Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

rubadub wrote: »
    ... There was no way in hell it would have covered all chippers, it would be as unlikely as saying free cup of coffee in your local cafe. They should have really said it on the front that it was ITIAC chippers AND more importantly that it was BOGOF, I already guessed it would be those 2, or at least some sort of minimum spend.
    Eh, I've been clearly wronged. It says YOUR LOCAL CHIPPER not 'selected' or 'some' or 'in de kip area only'.
    I'm most disconcerted
    zAzISCB.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

snubbleste wrote: »
    Eh, I've been clearly wronged. It says YOUR LOCAL CHIPPER not 'selected' or 'some' or 'in de kip area only'.
    Not sure if you are joking. If not did you really think they contacted every single establishment in the country that could be possibly described as a chipper and get them to officially sign up for this?

That sounds utterly ridiculous which is why I think & hope you were joking. But some might not have thought it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Not sure if you are joking. If not did you really think they contacted every single establishment in the country that could be possibly described as a chipper and get them to officially sign up for this?

That sounds utterly ridiculous which is why I think & hope you were joking. But some might not have thought it through.

I for one am going to write a letter of complaint. It clearly says at your local chipper. My nearest one was 50 mins away...talk about deception!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

At first i was delighted to hear about it, now i'm feeling less chipper now :(:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Think you've been hooked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Confirmed on Twitter, it's Sunday Independent and Sunday World.

CdSJHtpUIAA7hls.png

https://twitter.com/Aldi_Ireland/status/708341807474606080

thx buddy..got one yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Aldi have updated their page for vouchers for this weekend, €10 off €50 again

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/eur10-voucher-terms-conditions/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TinyTot165 wrote: »
    Aldi have updated their page for vouchers for this weekend, €10 off €50 again

https://www.aldi.ie/en/about-aldi/information/eur10-voucher-terms-conditions/

Interesting that Aldi doing 10 off 50 and Lidl doing 20 off 100, they used to shadow each other.

Anyway Sunday world it is for both vouchers at 2.45(cheapest option)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

vicwatson wrote: »
    Interesting that Aldi doing 10 off 50 and Lidl doing 20 off 100, they used to shadow each other.

blast it anyway I wont spend €100 in Lidl, I could manage €50

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It seems tesco are countering them with customer email vouchers. I've gotten 15 off 75 and 12 off 60 in the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

casio4 wrote: »

Tesco take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I'm off to use the Aldi and Lidl vouchers from last week's Sunday World today - I'll use the Aldi one in Aldi but the Lidl one in Tesco, I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf. I hope the Sunday World next week has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm off to use the Aldi and Lidl vouchers from last week's Sunday World today - I'll use the Aldi one in Aldi but the Lidl one in Tesco, I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf. I hope the Sunday World next week has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers again :)

will dunnes take these?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf

Drink?
    will dunnes take these?

Nope.
    They have their own spend 50 and get a 10 off the next shop voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Drink?

Nope.
    They have their own spend 50 and get a 10 off the next shop voucher.
    Nope, don't drink (well not the hard stuff anyway)!

Just back from Tesco/Aldi - saved €20 off my weekly shopping by simply buying a €2.50 rag, feeling particularly smug. No hassle whatsoever with using the Lidl voucher in Tesco Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

vicwatson wrote: »

Lidl is doing 20 off 100 this weekend?
    Is it only Sunday that there will be vouchers ?

casio4 wrote: »
    I'd find it hard to spend the €50 in Lidl tbf
    Not 100% sure, but I think some people were buying phone credit in lidl with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Five minutes wandering around Lidl today to get the last fiver, as I had decided there was enough booze in the trolley. I now have a shoe-shine sponge and 20 single use "crushed ice" bags; both of which I need but wouldn't have bothered with; a jar of powdered lemongrass and a wedge of brie.

Aldi would be worse as bar a few items (the burgers, burger buns, 8 year old Scotch, tea and dishwasher tablets) I find a lot of their stuff inferior to Lidl and don't buy it. So I used that one in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not 100% sure, but I think some people were buying phone credit in lidl with them.

Yep.
    Lidl does phone credit, Aldi don't.

L1011 wrote: »
    Five minutes wandering around Lidl today to get the last fiver,
    :) I'm the same in tesco. I tot up the total on my phone and just barely go over 50euro

Seems lots of the drink offers in tesco have disappeared online. They were supposed to be running for a while longer. The 3x8x500ml cans were meant to be "valid from 13/3/2016 until 28/3/2016"

Lidl is doing 20 off 100 this weekend?
    That was meant to be on some facebook bargain alert page. I have not seen it on the lidl or newpapers sites yet.

• Advertisement

:) I'm the same in tesco. I tot up the total on my phone and just barely go over 50euro

Same here - phone out and got to 50.55.

Got bitten in Tesco by a huge misprice on some plant food once, was 14.99 and scanned well below (2.50) or so) and I ended up so far below 50 there was nothing on the checkout to bring it back above - all paracetemol products you could buy 1 of!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Same here - phone out and got to 50.55.
    Got bitten in Tesco by a huge misprice on some plant food once, was 14.99 and scanned well below (2.50) or so) and I ended up so far below 50 there was nothing on the checkout to bring it back above - all paracetemol products you could buy 1 of!
    Phone credit, caller. Gift it if necessary.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Yep.
    Lidl does phone credit, Aldi don't.

I didn't know that, thanks, as usually the older staff you know would let you off if you were a wee bit, but younger staff are sticklers & then you have a crowd behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

:)

Seems lots of the drink offers in tesco have disappeared online. They were supposed to be running for a while longer. The 3x8x500ml cans were meant to be "valid from 13/3/2016 until 28/3/2016".
    I have noticed this on their website quite a lot recently you can't rely on the date they say the offer runs until they keep changing it I bet the price of Guinness shoots up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Does LIDL do all the different types of phone credit is Vodafone, Meteor & 02.

hillbloom wrote: »
    Does LIDL do all the different types of phone credit is Vodafone, Meteor & 02.

I'd like to know that as well & i've noticed y'day Aldi are selling newspapers now, as Lidl have been doing it for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I'd like to know that as well & i've noticed y'day Aldi are selling newspapers now, as Lidl have been doing it for a while now.

http://www.lidl.ie/en/5740.htm

Thanks, sadly no Tesco :(

Tesco won't allow anyone else Tescomobile credit basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

Tesco won't allow anyone else Tescomobile credit basically.

No problem buying Tescomobile credit in our local Gala shop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement