren't good enough to make the first tier of product launches, but I image we are good enough to make it into the first 100 countries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

So the iOS 8.4 update is out at 4pm tomorrow. With the Beats 1 radio station starting live broadcasting an hour later. It would have been confirmed by now if it wasn't coming to the Irish store tomorrow. Apple would have been keen to get ahead of any negativity a "surprise" tiered release would generate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any word on the euro subscription price, whatever day it rolls out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

So the iOS 8.4 update is out at 4pm tomorrow. With the Beats 1 radio station starting live broadcasting an hour later. It would have been confirmed by now if it wasn't coming to the Irish store tomorrow. Apple would have been keen to get ahead of any negativity a "surprise" tiered release would generate.

My monthly Spotify premium is due to be charged the day after tomorrow. Wouldn't mind cancelling if Music was out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭nokia211

Any word on the euro subscription price, whatever day it rolls out?

No sadly not yet but the reports indicate it will probably be €9.99 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Beats1 is streaming for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Same here, but it's just a non-stop trailer for Beats 1 and they all sound like they've had way too much coffee.

irish , uk and aussie sites still saying 'coming soon'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

In the promo Lowe did mention L.A. And New York and said see you son London. I'm probably reading too much into it.

Beats 1 is playing Brian Eno now.

https://www.facebook.com/events/908082079230165/

apple music facebook event page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Hi folks, according to the poll, there appears to be a lot of switchers to Apple Music.
    At the moment, I use Deezer which is lossless with Sonos.
    What are the reasons to entice you to switch.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, according to the poll, there appears to be a lot of switchers to Apple Music.

Family plan seems to be the one most often mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Im switching as I'm sick of being a pawn of spotify's UI experiments (every time I log in). Apple music is integrated and will keep its UI changes to yearly releases as opposed to every 4 weeks.

Couldn't give a monkeys about quality or integration with 3rd party speakers as I mostly listen to music In the office on headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Personally I like that you can mix in your own music collection in playlists with streamed music from the store. I also just hate spotify, no real reason I just took against it. I've been using google play but it seems to add extra copies of songs to my playlists which is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I trialed all the services over the last year or two and found Beats Music to have the most enjoyable UI.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well, I haven’t used it yet obviously, but the main thing for me is integration. My iTunes music library is almost 15 years old. I’m looking forward to finally having all my music in one place, without having to switch back and forth between apps or screw around with cables.

The second would be the user experience. Spotify is one of the ugliest apps I’ve ever used. It reminds me of one of those awful multi-platform apps that ran on Java. Hell, maybe it is Java, that would explain everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

is it released in ireland today ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

is it released in ireland today ?

Maybe.

It’s released in the US today. Possibly the rest of the world as well. Nobody really knows tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well 8.4 is out today so I'd expect us to have the Music app.

Family plan seems to be the one most often mentioned

Yeah family plan vs spotify, I can understand. That is the main reason I switched to Deezer from Spotify. I was sick of being kicked out if someone else fired up a device. Currently we have Deezer playing three different songs on three different devices, no probs.

I am looking forward to ios 9 when the 25,000 limit is increased to 100,000. Apple Music will also be compatible with Sonos which may sway me.
    Deezer Premium is lossless with Sonos but I am not sure that my much abused ears can tell the difference anymore. Mainly, music is in the background. If I want to sit down and listen to music, I revert to CD or cassette, yes, cassette: much warmer sound.

As you can see from the above, I am a bit of a dinosaur but I loves me gadgets same as I loves me metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I am looking forward to ios 9 when the 25,000 limit is increased to 100,000. Apple Music will also be compatible with Sonos which may sway me.
    Deezer Premium is lossless with Sonos but I am not sure that my much abused ears can tell the difference anymore. Mainly, music is in the background. If I want to sit down and listen to music, I revert to CD or cassette, yes, cassette: much warmer sound.

As you can see from the above, I am a bit of a dinosaur but I loves me gadgets same as I loves me metal.

What does this even mean?

Yeah family plan vs spotify, I can understand.

When Apple was unveiled, Spotify made noises about matching the family plan offer but I haven't heard anything since. If they leave it till Christmas or something they could find the horse has bolted...

murpho999 wrote: »
    What does this even mean?

Hard to define without listening.
    Personally I would say that the treble is less emphasised. I hate sibilance and some harsh high frequency sounds which can be overemphasised on some CDs I have, less so on the same album on cassette. That is why I still keep cassettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I just don't like the Spotify UI, and never have. Looking forward to giving this one a whirl but I'm undecided as to whether to subscribe or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Zcott wrote: »
    I just don't like the Spotify UI, and never have. Looking forward to giving this one a whirl but I'm undecided as to whether to subscribe or not...

Yeah what I find with Spotify app is that if you go deep into something, you have to keep pressing back maybe up to 5 times just to get back to the home page of it. Not very well organised.

Here is a pretty good article for all there is to know before this afternoon :)

http://www.cultofmac.com/327622/apple-music-faq/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

What about CrossFade? - handy feature on Spotify for playlists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Even if we don't get the new Music service today I'll look forward to the new music app.

I rarely use Spotify, I think I'd use the Apple service more due to the fact it's integrated and I hate having separate apps.

I agree with the above though, never been a big fan of the UI. Very dark and a lot of slide out menus. I can see the Apple version being a lot simpler.

Advertisement