Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC English Paper 2 - Higher Level - The Aftermath***

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags95

Magnate wrote: »
    I really, really regret not learning the role of women, I had the essay printed and everything!

The rest of the paper was grand but I was forced do an othello question on how values played a significant part in the outcome of the play. It was messy. It definitely cost me a grade or two.

Oh well, we're finished english!!! :D

couldn't agree with you more. I did the values question too- I approached it by taking paragraphs from solid character answers I had already prepared. Poetry was lovely, compar was lovely. Othello threw me big time! ah well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ThatsTheShtuff

I know an unnatural amount of people who answered the Othello question incorrectly,
    where they thought 'Othello' in italics referred to the character, and his values,
    as opposed to the values present in the play as a whole!
    As soon as i read the question, I reckoned people were going to fall for it...
    Silly mistake on the student's part, as all they had to do was look at all other single
    text titles and see that the likes of 'Pride and Prejudice' was the only thing in italics, hence
    it referred to the text's title, while the character names were not in italics.
    That being said, it would have made for a better phrased question had
    'In the play, 'Othello'' been the phrasing.

also, for anyone who wrote about Othello as a character,
    every year there is one character question and one question
    on style/theme. the desdemona/emilia question was clearly
    a character question, so it could have been guessed...

Does anyone know do examiners notice misquotes?
    I know i definitely had one, where i quoted a Montague poem as 'driving lean cattle from miry sheds' instead of 'miry stables'... i reckon some examiners mightn't even notice, while others might think it's criminal! Would i lose marks, since I felt my essay was strong overall?

Advertisement