Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frezno23

Thank so much for the above. Gives us something to start working towards now!

heart breaking to hear about the failures, especially to come this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WicklowWill

Thanks for this. Really beneficial to have some insight into the testing.

I contacted DCC HR this week, as I would be a couple of places off this class, and asked if they backfill the class if there are deferrals and failures.

They said there are no plans to backfill currently for this class but if they do they will contact trainees in order of merit.

Best of luck to everyone going into class 1

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kend85

For anyone waiting on the second class. I was told by one of the paramedic instructors that possibly January 2024 for the second recruit class to start. I was hoping it would be October but seems it’s not the case

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Apparently, from what I've heard it's two six month (ish) classes back to back then a few months break before the 3rd class, open to correction and things may have changed since I heard that. I'm kinda in-between the 2nd and 3rd classes so hoping that's the case. Staying optimistic 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

1st class May, 2nd class October

Pending instructor availability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Regards the medical with the testing. I’m going on a stags to Amsterdam, should I avoid the herb or how does this work as it’s legal over there?

Im assuming they test for banned substances during the medical 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

Avoid anything that can possibly hinder your chances, I mean each to there own an all that but here your future career on the line I wouldn't take that chance man

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CDM2323

Any word on the first class starting yet? I'm later in the panel myself , just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Good to know. Anyone have any idea how many were called to the first class and what number they are up to on the panel now when deferrals, fails etc are taken into account?

• Advertisement

Only 38 made it thru the medical and physical. Not the walk in the park some people expected. Your not over the line until your on parade on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Only 2 or 3 failed medical/ physical I believe. The rest are deferrals. They didn't fill the rest of the class from the panel so anyone on the panel outside of 1st class will be pushed back 8 or 9 places

That's incorrect. 7 failed medicals, rest failed physicals. They went into the 50s on the panel to make a class of 48 because of deferrals

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Thanks for the correction 👍

So it must be the opposite of what I was told then? Those outside the 1st class are actually closer to being called rather than being further away? I heard they were just going with a class of thirty odd and not filling in the 1st class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WicklowWill

I don’t think they have called additional candidates from the panel to fill the spaces left by fails/deferrals, this was stated by HR through email last month and I’d be 3 places off the 1st class and have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

.f

Post edited by TheButcher on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is health insurance in the Fire Brigade?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oldoldfart

Good luck to anyone starting next Monday. Go in with the right attitude & it can be a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oldoldfart

You're actually not over the line until you pass your fire training, your competencies, such as BA and then pass all your Paramedic exams, practicals and interview. This process takes years.

If you don't have the right attitude starting next Monday, and annoyingly some won't, then you will struggle.

• Advertisement

Out of interest is anyone already a registered paramedic? I have registration in the UK and Ireland and currently trying to get my AP?

anyone know what would happen in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CDM2323

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow 👏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

If you’re already a PHECC registered paramedic you’ll only do firefighter training and then go on station while the rest do paramedic training

Thanks @TheButcher, the thoughts of having to retrain would be crippling.

best of luck to the class starting this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shezzer

Hi guys,

I have follow this thread for a long time now never posted. I made the panel this year just over the 100 mark. I am sure like everyone like me there working on keeping fit and getting all the prep in as possible.

I was thinking others who have made the panel and awaiting the call be up for maybe meeting up for something like a run 5,10k and a chat and share any tips on your prep to make sure we get over this fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

I sent ya a message

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sailing___

Hi all, I am just past the 100 mark on the panel similar to the poster above and also working on fitness. Does anyone know is the shoulder press machine in the physical exam a single arm machine (I know it'll be both arms together in the test) or machine where both arms are connected? Also, can anyone give any info on what machine is used in the medical test for the 'leg/back pull strength of 117 kg or above' ? Any help or equipment suggestions to help prepare for the above welcome. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

The machine for the leg/back pull is a load cell dynamometer similar to this

Any news from the recruit class? What’s it like, first day time table etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sailing___

The DFB Twitter page has been posting an update of what is on the agenda for the recruit class and has been very insightful. Even if you don't have an account you can look up their twitter, just put into google ' Dublin Fire Brigade Twitter'' and their feed link should come up. Their handle is @DubFireBrigade

Advertisement