Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭zimmermania

The 3 10 at ayr has cut up badly and now the race offers the days best bet in Mutakayyef trained by the in form William Haggas.
    This one is fresher than most and will go on any ground.
    Chill the Kite is useful but is better over a mile and should not be good enough for this.

Michael Stoute runs Exosphere won a Sandown handicap last time and is improving.

However he was well handicapped last time and while the ground was good then he would not want any rain.
    Mutakayyef looks better than these and I backed it at 13/8 PP and I believe it will win

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Mutakayyef later = good thing

^^^ haha what he said

Tony Martin's runner interesting in the 3 50 Newmarket Encrypted message

Highland Acclaim here lads. Steps with a boost to his last run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭droidman123

Heavens guest is 9/1 now....i got 22/1 this morning! Means nothing of course if it doesnt win

Slattsy wrote: »
    Highland Acclaim here lads. Steps with a boost to his last run.

Backed highland acclaim last week in the portland, i am keen on him todaynas well but i went with the fahy horse.

17/2 now - hope it wins for you

Dont touch is some horse, surely will be out of handicap company next season

Tony Martin's runner interesting in the 3 50 Newmarket Encrypted message

Had small ew bet,that was probably a fact finding mission and whatever Martin sends to the real thing following the good showing by one that would be a fair bit behind the best staying handicappers in the yard must be supported.

• Advertisement

Dont touch is some horse, surely will be out of handicap company next season

Dead right,i met a good judge who has had horses for many years this week and he told me he backed Don't Touch because he was told he was a group one horse and that Fahy was very confident.
    Not my kind of race so I am sorry to say I did not get involved.
    The one I gave a chance to was Rivellino,finished 10th only beaten 3 lengths which just goes to show punters should not even consider big field sprints,they are usually bookie benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Two Fancies.

Don't Touch at Ayr ew 7/1.

Mehronissa at Newmarket ew 8/1.

May all your selections run straight & true.

Think that deserves a double boom boom

:D

Think that deserves a double boom boom

:D

Well done!

Nice one !

Fahey having a ridicioulous day at ayr, landed another touch there

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

99 times out of 100 when you do silly bets you end up with nothing
    maybe today....
    what I didnt spot was that fahey also had one in the first race

zs6jo.jpg

Fingers crossed

Scot-touch won the 3.10 :D

could he have given that horse any more to do ffs :(

mailburner wrote: »
    could he have given that horse any more to do ffs :(

Saved Hills a £5m payout per racing post

• Advertisement

Green Bank has been in very poor form, just like he was last year when running away with the plumpton chase tomorrow under coleman. Cannot resist an ew 5/1 given hes down to the same mark. You'd imagine this has been the target.

Best bet tomorrow imo is Dutiful Son 5 40 Kempton.Carries top weight in this mile handicap but has been running well at fancy prices in better handicaps and has probably earned top weight.

His shrewd trainer Simon Dow is in good form and I think the horse will take all the beating at 6/1 so I have backed it ew.PP giving money back (as a free bet) if 2nd in all races at Kempton online and I do not know if that offer will be available in the offices.

The 6/1 is gone this morning 5s most places now.

I backed another one this morning also at Kempton--the Godolphin owned Power Game runs in its first handicap today and may have been let in lightly in the 5 10 Kempton.

Price skinny enough at 9/4 but the free bet to stake offer makes the bet value and the lightly raced Power Game could have a lot of improvement to come.
    Won't see either of the races as I am playing golf for the afternoon and hope the replays later on this evening produce the desired result.

Best bet tomorrow imo is Dutiful Son 5 40 Kempton.Carries top weight in this mile handicap but has been running well at fancy prices in better handicaps and has probably earned top weight.

His shrewd trainer Simon Dow is in good form and I think the horse will take all the beating at 6/1 so I have backed it ew.PP giving money back (as a free bet) if 2nd in all races at Kempton online and I do not know if that offer will be available in the offices.

The 6/1 is gone this morning 5s most places now.

I backed another one this morning also at Kempton--the Godolphin owned Power Game runs in its first handicap today and may have been let in lightly in the 5 10 Kempton.

Price skinny enough at 9/4 but the free bet to stake offer makes the bet value and the lightly raced Power Game could have a lot of improvement to come.
    Won't see either of the races as I am playing golf for the afternoon and hope the replays later on this evening produce the desired result.

First one beaten two necks into 3rd got a small profit and the Godolphin horse hacks up,i was on at 9/4.

My picks doing better than some of the tips I get and post here

Saved Hills a £5m payout per racing post

only seen this now
    that's far more heartbreaking tbh

mailburner wrote: »
    only seen this now
    that's far more heartbreaking tbh

Would have been nice to see hills scalded!

Yours Truly is being persevered with and must be better than he has shown any improvement would be enough to win the 3 50 at Ling.
    Desert Hero is also worth a bet in the 2 50 Ling.

Yours Truly is being persevered with and must be better than he has shown any improvement would be enough to win the 3 50 at Ling.
    Desert Hero is also worth a bet in the 2 50 Ling.

Two 4/1 winners,a nice touch and a very profitable day for me.

Will be busy tomorrow for a good part of the day so did my form study tonight and placed my bets online with PP so any prices I refer to are PP prices.

Some big fields with an end of season look to them and most are best avoided,though I did have a bet in the 2 20 at Naas despite the big field.

A horse I put up last week,Dragon Khan ran 2nd at 9/1 last week and could run well again as C Roche tries to get this one to lose his maiden tag. He will probably run well again here but I will only back him if Barbecue,trained by T Stack does not get in (1ST reserve).

Barbecue ran in the same race as Dragon Khan last week and finished 6th,came from a long way back then and got squeezed for room before running on well too late.

I backed it ew at 10s and give it a reasonable chance.

My 2nd bet is Basem 3 45 Goodwood at 11/8,short enough price but I think he has only 1 to beat and has a lot of improvement to come.If the ground (soft) improves to good to soft in the morning I will increase my stake.
    My final bet is another Godolphin horse Khusoosy 7/4 8 25 Kempton,while only 5th last time he was only beaten 3/4 of a length and has the class to win this and has already proved he likes the track.

Will be busy tomorrow for a good part of the day so did my form study tonight and placed my bets online with PP so any prices I refer to are PP prices.

Some big fields with an end of season look to them and most are best avoided,though I did have a bet in the 2 20 at Naas despite the big field.

A horse I put up last week,Dragon Khan ran 2nd at 9/1 last week and could run well again as C Roche tries to get this one to lose his maiden tag. He will probably run well again here but I will only back him if Barbecue,trained by T Stack does not get in (1ST reserve).

Barbecue ran in the same race as Dragon Khan last week and finished 6th,came from a long way back then and got squeezed for room before running on well too late.

I backed it ew at 10s and give it a reasonable chance.

My 2nd bet is Basem 3 45 Goodwood at 11/8,short enough price but I think he has only 1 to beat and has a lot of improvement to come.If the ground (soft) improves to good to soft in the morning I will increase my stake.
    My final bet is another Godolphin horse Khusoosy 7/4 8 25 Kempton,while only 5th last time he was only beaten 3/4 of a length and has the class to win this and has already proved he likes the track.

No great joy but a small profit on the day,Basem very disappointing,Khusoosy impressive enough and did not actually discover Barbecue did not get in the race until tonight,still no harm done and Godolphin horses still worth a bit of attention.

• Advertisement

I suggested Barbecue was worth backing today but he did not get into the race when a reserve.

That race was over 6 furlongs which imo suits him well.He is entered in the 3 35 Cork on Thur and he probably would be sure to go very close if the race was over 6 rather than 5 furlongs.

However the horse can be backed at 8/1 and the ground conditions will ensure that the race will require more than just speed so I have had a good bet ew on Barbecue and I am confident he will be cutting down the front runners towards the finish.

Stack seems to have the horse in good form and appears anxious to run him at the moment.

8/1 is a very good price and if Barbecue breaks on terms I believe he will win.

Spennithorne 6 15 Chelmsford has the look of an improving horse and the extra furlong he has to travel is in his favour.

His owner (Godolphin) are in fine form, all their horses are running well and I backed him at 6/4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement