Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leonmyers

Depends on the wording of your email after your interview I'd imagine. Was it 167 made the panel out of 500 interviewed? You obviously were outside the top 167 but did the letter say you passed the interview and just didn't score high enough to make the top 167?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I got it confirmed for anyone else wondering and thanks Leonmyers, your advice is correct.

" Hi :),

In relation to Fire Fighter Recruitment, I note that you have already been interviewed for the position back in January 2020 and had been unsuccessful at the time.

Please note that the candidates that will be offered an interview will not include those who have already been interviewed for the position for this Recruit Campaign.

Dublin City Council anticipates that a new recruitment campaign will be advertised in 2022 and at this point you will be able to reapply for the position if you are still interested. "

Not at all what I had hope too hear, I dunno part of me feels its a little unfair that as DCC didn't get the numbers correct at the time by say 20 people, 20 people that done really well at the time but given the competition then at the time did not make it.

Anyone due an interview now is in with a seriously high chance of getting a role with DFB, I mean they won't be interviewing that many and your ratio of jobs to panel is fairly decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leonmyers

I figured you would had to have been deemed unsuccessful at the time for them not to reach out to you now. If another campaign is due this year, then I assume the emails that issued yesterday are to fill spots in upcoming classes. Typically DFB like to interview 3 candidates for every position on offer. I'd imagine it is a small number of positions available currently. I personally know people who got offered the job previously and declined it. It is what it is. At least 80 emails issued yesterday if not more.

They've a bizarre way of running things, the process is fairly exhausting. I won't lie I begrudge anyone getting a shot at it. I can't really understand also why people go for it and turn it down, to go as far as interview. Surely at that stage its either your in or out, your literally throwing someone off there chance of getting it. Anyway, that's life I guess and I am sure people have valid reasons. I would just urge people to really think hard now if its something they want or don't want before they go to interview.

If anyone on here wants any interview advise etc.., shoot me a PM or post here, happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 yellowbelly1980

Anyone know when the next recruitment drive is due to open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 PacePower89

I’m currently living abroad and received an email from public jobs about getting an interview. Anyone any rough idea of a time line for the interviews as I have to book days off work and flights home. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

Are they doing more interviews or starting a new recruitment drive? 

From what I gather they are doing more interviews no official word from DCC yet. Another campaign will be taking place this year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

Good chance they will be held online over teams or zoom. Try contact them to check this first, might save you a lot of expense

Anyone else get invited for an interview?

• Advertisement

Any truth to the whispers that they're still asking more people to interview

Any update or idea when interviews will take place? Over a week now since last correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SAXA999

New recruitment driving going to be advertised very very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

Dfb waiting on public jobs to advertise for firefighters, shouldn’t be too much longer.

new emergency service controller campaign this year too .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stefc89

Does anybody know if there has been any word about when this will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Any update on if there will be a recruitment campaign this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paraf33

Hi, potentially stupid question here. I'm already qualified as a paramedic. I assume this would help with the later parts of the application process but not the earlier parts? ie. You still have to pass the aptitude test on merit, but once you get talking to an interviewer and they know you're qualified and experienced in emergency services this would help?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

There is a separate application for phecc qualified paramedics you will need to apply through this.

• Advertisement

Better start working on my aptitude tests so. I had never heard there was a separate application. Thanks guys :)

Sorry I was reading wrong that’s only the National ambulance service who has the separate route as said above best bet is saying it during the interview

Is there any new info about a new recruitment campaign?

Yes this is a big advantage. Especially now as dfb staff situation is shockingly low at the moment. They like the idea of just training you as a firefighter and getting you on station quicker . It’ll also save them mo et to take you on . Obviously you’ll have to pass aptitudes & the interview .

job is run on overtime, especially in the summer .

big delay on next recruitment campaign I heard . Public jobs can’t do it this year now as they’re too busy so dfb tried getting a different company to do it but that didn’t work out .

currently 2 classes in the training centre . The existing panel is finished now . Dfb are chasing their tails

God I was hoping it would be by the end of the year will it be early next year do you think when it will be run?

Thanks for the info, as long as they need staff there will be a campaign eventually

I honestly dont know when . It could happen this year but I doubt it . I really don’t know how dfb get away with the lack of staff . There’s trucks off the road every day all over the city . Not to mention the lack of officers too . Years of poor management and no recruitment

No need to wonder, its as simple as DCC don't want it, want to run it into the ground and cause some type of chaos for it to be split/taken away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

Hi all,

I am just wondering at this point if there is still upcoming recruitment campaign for dublin fire brigade? I am very much interested to pursue a career with same. I am a registered nurse and working in hopsital at the moment, so I don't have any idea as to how to apply and what are the steps in making it. I hope I can get some answers😊 How often do they open for recruitment, where can I find the ads for the job, is there a talent pool where I can send an intent to apply, what are the documents I need to prepare initially, how long does it take to know if you they will accept your application, etc. thanks in advance to those who would reply.

• Advertisement

DFB “ supposedly “ advertising for a new panel on 28th October.

Advertisement