Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    Noticed both Bold Thady Quill and Seanie are out in the last at Leopardstown (7:20)

Cannot decide, so..

Bold Thady Quill 14/1 EW
    Seanie 20/1 EW

Seanie with a good 3rd. Place money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Legatissimo was to be the banker for me and connections were very bullish,however the rain has made the whole thing change and as of now Legatissimo may not even run.

If she does take part she may well win as she is an outstanding filly but I cannot back it today,a mile is only just far enough for her and her finishing kick may be blunted as she is way better on gd to frm.
    Cladocera at 16s is now the value for me,she will love the ground and is not coming from France for nothing an ew bet might pay dividends runs Leop 6 20

The ground dried out enough for them to let Legatissimo take her chance and having watched the earlier races I had a small win bet on her,but had she not run I would have had a good touch on the runner up ew at 16s.
    Still collected on both so won't complain too much.
    I have been told to back one in Listowel on Sun and I will post it on the tips thread later.

Modest fare today,i had one bet Dismantle in the 2nd at WOL.
    Hard to see the Godolphin runner out of first 3,i backed it ew at 4s last night and will probably go in again today.
    I was impressed with last run on very heavy ground and though it was a very ordinary contest horse was not knocked about and unless there is a very smart newcomer the race should be won by Dismantle.
    Symposium is very short and though the Haggas stable is in great form the horse is way too short and ew Dismantle looks a bet to nothing because if it cant get in the first 3 they can give it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

zimmermania is back :)

Azerelle 9/1 (Wolver 3.40)

• Advertisement

Azerelle 9/1 (Wolver 3.40)

Somehow ran worse after a justified step up in trip, and drop of1lb. That makes no sense :(

Modest fare today,i had one bet Dismantle in the 2nd at WOL.
    Hard to see the Godolphin runner out of first 3,i backed it ew at 4s last night and will probably go in again today.
    I was impressed with last run on very heavy ground and though it was a very ordinary contest horse was not knocked about and unless there is a very smart newcomer the race should be won by Dismantle.
    Symposium is very short and though the Haggas stable is in great form the horse is way too short and ew Dismantle looks a bet to nothing because if it cant get in the first 3 they can give it away.

Ran well enough just could not quite get up,money back for 2nd in Powers so a small profit.

magicmoves wrote: »
    zimmermania is back :)

Haa ha,i was never far away and was keeping an eye on you all.
    I had to take a break (from posting not punting) and because I take my betting serious enough and because I am ok with the fact that one that is really fancied can lose I always feel bad if I tip one that i rate a serious bet and it gets turned over and punters on here do their dosh.
    I know it is up to each individual to make up their own mind but I still feel bad about it if one runs a crap race.

Mediocre stuff today but the best horse on show could be John Gosden's Cartago in the nursery at 2 50 in Yarmouth.
    Only 3 seem to have any chance and Roger Varian's one is 2nd fav,i was not impressed with his 3rd of 4 last time on bad ground and while the price on Cartago (11/8)is short i can't see him beaten today under a 6 lb penalty and he will probably do better in time.
    Won't make anyone rich but I am happy to back it.

Mediocre stuff today but the best horse on show could be John Gosden's Cartago in the nursery at 2 50 in Yarmouth.
    Only 3 seem to have any chance and Roger Varian's one is 2nd fav,i was not impressed with his 3rd of 4 last time on bad ground and while the price on Cartago (11/8)is short i can't see him beaten today under a 6 lb penalty and he will probably do better in time.
    Won't make anyone rich but I am happy to back it.

Boom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drive it like you stole it :)))))))))))))))

• Advertisement

Snakes and Ladders runs in the 3 45 at Listowel wed assuming racing goes ahead.
    This horse has run over 6, 7 and 5 furlongs in his last 3 runs and ran 3 times over hurdles in 2014 when it became obvious he did not take to the NH game.

He used to be trained by Tommy Stack before moving to Niall Madden for the jumping game.

It is hard to believe he has only won once but he has run some very good races in defeat and has now dropped to a very attractive mark.
    In his last race,a hot 6 furlongs handicap at the Curragh he was last of 18 at the halfway stage and yet finished 2nd.

He has never run over 9 furlongs before but has won over 8 and ran well over 8 at the stiff Navan track so I think he will get home.

Obviously he is difficult to win with and his trainers do not seem to really know his best trip so it may seem foolish to back him tomorrow,but I believe heavy ground is the key to him and now that he is well handicapped he can win at any trip up to 9 furlongs.

He takes a bit of knowing and has to be kept going but Fran Berry knows him well and I am going to back him even though he has not run over the trip and I am reasonably confident he can win with ground and weights in his favour.

If one has to have a bet in the "NATIONAL"at Listowel today stakes should be small as this race is almost impossible to solve and is probably a bookies benefit.

Cantlow coming over from Britain interests me a little,has been supported from time to time and given the connections they would not persevere unless they thought he could win races such as this one.
    I am having a small ew (10 ew) as he goes on the ground and has come down a few pounds.
    All JPs are running to win and at around 20s he could be value in a race to watch rather than get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If one has to have a bet in the "NATIONAL"at Listowel today stakes should be small as this race is almost impossible to solve and is probably a bookies benefit.

Cantlow coming over from Britain interests me a little,has been supported from time to time and given the connections they would not persevere unless they thought he could win races such as this one.
    I am having a small ew (10 ew) as he goes on the ground and has come down a few pounds.
    All JPs are running to win and at around 20s he could be value in a race to watch rather than get stuck in.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Fell when close up and going very well with a circuit to go,thats how it goes in these difficult contests.

Snakes and Ladders runs in the 3 45 at Listowel wed assuming racing goes ahead.
    This horse has run over 6, 7 and 5 furlongs in his last 3 runs and ran 3 times over hurdles in 2014 when it became obvious he did not take to the NH game.

He used to be trained by Tommy Stack before moving to Niall Madden for the jumping game.

It is hard to believe he has only won once but he has run some very good races in defeat and has now dropped to a very attractive mark.
    In his last race,a hot 6 furlongs handicap at the Curragh he was last of 18 at the halfway stage and yet finished 2nd.

He has never run over 9 furlongs before but has won over 8 and ran well over 8 at the stiff Navan track so I think he will get home.

Obviously he is difficult to win with and his trainers do not seem to really know his best trip so it may seem foolish to back him tomorrow,but I believe heavy ground is the key to him and now that he is well handicapped he can win at any trip up to 9 furlongs.

He takes a bit of knowing and has to be kept going but Fran Berry knows him well and I am going to back him even though he has not run over the trip and I am reasonably confident he can win with ground and weights in his favour.

He won today :)))))))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Draco in 7.00 listowel 10/3
    Was posted up here or in the tips thread last time came 2nd.

He won today :)))))))))))

He did indeed and my slight fear about the 9 furlong trip yesterday may have been well founded,backed it ew yesterday and had a bigger ew bet today over the shorter trip and I hope a few others backed it as well,can win again while ground is still soft and will not mind dropping down to 7 furlongs imo.

I literally bumped into a very serious punter today coming out of PP office,don't know this guy very well but know he is a big punter.

He asked if I fancied anything and I mentioned I backed Snakes and Ladders and he said he fancied Mine Now in the 5 35 Listowel,i went back in and had a score ew at 7s and I am just mentioning it here.
    The only other horse I fancied today (besides Snakes and Ladders) is Captain Scooby 6 oc Pontrefact who has a real chance on form and has his ground today.
    One taken out and now only 7 runners but I still backed it ew but I reduced my stake as 8 runners would have made this fellow a solid ew bet at 5s.
    That's it until tomorrow.

Have done both of them each way. I do like the look of Captian Scooby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

bassy wrote: »
    Draco in 7.00 listowel 10/3
    Was posted up here or in the tips thread last time came 2nd.

Wrong time it's the 5pm race

• Advertisement

Have done both of them each way. I do like the look of Captian Scooby

Not many others seem to fancy Scooby as he can now be backed at 10/1 and 11/1 in places,not a good sign to see one drift like that.

Not many others seem to fancy Scooby as he can now be backed at 10/1 and 11/1 in places,not a good sign to see one drift like that.

It must be the ground. Probably more good than good to soft

It must be the ground. Probably more good than good to soft

Ground should have been ok,they decided that today was not the day I presume.

I should have more sense than listening to a guy who said he fancied a horse and would have saved a few quid,still came out ahead thanks to Snakes and Ladders and I fancy a couple in Listowel tomorrow I will write them up later when I come back from a bit of a night out and a few beers.

Sr Cartage 3 45 Listowel looks worth a fairly decent bet,he beat Snakes and Ladders easily on wed and looks to have a real chance Friday,
    This would be an absolute maximum except for the race wed was over 9 furlongs and the race tomorrow is a mile and a half.
    He has run well over 10 before and I am sure Bolger is running again before handicapper puts him up more than his penalty.

I have backed it ew 5/2 and have a big enough bet on because I am happy that Bolger believes it will stay and if it does it wins.

My other bet in Listowel has a different problem,he is dropping back in trip.
    Dragon Khan has never won in more than 20 outings.
    A bit like Snakes and Ladders he also did not take to hurdles and they have tried him over a variety of distances but never over 6 furlongs before now.
    Trained by Christy Roche for JP I believe he will be staying on at the finish and as this is likely to be run at a fast pace I think he will win off his reduced handicap mark.

At 7/1 he is worth an ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Sr Cartage 3 45 Listowel looks worth a fairly decent bet,he beat Snakes and Ladders easily on wed and looks to have a real chance Friday,
    This would be an absolute maximum except for the race wed was over 9 furlongs and the race tomorrow is a mile and a half.
    He has run well over 10 before and I am sure Bolger is running again before handicapper puts him up more than his penalty.

I have backed it ew 5/2 and have a big enough bet on because I am happy that Bolger believes it will stay and if it does it wins.

My other bet in Listowel has a different problem,he is dropping back in trip.
    Dragon Khan has never won in more than 20 outings.
    A bit like Snakes and Ladders he also did not take to hurdles and they have tried him over a variety of distances but never over 6 furlongs before now.
    Trained by Christy Roche for JP I believe he will be staying on at the finish and as this is likely to be run at a fast pace I think he will win off his reduced handicap mark.

At 7/1 he is worth an ew bet.

Excellent Zimmer, nearly being a lovely double, well done...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Put Sr Cartage in a double with easton angel , fingers crossed :)

Lots of racing Saturday but not too many betting opportunities leaping out at me yet.

PP is giving money back if 2nd to the fav all races at Newbury.This offer is online and I do not know if it applies in the shops.

The Arc trial at 1 45 is interesting even though only 6 run and Eagle Top is a hot fav.Ibacked the Godolphin horse Sky Hunter even though he has to give weight away all round as a result of winning a group race in Meydan.

He seems overpriced to me at 9/1 PP as he is most consistent and I backed it ew he has not run since march but the stable can get them ready when they want.The fav has finished 2nd in his last 3 races and finds it hard to win and may be suited by better ground.

The Ayr gold cup at 3 45 is a great spectacle but shoud be avoided for betting purposes,if one must have a bet a little ew RIvellino or Highland Acclaim might pay a dividend but no bet for me on this one.
    The nh card in Listowel might be worth looking at for a bet or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Two Fancies.

Don't Touch at Ayr ew 7/1.

Mehronissa at Newmarket ew 8/1.

May all your selections run straight & true.

I cannot take Eagle Top or The Corsican in the next

I am interested in Sky Hunter 8/1 (Newbury 1:45)

• Advertisement

I cannot take Eagle Top or The Corsican in the next

I am interested in Sky Hunter 8/1 (Newbury 1:45)

2nd :(. Still managed to beat the odds on fave though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement