Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Prison.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Omackeral wrote: »
    Absolutely. I know there's bad people in there and all but making people go to the toilet in a bucket with two or three lads in the same room as you is filth. Should have never been allowed in this century or the last.

Sorry but it's prison, not Disney world.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

as making people that may already have anger issues more angry, then releasing them into the public, is gonna work well!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Innocent or not, you're going to prison for a reason. What is that reason?

Just curious.

Unless you know something I don't I'm not aware of an impending incarceration.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well aware of that but it's not an animal farm either. You should be afforded facilities to do your natural business in, not asking for Playstations or anything here.

Aside from the sheer degradation, the risk of catching disease as human waste is contained in buckets without sanitation in a box room with three people has to be high. Not to mention, when there was slopping out, staff were often targetted with prisoners' fecal matter and urine. Wasn't fair on them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RubRox

Well my father was a retired prison officer, and he said that most of what you see in the movies is rubbish.
    I mean depending on the prison you will come across different people, it also depends on your offence For example if any prisoner is going to be targeted , it will be the rapist.. rapists usually get the **** kicked out of them.
    Just keep to yourself and use your wit, don't be stupid and don't get involved in other peoples issues..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Ok I'll ask it so.

What did you do?

Nice try Sgt.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Nice try Sgt.

Ok what didnt you do?

Heard they were putting toilets in the Joy years ago,some EU directive or something.
    Last I heard they were sleeping on floors it was so overcrowded though.Guess things have improved .

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Don't ever ask anyone what they're "in for".

Someone asks you why you're "in", say "got caught" and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ok what didnt you do?
    Didnt do nuthin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 RubRox

'Everyone's innocent in here, didn't you know that'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

ianuss wrote:
    Why would you not want to be the last to leave a room?
    Because somebody could be lurking or corner you to kick the head off you.
    I just have a feeling that Mr. Omackeral might have a little "inside" information .
    He was the guard on the AMA thread.

ianuss wrote: »
    Why would you not want to be the last to leave a room?
    You know the old line, 'never be the first to arrive at a party nor the last to leave'.

Same rationale no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Egginacup wrote: »
    Don't ever ask anyone what they're "in for".

Someone asks you why you're "in", say "got caught" and walk away.

'Didn't do it. Lawyer fucked me.' :cool:

Everyone around you will have a hearty chuckle and think, he's okay this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Ruu wrote: »
    'Didn't do it. Lawyer fucked me.' :cool:

Everyone around you will have a hearty chuckle and think, he's okay this one!

The running joke answer at the min is 'didn't pay my TV licence'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Chloris wrote: »

He was the guard on the AMA thread.

He was not !!!!!!! He wears a suit with stripes on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Wonder how the chap who imported garlic broke the news! Poor fella. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Innocent or not, you're going to prison for a reason. What is that reason?

How fitting, this poster is now in the boards prison forum protesting his innocence and trying to overturn a site ban

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057442151/1/#post95777822

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    How fitting, this poster is now in the boards prison forum protesting his innocence and trying to overturn a site ban

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057442151/1/#post95777822

Fr Ted Crilly.I liked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joollyparo

Try not to whistle, it draws attention.

• Advertisement

Some aspects of the system are just bizarre. An obvious one being access to lawyers. When someone is in a cell at a Garda station, there are a myriad of rules and requirements for the Gardai, and rightly so. Once they go inside on remand, access seems to depend entirely on whether staff at the prison can be arsed, the union only allows X to open the gate and he's off cos he hurt his back, the other guy who can open it on Sundays with an R in the month is on a fag break etc. etc. with all the focus on Courts, Judges, Solicitors etc. there seems to be no hunger for a real analysis of the prison system.

Advertisement