Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The night before the Leaving Cert

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

I went to a house party and got stoned and sang songs until 3am. Great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

My cat decided to murder one of her kittens and I was out in the back garden burying it at about this hour 25 years ago. Put the entire thing in perspective.

...I know people are making stuff up here but the above is not a word of a lie. After that, a cup of cocoa, a nap in an armchair, a large fry for breakfast and off to kill Yeats or whoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It was my 17th birthday the day before my leaving started, spent it down the beach getting sunburnt to bits drinking cans of warm Carling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ive always hated every year it being propelled into the media like some sort of grand spectactle ''the big day''.everyone on the radio giving tips, the hourly news updates with the LC often as the leading story, statistics in the paper, it just makes it worse for the students like its something resembling life or death.

I voted in the referendum recently and as I walked into the hall I saw all the boxes, the signs, the rules and regulations, ''its an offence to XYZ could result in imprisonment'' the presiding officers, and it all reminded me of being back in that exam centre.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I had this giant pillow thing and I did all sorts of wrestling moves on it... when I got home from the library :p I actually did a little bit of prep for English and got an A1 in only writing 6 pages per paper. It was (by far) my best subject though so I was actually really comfortable going into it. Irish, French and Business Studies on the other hand can go F themselves.
    Don't stress too much about it and be confident in yourself. Life is long and exams are short so take it seriously :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

BMMachine wrote: »
    I had this giant pillow thing and I did all sorts of wrestling moves on it...

Was your special move the dry hump?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Was your special move the dry hump?

it was actually this big retarded spinning reverse brainbuster type thing. I did it to a mate on crash mats and almost broke his head so it was abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I was bricking it, I really found it difficult to study and apply myself. Every tv & radio show was talking about it. Thank god this was 2000 and facebook etc hadn't been around really, feel bad for the kids today.

I slept crap and my only plan was to avoid all those 'I am so screwed in this exam I have only done 900 (something stupid) hours of study" clearly loads but wanting someone to tell them.

I panicked through the whole thing, worried so much it made me ill. I did sh*te. Had to do a plc type thingy to get into college. Its not the end of the world. I found college allot easier then did my professional exams, Masters and by monetary accounts am sucessful.

It's not the end of the world but it can just make it a tiny bit easier.

Good luck!!!

I finished my exams with tech drawing on my birthday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

Did mine back in 1995.

No memory at all of the night before or of any of the exams either.

Only remember the glorious summer that followed.

My daughter starts the JC today - think I'm more nervous about it than she is:eek:

True to form...its a clear blue sky!

Good luck to you all starting exams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I was terrified, but did very well in the end.

My little sister is starting her LC today. Wouldn't you know it'd be beautiful out. :D

Advertisement