Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

Grahamfire wrote: »
    When do we find out who on panel is actually doing medic coarse ?
    you,ll find out once dfb have decided how many they want to train which probably won't be until you start. Class 2017 have been told they are required to attend the Obi in sept for paramedic training

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Shadow104 wrote: »
    you,ll find out once dfb have decided how many they want to train which probably won't be until you start. Class 2017 have been told they are required to attend the Obi in sept for paramedic training

Wouldn’t like to be 2+ years on road like previous guys without medic training. Say it’s hard to get back into it when go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

Wouldn’t like to be 2+ years on road like previous guys without medic training. Say it’s hard to get back into it when go back.
    Sure your in that's all that matters isn't it. Be tough on them lads having to go back alright

Shadow104 wrote: »
    Sure your in that's all that matters isn't it. Be tough on them lads having to go back alright

Yeah absolutely thank god. Long long road

Fire and ambulance committee meeting was other day. New Panel being advertised very soon in coming weeks. Just for anyone that was in background wondering when it’s coming out or wants to try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Anyone have a half decent guess when uniform fittings might be. I may look to book a week abroad before we knuckle down in June

derra_121 wrote: »
    Anyone have a half decent guess when uniform fittings might be. I may look to book a week abroad before we knuckle down in June

Also would like to knke. Same idea. It will fly in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi what is the salary now as a firefighter has the pay gone down by much . Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Today was the last day of CPATS final offers out this week hopefully if not next?

Did everyones nominated 2 references get them ? Only 1 of mine did ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Did everyones nominated 2 references get them ? Only 1 of mine did ?

Only 1 of mine aswell

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Only 1 of mine aswell

Same here lads. Could have just picked 1 out of the 2?

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    Same here lads. Could have just picked 1 out of the 2?

Maybe if she’s happy with first no need for another ?

Maybe if she’s happy with first no need for another ?

Possibly. I had the two contacted but I know my most recent employer responded saying he would be delayed to submit it as he was away on holidays. So maybe that is why the second was contacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

maybe they only contact the second reference if you have only being with your current employer for a small amount of time.

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    maybe they only contact the second reference if you have only being with your current employer for a small amount of time.

I'm with my current employer 15 years and they didn't contact them.

Has anyone handed in notice yet to their employer without receiving final offer ?

Has anyone handed in notice yet to their employer without receiving final offer ?

Yeah I have but only because I needed a months notice I cleaed it with HR anyway they said work away

I did it last Thursday. I had to give 1 months notice. Sarah told us after the Cpat that it was ok to do it

Cool I’ve to give a month also. Will bang it in today

• Advertisement

Have yous all been fitted for the uniform yet?

As of last Friday I am unemployed for the first time in my life. 7 weeks off for some relaxing and prepping

@jim got uniform done Tuesday. Made it feel real finally was cool. That chap Stephen lovely guy.

@derra 7 weeks off! That worked out well for you must of been due holidays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Handing in the notice on Monday myself. Havent been in for the uniform fitting yet, we've till next Friday to drop in is it?

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Handing in the notice on Monday myself. Havent been in for the uniform fitting yet, we've till next Friday to drop in is it?

Yeah think all of next week

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    I'm with my current employer 15 years and they didn't contact them.

My second ref only came today

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Anyone know where I can find out the shift pattern?

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find out the shift pattern?

There is an android app called Dublin Fire Brigade Rota.

All saved in that think it was 2 euro or something

Any get final offer ?

• Advertisement

Any get final offer ?

Nope you? Should be soon a month away next week

Advertisement