Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break (2016) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Already miles better than Seasons 3 & 4 combined. It's got lot's going for it, with most of the main players returning and plenty of intrigue as to what is actually going on. With only 9 episodes, it's gonna be all killer, no filler, which is also a plus.

Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

A decent start to the series I'd give it 6 out of 10 and it's hooked me better than 24 anyway.
    Already miles better than Seasons 3 & 4 combined. It's got lot's going for it, with most of the main players returning and plenty of intrigue as to what is actually going on. With only 9 episodes, it's gonna be all killer, no filler, which is also a plus.

Good times.

bugger, missed it, what channel is/ was it on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Good times.

Will I need to rewatch S4 and the TV movie or I can I just jump in and catch up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Will I need to rewatch S4 and the TV movie or I can I just jump in and catch up?

You can probably just jump straight in. If you know what happens in the last 5 minutes of the TV movie you're up to speed. It's a new story, set 7 years later anyway, so as long as you know who Michael, Lincoln, Sucre, C-Note, Sara and T-Bag are you're good to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Did they explain why Sara is not on the run? Can't remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Unearthly wrote: »
    Did they explain why Sara is not on the run? Can't remember

Huh? Sara and the others were all exonerated after they handed Scylla over to the UN.

I really enjoyed that episode, loved the pacing and the story is very intriguing. As mentioned above, with such a short season I expect this be fairly frantic and exciting for the most part.

This is the promo for episode 2;

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

No I wouldn't say you need to re-watch season 4. There is a little recap at the beginning of the new episode but this video will pretty much get you up to speed, with all the main points from season 1-4 highlighted!

brinty wrote: »
    bugger, missed it, what channel is/ was it on!!!!

It has only aired in the U.S so far, the premiere will be airing on Monday April 10th on FOX here, and will be on every Monday at 9pm, 6 days after it airs in the States.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Huh? Sara and the others were all exonerated after they handed Scylla over to the UN.

]

Nah there was a tv film whereby she got put in prison for murdering scofields mam. Michael 'died' breaking her out

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like the twist at the end, very intriguing to see what's going on. I see Linc is still wearing hats that are too small for him.

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Nah there was a tv film whereby she got put in prison for murdering scofields mam. Michael 'died' breaking her out

The TV movie completley slipped my mind. No official explanation (I think) was given on her not being on the run anymore but I do recall an article on it a few years ago;
    After breaking out of prison at the end of the episode, she is shown to board a yacht together with Linc, headed for Costa Rica. In the original series epilogue she is shown to live happily with her son in Costa Rica, where they have had Michael buried. The US justice probably lost her trail right after the escape and with the Company no longer existing, there is no one else tracking her down.

Forgot this was back , I've one question was explaining away the end of the last season believable as in his Lazarus moment for this ?????? If not I'm not wasting my time , 24 has done enough of that this year already.

Forgot this was back , I've one question was explaining away the end of the last season believable as in his Lazarus moment for this ?????? If not I'm not wasting my time , 24 has done enough of that this year already.

Episode 1 has just scratched the surface, we really don't know what's going on just yet. I really enjoyed the episode though, it felt like classic Prison Break but within a modern political landscape.

Episode 1 has just scratched the surface, we really don't know what's going on just yet. I really enjoyed the episode though, it felt like classic Prison Break but within a modern political landscape.

Nooooooooooo I'm out. Not falling for that one. I'll brave the spoilers here or else where before I commit :D

Nooooooooooo I'm out. Not falling for that one. I'll brave the spoilers here or else where before I commit :D

Did you really think it was all going to be revealed in the first episode? :pac:

For what it's worth, there are only 9 episodes, so expect the story to move a brisk pace!

Did you really think it was all going to be revealed in the first episode? :pac:

For what it's worth, there are only 9 episodes, so expect the story to move a brisk pace!

Last I read about the show they had a plausible explanation for Michael still breathing not giving it up in the first episode has me back on the fence on that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Thought it was decent 6/10 for me ,car crash scene was crap only downer on an enjoyable episode

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I'm watching it right now, and finding it fairly boring and stupid. Michael, who died in an explosion, is now alive. T-Bag is growing a new hand. Lincoln can fly out of a crashing car without a scratch like he's Iron Man. Ah, and here's Sucre, possibly with super powers of some sort, and they're off to Yemin with an Imam. It's ridiculous, even more so than the last season. I'm out, even though it's only 9 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it's back and sillier than ever.. but not in an entertaining exciting way.

Dominic Purcell remains incapable of expressing any emotion, and Wentworth Miller continues to squint through every scene.

Will probably watch one or two more but that first episode definitely wouldn't have won any new fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Shamelessly loved it! I vaguely remember the announcement of a new series but had forgotten about and just happened to come across it this evening so a nice treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Found it decent fare. The Yemen setting is certainly different, Prison break in a war zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Found it decent fare. The Yemen setting is certainly different, Prison break in a war zone.
    I thought it was just Sona all over again. Honestly though, I'd completely forgotten about the Sona season of Prison Break until I watched this new episode :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What a load of toss, however I will probably watch a couple more before giving up on it totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I thought it was just Sona all over again. Honestly though, I'd completely forgotten about the Sona season of Prison Break until I watched this new episode :p

Very reasonable comparison. I should disclose that I watched the first two seasons and a bit of the last. So there is probably a bit more novelty for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did have to laugh at the fact that the summary at the beginning basically consisted of season 1 recap and then saying Michael is dead. As if to say nothing in between mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I enjoyed this weeks episode and they moved the story along nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

I'm looking at the bad reviews here, and I'm wondering if people are forgetting what Prison Break was, it was a ridiculous story from start to finish. It was never a true reflection of the world, it was a mental story.

I'm really enjoying this in the good old world of Prison Break, leaving my brain at the door, and just going with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I agree - this is moving along at a nice pace and kept me interested.

I loved the original Prison Break score and Ramin Djawadi's middle eastern spin on it is lovely. :)

For me it feels like another season 3. Replace Sona with new prison and Sucre with C Note.

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wonder what the deal with Michael is. How's he going to screw over the bad guys in the prison.

Advertisement