Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break (2016) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No need to watch the series now after seeing that trailer, unless all that happens in the first episode

These trailers usually are just from the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just looks like more than that, though according to wiki it only started filming last month so wouldn't be finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

They're half way through filming now so it's more than likely scenes taken from the first few episodes of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a well made trailer. Goose bumps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,087 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Linc's son again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

God I hope this is good. The trailer was great looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK I'm convinced :D This looks like a return to the form of the earlier seasons. I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dominic Purcell was seriously hurt in an accident on the set
    Prison Break star Dominic Purcell was seriously hurt in an accident on the set of the new event-series installment of the Fox drama, which is filming in Morocco. He suffered a broken nose and head injury during shooting Monday when a set piece was dislodged and fell on his head. Purcell was airlifted from Marrakesh to Casablanca for treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.

According to Prison Break producer 20th Century Fox TV, filming of the limited series was not impacted by the accident, beyond a brief stoppage when the mishap occurred. I hear Purcell is expected to be sidelined for a couple of weeks while his wounds heal, with filming continuing around him. When he returns, the production will pick up all of his missed scenes, with no cuts to his presence on the series due to the accident.

Prison Break has been filming its new season mostly in Vancouver, with a location shoot in Morocco, which I hear doubles for civil war-torn Yemen, where a major portion of the action is set. Production will move back to Vancouver next week as scheduled, with Purcell filming any missed Morocco scenes with the help of greenscreen (and of course a ton of makeup to cover his scars)

“Our friend and colleague Dominic Purcell was injured earlier this week during the filming of our event series Prison Break, and was flown to a medical facility where he received treatment,” a 20th TV spokesman said in a statement to Deadline. “We are happy to report that he is in great spirits and is expected to make a full recovery. He wanted us to express his appreciation to the fans around the world who have expressed their concern and support, and to reassure them that he will be back at work very soon.”

Purcell wrote about his ordeal on Instagram.

“Had a little accident on set,” he said. “Pays to have a thick skull when an iron bar falls on your head!! busting it open severely, also broke my nose in two places… and a hundred stitches in my head … Stoked to be alive. All good… Doc said I have an unusually tough tissue fiber that’s what saved me apparently.”

On the bright side, “I got a free nose job out of it,” Purcell quipped, noting that he was going “back at work asap.” Here is one of Purcell’s posts with a photo of his banged-up face.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/dominic-purcell-injured-on-set-prison-break-production-not-impacted-1201766656/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGH85F8nAY8/

• Advertisement

^A couple of minutes into this video and Dominic Purcell mentions growing up in Australia... I had always assumed he was an American, so obviously I quickly scurried over to his Wiki page - he was born in England, raised in Australia, his dad is Norwegian and his Ma is Irish, and his brothers and sister all live in Dundalk... Never would've guessed any of that.

EDIT: And he appeard in 3 episodes of Home & Away in 1991 apparently.

He spends quite a bit of time in Ireland or used to anyway he brought his Mother to the IFTA's back during the original run of Prison Break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Ridiculous trailer,it practically told the whole plot of the season.

lukin wrote: »
    Ridiculous trailer,it practically told the whole plot of the season.

In fairness the title of the show gives away just as much... SPOILER ALERT!!!
    They "Break" out of "Prison"

In fairness the title of the show gives away just as much... SPOILER ALERT!!!
    They "Break" out of "Prison"

Point taken but that doesn't mean they have to show
    the actual breakout

Oh come on given how the show ended last time and their line on how it would return with a credible story line and then these trailers and it's a sequel ..... forget brain at the door , forget you have one ffs!!!!!

Of all the cast in terms of their careers Wentworth Miller needs this the most, he was a nobody before and is a nobody after

Of all the cast in terms of their careers Wentworth Miller needs this the most, he was a nobody before and is a nobody after

Looks like someone doesn't watch The Flash or Legends of Tomorrow - Wentworth Miller is far from nobody at the moment, he's a current fan favourite in the Arrow-verse, after a somewhat rocky introduction as Captain Cold he has really found his place in that universe.

And to be fair the amount of personal s**t he's gone through since Season 4 of Prison Break in his personal life and the fact he took a break from acting because of it, he's doing fairly well for himself since getting back into it again.

I'm not having a go, so please don't take offense, but when you know his story and see how he's overcome his demons, Wentworth Miller as a person is an inspiration to many people (myself included)...

Looks like someone doesn't watch The Flash or Legends of Tomorrow - Wentworth Miller is far from nobody at the moment, he's a current fan favourite in the Arrow-verse, after a somewhat rocky introduction as Captain Cold he has really found his place in that universe.

And to be fair the amount of personal s**t he's gone through since Season 4 of Prison Break in his personal life and the fact he took a break from acting because of it, he's doing fairly well for himself since getting back into it again.

I'm not having a go, so please don't take offense, but when you know his story and see how he's overcome his demons, Wentworth Miller as a person is an inspiration to many people (myself included)...

Yes I agree he has done OK since the last season of PB ended but neither has he gone on to George Clooney post-ER levels of success. He wrote the script for that film Stoker which was well-received and as you say he has been in The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. The only worry I would have about him in the new series is that his relationship with Sarah won't be believable now that we know he is gay in real life. There wasn't a great chemistry between them in the earlier seasons anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

lukin wrote: »
    Yes I agree he has done OK since the last season of PB ended but neither has he gone on to George Clooney post-ER levels of success. He wrote the script for that film Stoker which was well-received and as you say he has been in The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. The only worry I would have about him in the new series is that his relationship with Sarah won't be believable now that we know he is gay in real life. There wasn't a great chemistry between them in the earlier seasons anyway.

If you can't distinguish between a character and a real life person then that's on you man. His real life sexuality shouldn't impact the characters he plays. Unless it's overtly obvious on screen he has no interest in women. Sure look a Neil Patrick Harris in nearly every show and film he's been in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

^^ I am definitely gonna have to rewatch season 4 and the follow-up before this as I've forgotten it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm rewatching the series atm, a few eps into season 3 and I had completely forgot about Sona, like the season was wiped from my mind. Same with 4, don't have an inkling to what it's about even though I definitely watched it. Handy I suppose as things are a surprise when they happen, like watching it fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I cant take Wentworth Miller seriously as an actor anymore since he totally hammed up his performance in Legends of Tomorrow. At times he sounded like Snaglepuss :):)

Having said that, I cant wait for the new Prison Break.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    ^^ I am definitely gonna have to rewatch season 4 and the follow-up before this as I've forgotten it completely.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm rewatching the series atm, a few eps into season 3 and I had completely forgot about Sona, like the season was wiped from my mind. Same with 4, don't have an inkling to what it's about even though I definitely watched it. Handy I suppose as things are a surprise when they happen, like watching it fresh.

I got the boxset as a present a few christmases ago. Re-watching it, Season 4 was a lot better as a binge-watch than when it first aired and all 4 seasons were enjoyable (it helped going in not expecting the quality to be anywhere near Season 1 as the show went on)... I'm really excited to see what they've come up with for Season 5 - I'm not expecting it to be Season 1 quality, but it could still be very enjoyable.

I didn't realise
    Sucre
    was definitely back until I saw the latest trailer, but I'm quite happy about it - wouldn't be the same without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really looking forward to this. Rewatched seasons 1-4 over the last couple of months.

It's now called Prison Break: Resurrection, it's a 9 part series and it airs in the UK on Fox on Monday April 10th (6 days after the US Premiere)

Only a week to go.

• Advertisement

A decent start to the series I'd give it 6 out of 10 and it's hooked me better than 24 anyway.

Advertisement