Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Well folks, anybody who has completed their medical, have you had any official correspondence yet or are they ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CGCAN05

Do they not tell you on the day if you passed or not? I thought they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 akdhen

It's run externally they just pass on the information . However I believe if you had a major issue you would probably hear on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frezno23

I’ve passed the medical and have a date for early January for the fitness test. They didn’t tell me if I passed or failed the medical they just said “you should be good”. Bit of an anxious wait really but at least can polish up for the fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CGCAN05

Well done! Thanks for letting us know how it's being done. Best of luck with the fitness!

• Advertisement

Yeah same here, was told nothing at the medical but recieved an email about a week later inviting me to the physical in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wowthatscrazy

Any word on how high they’ve gone with the panel numbers

Guys has anyone gotten a drivers statement before?

I got one and it says it does not disclose information regarding penalty points etc. I have a full clean lisence but I'm just wondering if I need an additional piece of info clarifying this? Or have I enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shezzer

I emailed info@ndls.ie requesting a driver statment with my driver number pps and date of birth and was sent back in a week to me with all the information points etc on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Baby S 85

If you have no points on your licence it won't be on your drivers statement, it will only have what ever ponts you have and the reason why the points are there, no nct for example 3 points.

• Advertisement

Cheers

Hey folks, anyone know how long the physical generally lasts from the time you walk in till the time you finish? Just working out the logistics and that

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

Yeah, they flew through it. Can't wait now

Well done cya on the first day

Just got an email for class 3 possible call up.

im in the 170s, so if you didn’t get an invite back in December, check your inbox 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭giseva

I'm in a similar position, 170s and might have a call up. I've been applying since 2006! I'm PDF and a pre 2013 Public Servant so I've different pension entitlements AFAIK. I've heard previously that 3/4 of my service will carry over for pension purposes only. Given that the retirement age is 55, and the state pension isn't available until 66, if it's even available at all in the future, I'd be curious to know how people survive on the DFB pension, particularly new entrants. It has always been a dream job but unfortunately kids, mortgage, bills etc don't run on dreams. I know it's not a job for the money, but money is a significant factor in life. There was an agreement a couple of years ago allowing DFB members serve to 60 pending medicals, is that still a thing? An extra 5 years service makes a big difference!

I hear ya mate. this was my second application. with funds/pension maybe a "B" job wouldn't be a bad shout.

Dream career over here too.

• Advertisement

Anyone received an email with start date/offer of placement on the course after passing medical/cpas

• Registered Users Posts: 15 zeroMac

Is the up coming class gonna be the last class for the current panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

No it's not there is going to be 4 classes in total, there is 216 jobs going, class 3 is going ahead in March, they have started emailing people who are supposed to be called for class 4, to see if they are interested in starting class 3 instead of waiting, and if you are interested if spaces become available for class 3 then you could be called upon.

My employer only got the email for reference yesterday so hopefully all going well next week will be an offer/contract

• Registered Users Posts: 16 PacePower89

Any rough idea what number the order of merit at the end of class 3 is currently at?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

As far as I am aware physicals are still going ahead till the end of the week, what the original number called up stopped at I don't know.

The emails going out now for people interested in going into class 3 who should be going to class 4 is at atleast 188 but could be higher.

Any official offer via email received by anyone ?

Hoping it's today also fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

19th March is the start date.

Advertisement