Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

1st class won't be until late May at the earliest, 2nd class more than likely Oct/Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shamrock12

Ok that actually makes more sense giving the time frame between now and then as medicals fitness test and vetting still needs to be done highly likely that will all done to get a class in for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

You will have to get that graded. They will pick up on it in medical but they won't know how mild it is. Best bet is to get it graded before your medical and bring the letter with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cm26

Grand cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Hi guys, a lady I work with has also panelled and she was curious to know, as she has her leaving cert which was photocopied at interview stage, when the time comes to scan it to them again when called forward, should she expect her secondary school to get a call from them? As it was it was 25 years ago when she sat it. Or will they just add it to her file?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

No contact with school but will want original certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Yeah a "friend" :-D somebody telling porkies :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Thanks for my reminding me I've no friends 😂😂 we'll she presented her original LC at Interview so she's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frezno23

Anyone done the treadmill test before? Is it 6.1km/hr with a 3% incline every 2 minutes? Or anyone any experience of it?

Yeah it's actually pretty easy.

So as stated it's a12 minute progressive treadmill walking test to identify individuals who are capable (or not) of reaching the required fitness standard of 42 Vo2 max. It is a brisk paced walking test which requires you to use your leg muscles to climb gradually increasing gradients.

The treadmill pace is set at 6.2 km/hr (3.8 mph) and the incline at 0% for 2 minutes.

Every 2 minutes thereafter the gradient is increased by 3%.

Successful completion of the test requires you to walk unaided for a total time of 12 minutes with an increasing incline to 15%.

So in a nutshell

Set the pace at 6.2km

0 - 2 minutes 0 incline

2 - 4 minutes 3% incline

4 - 6 minutes 6% incline

6 - 8 minutes 9% incline

8 - 10 minutes 12% incline

10 - 12 minutes 15% incline

• Advertisement

The fitness test is a joke lads. Honestly , if youve any half decent cardio and strength, you’ll pass it. It’s easier than previous CPAT.

the medical has failed a few on heart rate recovery after step test . That’s a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

Any idea how long the step test is for medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Frezno23

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭big.left90

I could be wrong here folks but as far as I understand there is no treadmill test in the medical, It says that the treadmill is done by fire and rescue service personnel in the info book. Again, I could have misread or misinterpreted it.

It's in the handbook they emailed to you there is one

So this one is for the first class of 48 - to 50 that are going into training.

Guys if at all possible would yous be able to give us a little information in regards to pay while training is happening as I am sure alot of people do have this on their minds and would be interested in knowing what they need to plan for.

Some people will be taking a drop in wages to start a new career, nature of the business unfortunately, but the info provided would definitely help anyone going into classes 2,3,4 etc on getting themselves financially prepared for the 6-7 months of training.

Also to anyone in all classes start saving now to get ahead of yourself and make sure you are ready for a drop in wages, now don't think of the drop as a kick in the bollex this is part of life, if you really want this job and want to Excell in your new career this is unfortunately a cut you have to take but after a few years you will be right as rain and in the best job you could ever ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭giseva

Are ye asking a question or giving advice 😅. The pay scale is in info booklet which DCC sent out. After tax maybe 400 or 450 for the few months training, depending on individuals tax circumstances too. I'm sure people can look into the WFP too to see if they qualify while on the lower wage. I know a FF who's class did about 3 months in OBI then out to stations on shift allowance which boosted pay, and then came back for para training at a later date. All speculative as to how these classes will go though!

As clearly stated i'am asking for people starting the first class to give information, also I believe the pay structure giving in the document is based on when you pass out and get assigned a station, correct me if I am wrong. Again that's why I asked if people could provide that information

But yeah I heard that aswell that it was around 400 450, just wanted to know as of course it's a question everyone will have and of course once you pass out you will get shift allowance overtime etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭giseva

Alright pal, I'd say get a sense of humour before ye start training, it could help. Anyway, the pay points in the information booklet are from day one of training, as told to me by a FF recently through the process, and which I had verified at my own interview.

As I said WFP is a good shout some might not be aware of, and save prior to taking a hit if you can, as you mentioned.

Left me sense of humor in the pub last night told him to get a taxi home and he never came home

As for the info on the pay brilliant stuff that's that bit cleared up so at least people are fully aware now cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

Sorry to ask on this tread but has anyone heard back for the Emergency Call Taker campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Hi folks, does anybody know if somebody fails a medical or physical do they take another person from the panel or just start the class with less numbers? Just trying to get an idea if I'm likely to start in class 2 or 3. Cheers 👍🏻

That's what I have hear yeah they will try fill all classes, so it's nearly certain yes people will move on the panel due to failures of medicals etc etc so just keep yourself ready and sharp and the very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

What size is the panel ? I someone said they where in the 150 mark but anyone know what the actually panel size is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wowthatscrazy

Panel is 216

Yes , a step test in the medical and then a treadmill test in physical test stage. All very doable .

pay during training is about €750- €800 & fortnight as you aren’t getting shift allowances .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Advertisement