Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Very impressed so far, just 2 issues that ive come across. The app has frozen on me about 3 times now and become completely unresponsive.
    Also for around 3-4 songs that ive hit play on, a completely different song will come on. Was listening to a jimi hendrix playlist and a fleetwood mac song came on in the middle of it, the song title and album artwork were hendrix related as expected but the song that played was Dreams :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Alright, you probably shouldn’t have turned it off midstream. That’s where things can get very messy. The music library syncing aspect of Apple Music simply doesn’t work properly and can seriously screw up your library if you aren’t careful.

I’d suggest turning it back on, wait until it’s finished and everything has synced across to your phone. Then start tidying up your Mac library.

Also make sure you have a backup of your music library. Trust me.

I have a back up of it, thankfully! Would deleting the music from itunes completely speed this up and then re add the back up library and begin the process again or just turn it back on is the safer option?

Why cant life be straight forward lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Would deleting the music from itunes completely speed this up and then re add the back up library and begin the process again or just turn it back on is the safer option?
    No, deleting the library is a recipe for disaster. You could end up duplicating everything in the cloud.

Just turn it back on and let it finish.

No, deleting the library is a recipe for disaster. You could end up duplicating everything in the cloud.

Just turn it back on and let it finish.

No easy way out of this for me i see lol phones so laggy since i turned it on, does uploading to the cloud eat into your storage plan in icloud? I dont fancy paying more for hitting the on button!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, it doesn’t use your storage. You can upload/match up to 25k songs.

• Advertisement

No, it doesn’t use your storage. You can upload/match up to 25k songs.

Ok well thats good news it doesnt use my plan! Il take your advice upload and begin a clean up on my mac library, hopefully that makes the phone more organised.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Question for the learned folk.

The vast majority of my own music collection was ripped years ago from CDs at a lower than ideal bit rate. With storage now cheap I've been wanting to replace as much of that I can with higher bit rate rips. I no longer own the physical CDs as they were donated to a charity shop after ripping and before moving half way across the world.

Would a one off subscription to iTunes Match be worth it to upgrade my current library? And if I download them again from the cloud in higher bit rate before subscribing to Apple Music will I then have DRM versions of the high bit rate version to keep?

Senecio wrote: »
    Question for the learned folk.

The vast majority of my own music collection was ripped years ago from CDs at a lower than ideal bit rate. With storage now cheap I've been wanting to replace as much of that I can with higher bit rate rips. I no longer own the physical CDs as they were donated to a charity shop after ripping and before moving half way across the world.

Would a one off subscription to iTunes Match be worth it to upgrade my current library? And if I download them again from the cloud in higher bit rate before subscribing to Apple Music will I then have DRM versions of the high bit rate version to keep?

Im open to correction but i believe itunes match will give you DRM free versions, however when you upload it to apple music cloud it is not DRM free if you redownload that song

Would a one off subscription to iTunes Match be worth it to upgrade my current library?
    Perhaps, but you should be warned that it won’t match everything. It will stubbornly refuse to match random tracks despite getting everything else in an album. And what it does match might not be the exact same track. It could give you the same track from a different release of the same album, such as the remastered or censored version with different volume. This is more likely to happen with certain artists (older ones with a million different versions of the same album), but if you are fussy about stuff like this it could drive you crazy.
    And if I download them again from the cloud in higher bit rate before subscribing to Apple Music will I then have DRM versions of the high bit rate version to keep?
    If you download/upgrade them while on iTunes Match, yes, you’ll have the DRM-free versions to keep, but only on the computer you originally downloaded them to. What I mean is, Apple Music won’t replace them with the DRM versions but it won’t transfer the DRM-free versions to other devices either.

Thanks both for your responses. Not sure my OCD tendencies will cope with the mess that may ensue.

• Advertisement

Thanks both for your responses. Not sure my OCD tendencies will cope with the mess that may ensue.

Its too late for me, im balls deep in a clusterfu*k apple has unleashed on me with one simply button i clicked lol

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Its too late for me, im balls deep in a clusterfu*k apple has unleashed on me with one simply button i clicked lol

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I might still give it a go, but not before copying my collection to an external HDD.

I might still give it a go, but not before copying my collection to an external HDD.

Ive an external back up but from what i have been reading even if i delete my library its in the cloud now so it will only re download messed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Zhane wrote: »
    does anyone have the problem where you if you shuffle your playlist on iTunes it'll only play a certain few, and then just stop? No problems so far on the iPhone.

Ok, I think I've solved my own problem. Apparently the songs need to be checked (ticked) to play in shuffle mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

This may have already been answered, there doesn't appear to be a shuffle button on my own library, so I just choose a track from the big songs list and it plays through the many songs on my phone, however I often like to start work with the same song but each time I've done this the last few days it then plays all of the subsequent songs the same!? Is there any way of shuffling?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Can anyone help me with this?
    I am kind of liking Music so far, but while driving through a no-coverage area earlier I tried to listen to my own music, and it was pretty difficult. Most of all, I wanted to shuffle 3 albums from the one artist and still haven't figured out how :( anyone know what I'm doing wrong! It's probably dead easy I just had no idea how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm very happy with this. I'm not into playlists, likes, or 'social' features. I just want a streaming service integrated into the iTunes that I already know and love. Now I can have my streaming albums sitting alongside my ripped CD collection. That's pretty much all I'm after. It's a winner for me.

The shuffle button is in the bottom left corner of the now playing screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

The shuffle button is in the bottom left corner of the now playing screen.

Thanks sad professor.

Is anyone else finding the iPad Music app extremely unstable? I have a hard time getting through a playlist without it crashing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Is anyone else finding the iPad Music app extremely unstable? I have a hard time getting through a playlist without it crashing.

Yes I'm finding it buggy I created some playlists on launch day on the iPad and they only showed up this morning for the first time. Question when you play a playlist and half way through it you leave the App and go back to it the playlist will start over again should this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Interesting too. You can turn Apple Music off in settings->music. As far as I can see that downloads any cloud content I put into playlists.

That's a way to make a commutable playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A nice tip I read on MacWorld was how to turn off Connect which to date is pretty crap and it allows 'my playlists' to appear on the bottom on the screen beside 'my music' instead. Basically go into Restrictions and turn it off in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So it would appear Music has royally f*cked up my iTunes library. Songs are completely mistagged. Oh bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is there no 'For you' option on the iPad music app like there is on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It should be the first tab at the bottom?

Getting some absolute belters of recommendations. Think I found my new favourite band in Turbowolf.

Do you still have your original library stored on your Mac, Zapp? Or was it just in the cloud?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is there no 'For you' option on the iPad music app like there is on the phone?

Yeah there is. It’s on the bottom left, same as the iPhone. If you can’t see it you probably aren’t signed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yeah there is. It’s on the bottom left, same as the iPhone. If you can’t see it you probably aren’t signed in.

Signed in and my bottom left icon is 'My music'. Very strange.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Signed in and my bottom left icon is 'My music'. Very strange.

Settings > Music > enable Show Apple Music.

Advertisement