Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Prison.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

godtabh wrote: »
    I assume the thread was in Personal Issues as it isnt coming up in search
    Here we go:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054910611

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Everything I needed to know about prison, I learned from this scene.

Oh, also - there's the courtesy flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

When taking a crap, take one foot fully out of your trousers & jocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

I heard that in prison they pee in a cup and throw it on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The prison officer thread is well worth a read.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333310

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

That's the best part, they genuinely seem to be able to rehabilitate inmates and make them capable of integrating into society better than they ever could've before entering prison

Spot on about norway,a spanish friend of mine is currently serving 9 years over there for drug traffiking.They use a trust system there.Hes three years into it now and leaves the prison 5 days a week,essentially a free man,and travels into oslo,unaccompanied on public transport where he teaches Spanish and German in a centre for recovering addicts. Proper day release is frequent,indeed he often jokes that he gets more action from the wife than he was before he was locked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hope if I do a crime, I go to a jail in Norway. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭SummerSummit

And the lowest risidism rates

That is wrong. They have the same if not higher recidivism rate then the rest of the developed world.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95463948&postcount=83

http://www.ssb.no/en/forskning/discussion-papers/_attachment/166596?_ts=14496f98d88

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Hope if I do a crime, I go to a jail in Norway. :P

I hope if I do a crime,I don't get caught ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Naos wrote: »
    When taking a crap, take one foot fully out of your trousers & jocks.

I don't get it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭SummerSummit

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I don't get it...

So your trousers aren't trapped around your ankles.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

I think that the creators of the Wire should make a show about a former inmate who has spent 20+ years inside and now faces a world that's vastly different to the one they knew before they went to prison. They explored this with Cutty's character, but the theme has enough meat for its own show imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

If its in mountjoy then you will still have to slop-out. You will more than likely have to share a cell with 2/3 other prisoners as well as the place is so overcrowded. The dinners are really nice though, breakfast/lunch/dinner and tea/supper. Keep to yourself and you should be fine.

Trying to sleep at night can be a pain in the arse (pun intended) as your room-mate masturbates in the bed beside you, just pretend you are asleep and it will be over fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Get a borstal spot tattooed on your face and slice yourself from ear to mouth , that type of scar impresses everyone.Maybe do it in the exercise yard or in front of the governor.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If its in mountjoy then you will still have to slop-out. You will more than likely have to share a cell with 2/3 other prisoners as well as the place is so overcrowded. The dinners are really nice though, breakfast/lunch/dinner and tea/supper. Keep to yourself and you should be fine.

Trying to sleep at night can be a pain in the arse (pun intended) as your room-mate masturbates in the bed beside you, just pretend you are asleep and it will be over fairly quickly.

Untrue. It's all single cell accommodation now and every cell has its own toilet and running water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ok I'll ask it so.

What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ok I'll ask it so.

What did you do?

Innocent mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

I knew a lad who done 2 years for assault with a baseball bat.hes a very quiet chap just a mad man with drink.

Anyhow he was in wheatfield and made a laugh of disabled prisoner little did he know the disabled guy was good friends with the 'heavys' of that cell block and word got out that he was going to be stabbed while on some landing by this gangster

He ended up apologising and a lot of sobbing and all was forgiven.

kneemos wrote: »
    Innocent mate.

Thats what they all say , everyone inside is innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Keep yourself to yourself.
    Never have more than 2 smokes on you. Don't accept favors or lends off anyone.
    Try not to be last out of a room.
    If you see all the prison officers leaving an area at the same time, be on the look out.

Why would you not want to be the last to leave a room?

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Untrue. It's all single cell accommodation now and every cell has its own toilet and running water.

There are still parts of mountjoy that still have slopping out. From a seriously overcrowded prison, all of a sudden every single prisoner has their own cell, I'd seriously doubt that is the case.

There are still parts of mountjoy that still have slopping out. From a seriously overcrowded prison, all of a sudden every single prisoner has their own cell, I'd seriously doubt that is the case.

There's no slopping out whatsoever anymore. And yes, it's all single cells despite your doubts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Trojan Donkey

Don't drop the soap
    Gmaximum wrote: »
    Don't drop the soap

Both at the exact same time.

I assume both of you have been in that situation together? :p

I just have a feeling that Mr. Omackeral might have a little "inside" information .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

be very wary of snooker cues and people holding snooker cues!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Trojan Donkey

kneemos wrote: »
    Innocent mate.

Innocent or not, you're going to prison for a reason. What is that reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

There was that thread a little while ago about the woman who spent the day in the dochas centre.

There's no slopping out whatsoever anymore. And yes, it's all single cells despite your doubts.

Well if that's the case then I'm impressed with how fast they implemented this. Sounds a hell of a lot better than having to share a double cell with 3 other prisoners. Good stuff.

Well if that's the case then I'm impressed with how fast they implemented this. Sounds a hell of a lot better than having to share a double cell with 3 other prisoners. Good stuff.

Absolutely. I know there's bad people in there and all but making people go to the toilet in a bucket with two or three lads in the same room as you is filth. Should have never been allowed in this century or the last.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. I know there's bad people in there and all but making people go to the toilet in a bucket with two or three lads in the same room as you is filth. Should have never been allowed in this century or the last.

That was an annoyance for sure back when I was in there only for a week on remand. I just banged the cell door for the guard and just asked could I use the bathroom, and they allowed me to leave the cell after the 3rd day to use it.

Well with every prisoner having their own cell now, it will surely ease the narkyness of most prisoners and less arguments/fights.

Advertisement