Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I suggested Barbecue was worth backing today but he did not get into the race when a reserve.

That race was over 6 furlongs which imo suits him well.He is entered in the 3 35 Cork on Thur and he probably would be sure to go very close if the race was over 6 rather than 5 furlongs.

However the horse can be backed at 8/1 and the ground conditions will ensure that the race will require more than just speed so I have had a good bet ew on Barbecue and I am confident he will be cutting down the front runners towards the finish.

Stack seems to have the horse in good form and appears anxious to run him at the moment.

8/1 is a very good price and if Barbecue breaks on terms I believe he will win.

Spennithorne 6 15 Chelmsford has the look of an improving horse and the extra furlong he has to travel is in his favour.

His owner (Godolphin) are in fine form, all their horses are running well and I backed him at 6/4.
    Barbecue missed break last 1 furlong out finished fast beaten 1/2 nk 1/2 nk
    definite winner back over6 or 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Barbecue missed break last 1 furlong out finished fast beaten 1/2 nk 1/2 nk
    definite winner back over6 or 7.

Watched the replay a few times and have to agree 100%
    Hopefully we'll see it over 6 next time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Have not seen a race all day, but want to do Copious Katie 50/1 EW in the next a Chelmsford. Thought she looked decent LTO, but the race was a mess.

tinodz wrote: »
    Have not seen a race all day, but want to do Copious Katie 50/1 EW in the next a Chelmsford. Thought she looked decent LTO, but the race was a mess.

Near the back of the pack.. for whatever reason I think this filly can do better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bit bored here so I've 2 small bets on the next 2 in Chelmsford, Midnight Whistler to win in the next and ew on Idel Talker in the 9.15

• Advertisement

I suggested Barbecue was worth backing today but he did not get into the race when a reserve.

That race was over 6 furlongs which imo suits him well.He is entered in the 3 35 Cork on Thur and he probably would be sure to go very close if the race was over 6 rather than 5 furlongs.

However the horse can be backed at 8/1 and the ground conditions will ensure that the race will require more than just speed so I have had a good bet ew on Barbecue and I am confident he will be cutting down the front runners towards the finish.

Stack seems to have the horse in good form and appears anxious to run him at the moment.

8/1 is a very good price and if Barbecue breaks on terms I believe he will win.

Spennithorne 6 15 Chelmsford has the look of an improving horse and the extra furlong he has to travel is in his favour.

His owner (Godolphin) are in fine form, all their horses are running well and I backed him at 6/4.

:D thanks to Godolphin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman wrote: »
    Bit bored here so I've 2 small bets on the next 2 in Chelmsford, Midnight Whistler to win in the next and ew on Idel Talker in the 9.15

And that's why you shouldn't bet when you're bored

Fancy one in the 3 05 at Newmarket on Friday,Promising Run has only had two runs and looks like one with a bit of class.
    Easy winner lto on soft ground could be the real deal,the fav has not impressed me and I have backed Promising Run ew at 9/2 even though only 7 runners.This will be my only bet unless I hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

on promising run also, keen to take on that fav

very impressed with wadi al hatawi lto also and have backed custom cut at 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

zimmermania you deserve a pint :)

• Advertisement

The 6 05 Dundalk is between Diamond Fields and The Yellow Bus, both are well fancied but prices too skinny to do a rev forecast so I have not had a bet.
    However I might hear something more before race time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

However I might hear something more before race time.

Hear something from where?

Hear something from where?

If I hear something it will matter but I am hardly going to say much about the source on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If I hear something it will matter but I am hardly going to say much about the source on here.

I'n not asking for any names. Are you suggesting that some 'source' is going to give you information before racetime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Sea of blue 7:35
    Captain Carlton 8:05

My only 2 bets in Dundalk tonite

I'n not asking for any names. Are you suggesting that some 'source' is going to give you information before racetime?

I said IF I hear something and I sometimes do,do you find that so strange?

I backed Diamond Field to beat The Yellow Bus in STRAIGHT FORECAST

Zebgrey 5/1 (6.05 Dundalk) debuting on Polytrack. If he does not try to break the stalls (he hates them), then some good might come out of backing him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mr Michael in the 6:05 for me

zimmermania do you ever go wrong haha great stuff man :) much appreciated :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Class!

tinodz wrote: »
    Zebgrey 5/1 (6.05 Dundalk) debuting on Polytrack. If he does not try to break the stalls (he hates them), then some good might come out of backing him

Zeb had her best ever run on Poly (4th), and did not seem to god mad in stalls. Think there is a solid chance next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Salvado 6.45W

Regulars readers will know why im backing this fella

Actually like Well Caught here at Dundalk.

Nabbed close home

Not his day.

going to have a small each way on soul searcher in 1915 :)

The 2 15 at Market Rasen tomorrow is a competitive little handicap hurdle and the irish raider Queen Alphabet at 8/1 is the one I believe will take all the beating.
    Good ground suits the 6 year old and I know connections are confident the horse will run well.

I have backed it at 8s ew and I see it as a value bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

bassy wrote: »
    Sea of blue 7:35
    Captain Carlton 8:05

My only 2 bets in Dundalk tonite

Good win on captain Carleton,but sea of blue was a stinker.

• Advertisement

Messie is a huge price in the 5 15 Navan,ran well enough lto and is fancied tomorrow 14/1 available now with PP will not last.
    This should probably be in the tips thread but mine keep getting beat there so I think most can tell the difference between what I myself fancy and what I am told is fancied so few quid ew this one is advised.

Another one worth a small ew is Afram Blue in the 2 55, 27 runner handicap at 255 in Navan.

Not for widows or orphans Afram Blue is worth a small ew bet and some bookies may be going 5 or 6 places.
    Well capable of winning races he came from a long way back to finish 4th last time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement