Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend [Back March 2016]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you use the €20 against iTunes vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Massive queue in Aldi today at 12.25pm with all the people having to wait until 12.30pm to buy their wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

You're lucky you got away with this- it is specifically excluded under the terms and conditions. You got a cashier who wasn't familiar with the rules. You got lucky.

Which bit? Wine or vouchers? Just bought the wine once but have bought gift vouchers from four different cashiers over the last week. None battered an eye lid. Two were long time staff members.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lantus wrote: »
    Which bit? Wine or vouchers? Just bought the wine once but have bought gift vouchers from four different cashiers over the last week. None battered an eye lid. Two were long time staff members.

It doesn't matter how long term staff members they are- they all allowed you misuse the voucher. I'm not making this up- any of the Managers- or indeed the signage and explanation leaflets at the customer service desk clearly detail what you can and cannot use the vouchers for. Alongside giftcards- you're also not supposed to use them for phone credit, lottery tickets, petrol station sales (of any kind) or baby formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

You're lucky you got away with this- it is specifically excluded under the terms and conditions. You got a cashier who wasn't familiar with the rules. You got lucky.

I bought two EUR50.00 Debenhams gift cards in my local Tesco today, paid EUR80.00 with an Aldi voucher. The woman at the checkout was a bit doubtful but I pointed out the only exclusion mentioned on the voucher is baby milk powder. She asked her colleague at the next till what he thought and he said once it's a EUR100.00 transaction it's OK. Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Jakel

. Alongside giftcards- you're also not supposed to use them for phone credit.

Tesco have no ban on using them for phone credit. Dunnes do though.

gizmo555 wrote: »
    I bought two EUR50.00 Debenhams gift cards in my local Tesco today, paid EUR80.00 with an Aldi voucher. The woman at the checkout was a bit doubtful but I pointed out the only exclusion mentioned on the voucher is baby milk powder. She asked her colleague at the next till what he thought and he said once it's a EUR100.00 transaction it's OK. Happy days!

The exclusions- are Tesco exclusions- not Aldi or Lidl exclusions- and the checkout operator was wrong to accept the voucher in lieu of part payment (for gift cards). Its not fair putting them in this position- as some of them did get into trouble over it before.

why do some of ye keep repeating this? Does it bother ye that it worked for someone bar yourselfs??

Because some of the staff are longterm staff who try their best for customers- and its not nice to think that you may be getting them in trouble?

There were official warnings put on some staff files- over allowing abuse/misuse of competitor coupons previously- and additional training was given.

Just because you can get away with something- does not mean its ethical to do so.

The exclusions- are Tesco exclusions- not Aldi or Lidl exclusions- and the checkout operator was wrong to accept the voucher in lieu of part payment (for gift cards). Its not fair putting them in this position- as some of them did get into trouble over it before.

I wasn't aware I was "putting her in a position" and if she'd refused to take the voucher I'd have accepted that.

But she herself was unsure and asked her colleague's advice. He told her it was fine. If anyone's at fault here it's Tesco management for not clearly explaining their t&cs to both their staff and their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

Can anyone explain what this is "Tesco 6 bottles for €50 on wine", as I can find no menton of it on the Tesco site. Thank you,
    Gerry.

Gerry069 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what this is "Tesco 6 bottles for €50 on wine", as I can find no menton of it on the Tesco site. Thank you,
    Gerry.

They have an offer on about eight wines that you can buy any six bottles mixed and matched whichever way you please for €50.

Some of the wines included are Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chardonnay, & Sauvignon Blanc; Campo Viejo Reserva and two or three New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs.

It finishes today (Sunday)!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

gizmo555 wrote: »
    They have an offer on about eight wines that you can buy any six bottles mixed and matched whichever way you please for €50.

Some of the wines included are Wolf Blass Yellow Label Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chardonnay, & Sauvignon Blanc; Campo Viejo Reserva and two or three New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs.

It finishes today (Sunday)!

Thanks a million for that, need to get in the car and go so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

1 voucher per transaction.
    If you have 1 delivery- its one voucher.
    If you order two separate deliveries- you can use two (and so on- ad infinitum)

Only if you get them on different days. Only allowed to use 2 per day as stated in the terms and conditions on the Tesco site:
    •Only 1 “Spend & Save” coupon can be presented per transaction and a maximum of two coupons can be accepted per customer per day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Bought some more gift vouchers today. Checked with staff and they were very happy that this was OK. Good job tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Lantus wrote:
    Bought some more gift vouchers today. Checked with staff and they were very happy that this was OK. Good job tesco.

Which store did you go to?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It doesn't matter how long term staff members they are- they all allowed you misuse the voucher. I'm not making this up- any of the Managers- or indeed the signage and explanation leaflets at the customer service desk clearly detail what you can and cannot use the vouchers for. Alongside giftcards- you're also not supposed to use them for phone credit, lottery tickets, petrol station sales (of any kind) or baby formula.

Phone credit is not specifically excluded. You should not have any difficulty using vouchers to buy phone credit in any store.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dotcomedy

I work with Tesco. Its up to the line manager to make it crystal clear what the rules regarding vouchers are. Colleagues should be briefed on a weekly basis in a team 5 meeting.
    Which they all should sign after being briefed.

If checkout staff don't know the T&Cs. It not their fault. It their managers failure to make it clear.
    I have not seen any checkout staff receive any discipline over these yet.

I can tell you. This voucher thing is killing profit. It may keep us ahead in market share, but that's not much good unless money is being made.
    We have had our bonus cut and we can not longer use these vouchers along with our staff discount.
    And we can look forward to a cut in hours in the new year.

Terrible place to work. Greedy bankers ....

I shop in Aldi and would recommend them over Tesco. You would need a trailer to take home 100 quids worth of Aldi produce, there would be that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

dotcomedy wrote: »
    i shop in Aldi and would recommend them over Tesco. You would need a trailer to take home 100 quids worth of Aldi produce, there would be that much.

I used to think Aldi great value, but in the last 6 months their prices have gone up considerably, I have mostly stopped doing my shopping there now because of it. Initially the spatchcock chicken on offer was €3 now it's €4 ON SPECIAL, that's only the beginning.

I now have to go online check prices then do my shop accordingly.

Sorry to hear your employers are not nice to work for. Coming from a public service background, where you get paid, that's it. , no Christmas bonus or staff discount, hence my need to be vigilant when it comes to shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I can tell you. This voucher thing is killing profit.
    Thats what I guessed, and with the abuse going on I reckon it has got to be pulled soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We have had our bonus cut and we can not longer use these vouchers along with our staff discount.
    And we can look forward to a cut in hours in the new year.

Terrible place to work. Greedy bankers ....

I shop in Aldi and would recommend them over Tesco. You would need a trailer to take home 100 quids worth of Aldi produce, there would be that much.

Bonus being cut is not because of the vouchers. And as you're still getting a bonus, can't be that bad a place to work. Didn't head office staff have any sort of bonus completely done away with, at least staff on the floor were left with something. Don't you also have a share scheme in which you're guaranteed back what you put in even if the value of your shares drop below that value? The grass is not always greener.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

rubadub wrote: »
    Thats what I guessed, and with the abuse going on I reckon it has got to be pulled soon.

Just a thought.

The concerned store managers should also make sure that it's not being abused. It is in deed their responsibility too. The OP has also mentioned (agreed) that's it's manager's failure too.
    If checkout staff don't know the T&Cs. It not their fault. It their managers failure to make it clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Anyone want to swap a lidl €20 off voucher for an aldi one?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭adr1984

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I used to think Aldi great value, but in the last 6 months their prices have gone up considerably, I have mostly stopped doing my shopping there now because of it. Initially the spatchcock chicken on offer was €3 now it's €4 ON SPECIAL, that's only the beginning.

What websites do you use for checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I shop in ALDI all the time and haven't noticed one price increase on the things I buy to be honest. In fact the likes of milk and bottled water are gone down in price but majority has stayed the same

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Totally agree with this statement. Lidl the same. Still cheaper than some items in Tesco but not as cheap as it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

vicwatson wrote: »
    I shop in ALDI all the time and haven't noticed one price increase on the things I buy to be honest. In fact the likes of milk and bottled water are gone down in price but majority has stayed the same

Same here.
    My bread and tea bags have gone down. Soy sauce down also. Some meats may have gone up a bit but I think that's the same everwhere.
    Some, but not all alcohol has increased. My Clontarf whisky up by 50 cents only.
    Overall not much difference to a year ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

vicwatson wrote: »
    ...In fact the likes of milk and bottled water are gone down in price but majority has stayed the same
    Milk has gone down :confused: It's still ~75c/l

I have not noticed price increases in Aldi. In fact, prices have fallen on some sliced meats, cheese, tea, biscuits, bread, nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The unhealthy stuff in aldi was never cheap, but if your doing a reasonable healthy shop you will make savings there.

Fruit and veg is great there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

adr1984 wrote: »

What websites do you use for checking?

Tesco.ie

Aldi.ie

Lidl.ie

I check all the special offers, like these which are loved in our house........http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268269346

I make lists, and always know the price of stuff, bulk buy when necessary,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement