Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jiggery pokery

got the bad news

firefighter screening 29%

mechanical reasoning 96%

verbal 92%

numerical 79%

pretty embarrassing as I’ve been a wholetime firefighter for 10 years. 😂😂

good luck to everyone else moving forward

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Rob_1990

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ffwannabe

Is there any indication on when they might hope to have the interviews done by?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Anyone have their supervised test today or are they starting tomorrow?? If so how did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Exams were cancelled due to tech difficulties, DCC not likely to be impressed as pushed back to new year now. The joys of using a different test provider I suppose, although they should have done what the HSE do and record video/sound for online tests thus cutting out the in person stage and speeding things up, which was what DCC originally had expected...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 EniygoMontoya

Anyone that sat the in person tests this week get their results/further correspondence yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Iceomatrix

Nothing yet here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GravyD

No indication of when we're going to get the results yet, I only did mine yesterday so I'd say some stage next week. What did everyone think of them? I thought the Numerical Reasoning was tougher than last month's

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cianmurphy17

Your man that was supervising the test said 2/3 days and I did mine on Thursday. I was half expecting them today as we got them on a Saturday the last time.

Hopefully we’ll hear something on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 noahm29

I done mine wednesday was looking at emails all day today as saturday was for successful candidates in intial test i know lads who failed first exam get results the monday or tuesday .. i thought the numerical was 10x harder i did my prep with careerservices and it was identicle to the test we conducted at home which was great but the mechanical and numerical on the supervised looked nothing like first and was considerabley harder imo

It was supposed to be the day after the exams the first time round but they were due to finish on the Thursday that time. With them finishing on Friday this week I’d say it will be Monday for results.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

I thought the numerical was also extremely difficult on yesterdays exam..i thought it was supposed to be the same standard as the test we had a few weeks ago. As this was meant to be a verification test...so therefore if this numerical test was a lot more difficult then results are going to be worse all round.

I found the standard of mechanical the same as 1st test and verbal similar enough standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noahm29

Iv heard from previous campaigns it was meant to be the same exam but shortened which makes sense and it stated that case in the results email also but look its out of our hands now monday we wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Just received the email! No messing around on a Sunday morning… Best of luck to everyone. Next stage is the application form

Yep got mine too hopefully they’ll send the application form out quick

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

Hi,

Congrats to all! Does anybody know how the application form works? Would they send their own format and we'll have to fill it up, or are we expected to prepare our own CV and stuff? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gitzyg

Can’t say for sure, but I’d imagine it’ll be a mixture of both. We’ll be provided with a form to complete and they’ll probably look for an update CV to be attached with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

Did anyone hear of anybody not getting through the verification tests? I'd imagine it was more difficult for the higher scorers to maintain their original score. Especially as the the 2nd assessments seemed more difficult than the first and the length of time between the original and the verification. I definitely didn't do as well 2nd time around but still got verified, I'd be interested to see how they calculate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

* Comment deleted *

Post edited by C_mc on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 C_mc

A mate of mine who ranked in top 200 in the first tests was told his scored wasn't verified on the verbal reasoning. I was around 500 but just got the verified email. I found the supervised tests alot harder than first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesfarrell507

I was ranked 144 in the 1st assessment.

Did the 2nd and not verified in the verbal reasoning.

The examination was very different to the 1st assessment, text / font was smaller and the time to read over every statement was not consistent with the 1st exam as the lay out was different

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tonym8986

I think somebody may be getting a slap on the hand over this one. I know a few lads that where ranked in the top 30 said the test was changed over the technical issue on the first day which means it impossible to have a test verified if it's not the same structure or the difficulty level has being increased or which seems in this case both compared to what yous did at home. They should have left it with public jobs more straight forward. But best of luck lads & ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dd106

I ranked 23rd in my first assessment.

My verbal was also not verified.

I thought the test was at a significant higher standard to the first one.

I am not sure how this is fair as they were supposed to be of a very similar standard just to verify the tests and was much harder to score as highly in this assessment. I am extremely disappointed with this as I put in a huge amount of preparation for these assessments.

I assume there is no way to appeal this does anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JTabuena

That's what I thought as well, can't figure out how they verified since the supervised test and the online one have considerably very different parameters (ie. Level of difficulty, time allowance, font, etc). I thought you'd only have to be relatively close to your previous mark and percentile rank in order to get verified, but the supervised test seemed to be a whole different assessment altogether.

They were two completely different tests I’m not sure how they are getting away with this.I did send an email to complain about it but doubt I’ll even get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

In 2016 & 2019, the supervised rounds had different questions to the exams at home plus additional tests that you didn't do at home. The only real difference to the supervised round this year is that it was shorter with less tests. There's no appeals process and the result is final unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dub29

The verbal assessment at home gave a passage of text and had 3/4 questions that followed on the same text and then moved onto the next passage. For the supervised tests, there was a passage of text with one question on it. Then it moved to the next passage with just one question on that. As I got to the end I noticed the passages at the start of the test appeared again. It's much harder this way as when you look at a passage for a minute or two and answer a few questions on it you get time to figure it out.

I scored in 95 percentile in original verbal, dont feel like I got anywhere near that in supervised. So I'm surprised I was verified. I also noticed that it took much more reasoning in the supervised as the questions were tricky and there to catch you out. Could be possible that there was a few different sets that people got, determined by their original results.

Yes but you were ranked on each assessment individually and an average of both scores gave you an overall score from the 2 assessments

Exactly what they should have done this time around.

I don’t want to be bitter but felt I was at a disadvantage from scoring so highly in the first assessment when I really think that should work to your advantage If anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 tonym8986

Staffline ran these tests. They also ran nifrs and cork also . The tests then where a mirror image of what a candidate took at home same structure etc as the verified test the took supervised . It was noted that the test on the day with technical issue during the verified test was exactly the same as the one that people did at home which could be seen by candidates on the 9am testing time. Therefore the test was changed completely according to the above layout quoted by someone previous

Advertisement