Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I check all the special offers, like these which are loved in our house........http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268269346
    These are cheaper and imho just as nice..contain more chicken in fact http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264322508
    or
    even better 2 of these http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=288309287 and use 2 coupons
    Are you really a BAer at all at all? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats what I guessed, and with the abuse going on I reckon it has got to be pulled soon.

abuse?

I think you are over reacting!

I bought the Sunday World yesterday with my Tesco shop, spent €102, used the Lidl voucher,

Got home, realised after reading this that vouchers could be got, and since I had ordered €50 worth of goods in Argos, I could pick up a voucher, and the fire logs we use we're 3 for €4 in Tesco, and I could stock up and buy €52 worth,

Since I was in Dublin today, stopped off on the way in Tesco Naas, asked to speak to the manager on duty, asked if I could buy the Argos vouchers with the Aldi coupon, and she said there was no problem and no word from head office not to take them against vouchers. While I waited for the manager, less than 3 minutes, 3 people came up and bought vouchers with the aldi and Lidl vouchers at customer service.

I asked, and was given permission,

But it turned out they did not have the fire logs, so in the end I got €50 Argos voucher and €50 tesco voucher for €80.

abuse?

I think not,

Maybe I am wrong and as before someone will tell me I now have lost someone a job, but really.....

snubbleste wrote: »
    These are cheaper and imho just as nice..contain more chicken in fact http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264322508
    or
    even better 2 of these http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=288309287 and use 2 coupons
    Are you really a BAer at all at all? :p

:D

Himself will only eat branded food, won't touch Tesco...... :confused:

Big al on the other hand....... Have to check them out, thanks for that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just back from my local Aldi. Would anyone else agree that the 49c sprouts are of very poor quality? I got some in Tesco and they are much better, Tesco's being Irish and Aldi's being from Holland

Big al on the other hand....... Have to check them out, thanks for that!!
    In fact you could buy 16xBigAls + €2 yoke = €50 - €10 coupon - 16x€1 coupon = €24/16packs = €1.50 per 440g pack. Y'know to stock up.
    Honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Just back from my local Aldi. Would anyone else agree that the 49c sprouts are of very poor quality? I got some in Tesco and they are much better, Tesco's being Irish and Aldi's being from Holland

I've just eaten some sprouts purchased in Aldi today. They looked and tasted excellent. Nice fresh green and no withering outer leaves. I would prefer if they were Irish, though.

Mine were Dutch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Aldi sometimes have different supplier countries for the Super 6 Veg, I have regularly got Spanish tomatoes in one branch and Dutch in another while the same offer was running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They're 2 for a euro in SuperValu at the moment, a bit hit and miss on the quality though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

abuse?

I think you are over reacting!
    Abuse, "taking advantage", whatever you want to call it I still think the acceptance of vouchers like this will be pulled soon.

They are not supposed to sell gift vouchers, I took this to mean tesco ones though, not necessarily argos. However I would be 99% certain they are not making a profit on selling 50euro argos vouchers for 40 euro. I am 100% certain they did not make a profit on what I spent today, as the excise duty and VAT was above 80 euro.

Maybe the managers are trying to hit some sales figure and so allowing the sale of tesco vouchers, knowingly scamming their own company. I have no idea, I just know that the head office official statement says they are not meant to. I have seen salesmen I know not give a damn about company profits, just their own profits.

I am giving fair warning to take advantage while you can, I doubt it will last, and I can expect people to be saying "damn, I should have bought 2 papers that time", which happened before when the lidl/aldi ones stopped for a few months. I will be using up my second 100 voucher very soon, in case it stops quicker than I think.

To be honest,

It will all be over this week, hence pushing for year end figures, inflate them using the coupons without accounting for them.,

Anyway,

I was glad of the bargain. Hope I don't ruin it for everyone else,

Next coupons Easter?

Merry Christmas to all you guys,

Oh, my aldi only ever sell Dutch veg for some reason,

My sprouts are in my back garden, must pick them tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

is that the end of the vouchers now for another year?

M

phobia2011 wrote: »
    is that the end of the vouchers now for another year?

For 6 or so months if they repeat last years vouchers again during the summer :D

image.php?id=2&name=ALDI+%26+LIDL+Vouchers&byear=2015&dyear=2015&insc=Will+Be+Missed+By+Friends

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

is it the end of them? i would love more on Sunday in the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

To be honest,

It will all be over this week, hence pushing for year end figures, inflate them using the coupons without accounting for them.,

Anyway,

I was glad of the bargain. Hope I don't ruin it for everyone else,

Next coupons Easter?

Merry Christmas to all you guys,

Oh, my aldi only ever sell Dutch veg for some reason,

My sprouts are in my back garden, must pick them tomorrow :D

I was buying Irish sprouts up to 2 weeks ago in my local Aldi. Most veg that is in season is still Irish in that store. I must say the leeks are disappointing. They tend to be soft as if they've been stored for too long.

Happy Christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

So I've missed the voucher again?

Ah shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Milk has gone down :confused: It's still ~75c/l

I have not noticed price increases in Aldi. In fact, prices have fallen on some sliced meats, cheese, tea, biscuits, bread, nuts

Slim milk was 0.85 cent and for perhaps the last 9 months it has been reduced to 0.75 cent, that's a price reduction !!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

For 6 or so months if they repeat last years vouchers again during the summer :D

Aldi did a one-off voucher on the first or second Sunday of January this year. Might happen again.

There have also been vouchers on the two or so Sundays before Easter the past few years and I would imagine there's a reasonable likelihood of the same again next year.

Can't see the mad run of vouchers we had last summer happen again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Used my voucher to get ticketmaster vouchers in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I can see Tesco stopping taking these vouchers in the future if we keep abusing it buying gift cards.

M

I can see Tesco stopping taking these vouchers in the future if we keep abusing it buying gift cards.

Don't hate the player hate the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's not abusing it if they let people do it. All they have to do is make sure gift vouchers can't be bought using them, having it differ from store to store is their own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Tesco make the rules. Everybody is abiding by the current ruleset.

I cannot see how this is a problem until Tesco say so :confused:

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Tesco make the rules. Everybody is abiding by the current ruleset. I cannot see how this is a problem until Tesco say so :confused:
    Tesco already said so..http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    We do not accept spend & save coupons for the purchase of Gift cards..

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Don't hate the player hate the game

Oh I don't hate the player at all. I'm guilty of buying gift vouchers with the aldi vouchers myself. I have been refused by quite a few staff members in my local Tesco but there are one or two that don't have a problem sellling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Did a big shop last week split between Aldi and lidl for best effect.
    Was in lidl yesterday getting my turkey and some more bits.
    Will hit tesco for wine to take advantage of the wine offer I now know about. Some nice wines on the list.

Have to agree,any time I shop in tesco/, Dunne's its a few bags while in the German stores its a fully trolley for the same spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Who cares if they take them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco turnover will be up for Christmas period with people using vouchers from other stores, never a bad thing ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Would it be difficult to change a little bit of code that disallows the use of that scanned discount code thingy they have when the trolley total would have been less than the voucher conditions without the purchase of gift cards?

Tesco take these vouchers for a reason, firstly this voucher purchasing is carried out by a small minority, secondly, not many shoppers have the discipline some of us have in keeping our trolley total to the 50 or 100 etc, if they can't make money on a shop that size, even allowing for vouchers, they're doing something wrong.

They'd obviously prefer not to have to accept them, but they can also see the benefits, I certainly shift a lot of purchases to tesco when it's voucher season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    if they can't make money on a shop that size, even allowing for vouchers, they're doing something wrong.

Typical margins in the grocery sector are 6-7% (vastly higher margins on some items- versus others that are sold at barely more than cost). These are RGDATA industry figures. One of these vouchers are a straight 20% off. Unless the items being purchased have a ridiculously high markup- they are allowing money walk out the door. There were 2 lines in the 2014 Tesco annual report- referring directly to 'increased use of couponing in Ireland leading to lowering of margins'. Aka- it is hitting their bottom lines. To try and maintain margins they have let staff go, they have cut bonuses (for ordinary staff- cashiers etc)- and they are introducing enhanced self-scan facilities to allow them to reduce staffing requirements even more. In addition- they have redesigned all roles- every single staff member now spends time on the floor, every single day. You will find managers restocking shelves alongside their less illustrious colleagues etc etc

These coupons are hurting Tesco far more than you imagine. They are taking them in an effort to maintain market share- however, they are already in second place- and at risk of loosing their market point to current second place (Dunnes) (Musgraves are in first place).

The German multiples are both on around 8%- and growing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ Couldn't care less. The same company used to call us "Treasure Ireland".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement