Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

That's sounds great but I did laugh too because we heard it was the summer but that never happened

Post edited by Rob_1990 on

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

There’s a recruitment open day on 29th in inchicore for dfb so I’d say the recruitment will be advertised 28th . Info on Dublin south city partnership Twitter page

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryball1234

Anyone know if they accept a Level 5 Major Award from a PLC for the education requirements? I know the Guards and Prison Service do but the Fire Brigade are a bit unclear about it. Thanks.

Best bet is to ring Dublin City council for an accurate answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Iceomatrix

With the information day not being real is there still talk of the recruitment being advertised on the 28th?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

If anyone has a few mins to read this, it hints to an upcoming recruitment campaign

About half way down the page -

"DFB confirmed it will launch a new recruitment campaign for fire fighters in the coming weeks and a new panel formed to fill future vacancies during the lifetime of the panel."

Yes recruiting still going ahead. Test preparations have advertised for courses & it’s run by a DFB officer. Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

It's out..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paraf33

Any opinions on the prep courses ran by companies in Dublin? Have you done them? Did it help you get in? Any current firefighters, what do you think of them? And Any recommendations on which ones are worthwhile?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Dfb Facebook & Twitter have a video up over recruiting. It’ll be advertised on Friday . Happy days for all you still interested. Do a pre aptitude test course . Then worry about interview after . Apparently it’s NOT public jobs who are doing the aptitude stages like previous campaigns . Who knows what’ll be on them but I’d imagine it’ll be similar to previous years . 1 or 2 online aptitudes then an aptitude in a office of some sort . Then onto interview. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Fishingmad2013

Does anyone know how long the training is and what it consists of? Sorry might have been said previously just can't find it. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lunanambuna

It's 6 months in total roughly. 3 Months fire side and 3 months paramedic out in the Training Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1 decj22

Can anybody advise as to whether incremental service from An Garda Síochána transfers across to DFB for the purposes of pay?

I'm aware that the pension transfers but in terms of payscale, would a Garda who transfers be required to start from the bottom of the payscale?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

Hi all,

Just a quick question, do candidates get paid while on training or during the duration of training? If not, when does the salary commence? Thanks!

U start on point 1 of firefighters pay scale straight away but with no allowances. You only get allowances when you start on shift so moneys tight for the training. I’d say in region of 350-400 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

Thank you! And do they honor experience from public sector, like HSE once you're qualified? Or would you start from the bottom pay scale?

As far as I’m aware , if you’ve come from hse or any local authority your years service will carry . It won’t be recognised until after probation I think but I’m not 100% on that

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mahoney1

Does anyone know how much you're paid after training is finished. Like how much altogether per fortnight/month including nights and weekends etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

What did we think of them tests especially the mechanical one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Stefc89

I thought they were difficult enough. How did you find them?

Thought they were hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

Definitely harder than the practice tests I did🤣 I wonder how long we'll be waiting for results

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Know 2 guys who did pre test courses with one of the company's who offers them and they were giving out that tests were different to the material style that they were shown and what was previously used in past campaigns bar the verbals, also both had totally different questions so should cut down on any cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jiggery pokery

The test was quite tough….. have we any timeframe of when they will let us know if we made it to the next stage?

A week or two before xmas I’d say just to ruin it

Was that the 300€ one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HikingHarry

What did we all think of the numerical reasoning? :/

So are the online tests just used to cull people?

if we are lucky to pass would it carry any weighting to your final mark?

so is it pass or fail to you get to interview… or does each section of the process count to your final mark?

• Advertisement

Also are the online tests scored by just adding the marks together?

ie mechanical reasoning-15

maths- 18

english-30

So marked out of 63?

im hoping not as I’d be weaker in the English part

Advertisement