Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Fancy one in the 3 05 at Newmarket on Friday,Promising Run has only had two runs and looks like one with a bit of class.
    Easy winner lto on soft ground could be the real deal,the fav has not impressed me and I have backed Promising Run ew at 9/2 even though only 7 runners.This will be my only bet unless I hear something.

Godolphin again :D

The most exciting horse I have seen on the AW is the Godolphin horse Tryster,won the Winter Derby last year and few other big pots without being fully tested.

Always held up out the back he moves up on the final bend and goes away from his field in the final 100 yards.He makes his AW reappearance this year in the 25,000 grand sterling to the winner condition stakes in the 7 15 at Chelmsford and if ready should win without too much trouble.
    I will back it if I can get 7/4 or better as I think this one could turn out one of the best in the world on the AW and would not be out of place on dirt at the breeders cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Shamar contests an easier race at the curragh tomorrow than when runner up at listowel a week ago and has seen a few quid this evening. Should be there about abouts in a weak enough contest so I'll have a nibble ew at 10/1. GL.

Godolphin again :D

The most exciting horse I have seen on the AW is the Godolphin horse Tryster,won the Winter Derby last year and few other big pots without being fully tested.

Always held up out the back he moves up on the final bend and goes away from his field in the final 100 yards.He makes his AW reappearance this year in the 25,000 grand sterling to the winner condition stakes in the 7 15 at Chelmsford and if ready should win without too much trouble.
    I will back it if I can get 7/4 or better as I think this one could turn out one of the best in the world on the AW and would not be out of place on dirt at the breeders cup.
    Did it exactly as I felt he would,was away all day and only saw the replay now,a fantastic horse with a finish that will always be difficult to better.

Switches off and bounces off the final bend which is the way to win races on the AW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Did it exactly as I felt he would,was away all day and only saw the replay now,a fantastic horse with a finish that will always be difficult to better.

Switches off and bounces off the final bend which is the way to win races on the AW.

Not quite as heart stopping as some of hos other races but he is a great horse to watch in action. Buick post race said hes 100% Dubai bound and seemed to suggest the top prizes were the targets for him. Wouldn't be likely to back against him if he takes to the track

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

You're in fling form Zimmer, keep up the good work.....

• Advertisement

Took a break sunday,didnt have much time to check out the form and probably just as well as my betting buddy done his dosh today and I would probably have done the same.

Not inspired by tomorrows cards but the 3 40 at bath is interesting,there are not many races for 2 year olds over 10 furlongs and Godolphin send just one runner to Bath and it runs over the 10 furlong trip.

Southfields is the horse and he had one run over a mile on soft at Sandown (a very stiff track) almost 2 weeks ago.The horse ran ok finishing 4th in a very good maiden beaten 7 lengths.
    Tomorrows race is easier imo and with only 8 runners and I think only a couple have any chance at all of beating Southfields.

Calvinist is fav with PP and is the only one I would be concerned about as trainer B Meehan knows the time of day,this fellow also had just the one run also finishing 4th and could be useful in time.

The rest of the field look mediocre,inc the 2nd fav Press Gang trained by Hannon.

Press Gang has a bit of form but looks like a handicapper to me.Southfields is joint 2nd fav at 5/2 and I have backed it ew.It is short enough for an ew bet but PP are giving money back if 2nd to the fav and that seems very good value to me though Southfields could actually go off fav.
    Godolphin 2 year olds always improve for their first run and I consider Southfields a decent bet.

Just one more bet today Another Wise Kid 3 50 Hamilton,
    He is taking on 4/7 shot Dark Emerald who is rated a little higher in this conditions stakes.
    Dark Emerald is smart but i think he is better over further and while Hamilton is stiff enough i am hoping the in-form Another Wise Kid can be in front at the post

4 of the 8 runners are no hopers and the top horse who would nave a chance on his best form is not running well at present and i see this as a match.
    If i am right 7/2 Another Wise Kid is a great price and i have had a good bet ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I am taking the 20/1 EW available on Classic Pursuit (Bath 2.40)

It's a no-whip apprentice race, so that is usually no-bet material. However, I have seen this one tear up ground in the last fulong at Bath before a few race back. I feel there is a good chance of a place here with the natural pace on show, however the strict rules set in place might hurt chances a bit.

Just one more bet today Another Wise Kid 3 50 Hamilton,
    He is taking on 4/7 shot Dark Emerald who is rated a little higher in this conditions stakes.
    Dark Emerald is smart but i think he is better over further and while Hamilton is stiff enough i am hoping the in-form Another Wise Kid can be in front at the post

4 of the 8 runners are no hopers and the top horse who would nave a chance on his best form is not running well at present and i see this as a match.
    If i am right 7/2 Another Wise Kid is a great price and i have had a good bet ew.
    Money back on the first one but the other one I fancied is a bit of a mystery.

Backed into 15/8 which made my 7/2 look good until he stopped as if shot and dropped out tamely.Disappointing but that's how it goes and will try again.

Miss Katie Mae 9/2 (Fairyhouse 3.20) is a notebook one for me - I underlined it about 10 times too.

• Advertisement

Usual weekday fare,Shark Hanlon sends Catch the Magic to Sedgefield for the bumper at 4 50 with the exception of the fav this is one of the worst bumpers you could find and the favs run at Fontwell was weak enough though he comes from a big yard.

Sharks one must be placed at least and will not have to improve from her last run to win I backed it ew.

My other bet today is gameplay 7 10 Wol,has shown nothing in 3 runs but has been "cut" since last run and could come on a lot for that,connections must have seen something to hold onto him and he starts in handicaps from a very low base I backed it ew as well.

tinodz wrote: »
    Miss Katie Mae 9/2 (Fairyhouse 3.20) is a notebook one for me - I underlined it about 10 times too.

Only a third. Cannot pick anything in last few days :(

Three Bells 10/1 (Fairyhouse 3.55) in my other one for today.

Think this one could run a great race. Win only. I will see how that goes.

Usual weekday fare,Shark Hanlon sends Catch the Magic to Sedgefield for the bumper at 4 50 with the exception of the fav this is one of the worst bumpers you could find and the favs run at Fontwell was weak enough though he comes from a big yard.

Sharks one must be placed at least and will not have to improve from her last run to win I backed it ew.

My other bet today is gameplay 7 10 Wol,has shown nothing in 3 runs but has been "cut" since last run and could come on a lot for that,connections must have seen something to hold onto him and he starts in handicaps from a very low base I backed it ew as well.

Shark's one sweated up badly and still finished very close,if held up might have won and at least I was right about the fav 5/4 and not much good.

Game play took a while to get going and ran on well for 3rd so just a little profit on the day.

It was obviously something other than his strike rate that earned him the nickname the shark.

BumperD wrote: »
    It was obviously something other than his strike rate that earned him the nickname the shark.

Larger than life,not my favourite trainer but I am not in the camp that swears he can't train.
    Great fun at Cheltenham when he gets down and dirty with the punters in the pubs.

Money back as a free bet if 2nd to the jolly at Salsbury with PP and we should concentrate on that meeting for a couple of bets.

Bint Al Reem landed a touch first time out in a race that produced a few winners and she was heavily backed.

She was very disappointing over 7 furlongs in a group 3 when finishing last of 7 though only beaten 4 1/2 lengths Most horses in that race have run well and while I have no idea why she ran a lack lustre race this can happen with fillies and I fancy she will run much better dropped back to 6 furlongs after a break.
    I think she can win this one and at the price (around 5/1) is worth supporting without going mad,my bet is €50 ew and I feel she can bounce back.

Godolphin have a lot of runners and I might do what I should not do have a small stake lucky fifteen or something like that on their runners.

I have had a good ew bet on Worlds his Oyster 8 10 kem on the strength of what I was told.

Money back as a free bet if 2nd to the jolly at Salsbury with PP and we should concentrate on that meeting for a couple of bets.

Bint Al Reem landed a touch first time out in a race that produced a few winners and she was heavily backed.

She was very disappointing over 7 furlongs in a group 3 when finishing last of 7 though only beaten 4 1/2 lengths Most horses in that race have run well and while I have no idea why she ran a lack lustre race this can happen with fillies and I fancy she will run much better dropped back to 6 furlongs after a break.
    I think she can win this one and at the price (around 5/1) is worth supporting without going mad,my bet is €50 ew and I feel she can bounce back.

Godolphin have a lot of runners and I might do what I should not do have a small stake lucky fifteen or something like that on their runners.

First one from here that didn't try too hard,refused to hold his position and then ran faster than the rest when race was over,nearly got 3rd they obviously did not want a penalty and have something else in mind.
    Looked bad as price drifted.

I have had a good ew bet on Worlds his Oyster 8 10 kem on the strength of what I was told.

Well backed ran no sort of race,mea culpa.

• Advertisement

The finale at clonmel looks decent tomorrow, with mags Mullins kings theatre and winters newcomers both bred to mix it up but I'm hoping cashelard lady will put her experience (which doesn't read half bad) to use and see them off in a first time hood ew 8/1. Good luck.

The finale at clonmel looks decent tomorrow, with mags Mullins kings theatre and winters newcomers both bred to mix it up but I'm hoping cashelard lady will put her experience (which doesn't read half bad) to use and see them off in a first time hood ew 8/1. Good luck.

I was told today that Winters horse is the real deal,a guy that asked Winters was the horse for sale told me so I had a few quid on Blazes Peg,though I don't often back them on first run.

I was told today that Winters horse is the real deal,a guy that asked Winters was the horse for sale told me so I had a few quid on Blazes Peg,though I don't often back them on first run.

As so often happens, the form horse beats the talking horse.

I should have known better,and I usually do.
    Blazes Peg is useful alright and may be seen in a better light over further and over hurdles and fences and is worth putting in the notebook.

I am glad my bet was modest because backing first time out is foolish.

Yeah, a lot of money poured onto winters yoke. Woke up this am and saw 5-1 into 5/2 - a lot of money lost - they normally pull off those gambles.

My one only finished just ahead of winters in 4th. Not good enough

Looking forward to tipp tomorrow. Shake devaney in the last at fontwell has had some ew money, a rakti gelding whose first two runs wouldn't inspire much confidence on paper. Will be watching

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think shifting moon could take a fair bit of beating at cc (7.10)
    9/4 not a bad price, surely be shorter tomor

Golden Birthday, half brother to the prolific golden silver debuts in the last today at punchestown, Liz Doyle's string in fine form and when the money is down(poured on overnight) they rarely get it wrong. I'm sticking on a few quid 13/8.

Golden Birthday, half brother to the prolific golden silver debuts in the last today at punchestown, Liz Doyle's string in fine form and when the money is down(poured on overnight) they rarely get it wrong. I'm sticking on a few quid 13/8.

Beaten 2nd at evs.

• Advertisement

Bochard 6 50 Wol is too big a price around 7/8 to 1.
    Will be better suited by the drop back to 5 furlongs and looks a decent ew bet at the price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement