Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The night before the Leaving Cert

Options
  • 02-06-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭

What are your memories of it, were you nervous or didn't give a sh1te about it?

Personally I wasn't too worried about it at the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

My mother remembers more than I do, she was the one trying to talk me down calmly off the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Can't remember a thing about it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I never sleep before maths exams. I hate maths exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I remember my JC better than my LC tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

There was defo a few nerves! Was really looking forward to Euro '96 which started 4 days later tho :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I remember being really nervous and stressed out. Feeling the same tonight, my eldest is doing the leaving this year.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I remember being really nervous and stressed out. Feeling the same tonight, my eldest is doing the leaving this year.
    It's stressful for everyone, best of luck to him xx

eviltwin wrote: »

Hope he/she gets on ok!

Lot of pressure with the LC, not sure it's right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Pressure is for gas cylinders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Can't wait for the sun tomorrow.

I hate the sun. But it's tradition, and imagine their sad faces :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Down the local GAA pitch smoking dope night before the leaving and between exams. I went on to do Eleceng afterwards, would strongly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I was probably dreading English Paper 2, panicking and attempting to speed-read Hamlet and Emma, while desperately hoping that a question about Milton's Paradise Lost would come up (it didn't).

Pressure is for gas cylinders.

Going by your username you may have pressure problems......blood pressure problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Went to Dublin the night before the LC started with a lorryload of salmon. Home about 7.30 am. quick shower and into higher level English I and II. Got an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Got stupidly stoned...

Down the local GAA pitch smoking dope night before the leaving and between exams. I went on to do Eleceng afterwards, would strongly recommend it.

See kids, you start off just having the odd joint and next thing you're onto the harder stuff like Eleceng.....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

RayM wrote: »
    I was probably dreading English Paper 2, panicking and attempting to speed-read Hamlet and Emma, while desperately hoping that a question about Milton's Paradise Lost would come up (it didn't).

'92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Leaving starts tomorrow?

Excellent.

Sunny tomorrow, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

kfallon wrote: »
    See kids, you start off just having the odd joint and next thing you're onto the harder stuff like Eleceng.....

:pac:

That stuff didn't come cheap mind. The dope I just bummed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Teachers always said it's never too late to start studying..
    So I started the night before each exam.
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

This would be the time I would start studying. I might have had done well if I put in more effort. Oh well, iI got enough for the course I wanted to do so thats all that mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Went to Dublin the night before the LC started with a lorryload of salmon. Home about 7.30 am. quick shower and into higher level English I and II. Got an A1.

Well aren't you great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I did my Leaving Cert during the 2002 World Cup. I was more stressed out over the happenings in Saipan

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

I never did my leaving cert, but my son is tomorrow, I think I am more nervous than he is

I never did my leaving cert, but my son is tomorrow, I think I am more nervous than he is
    Good luck to both of you.

I got through this. I tell people if I did the LC anyone can do it !

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Your post brought a tear to my eye. Best of luck to both of you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I just remember having this feeling of "fcuuuk why didn't I study!" and ringing all my friends asking them what they were learning. When my brother was doing his leaving Ireland were playing in the World Cup and he didn't turn up to half of his exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Well aren't you great :pac:
    Moral of the story is never study the night before an exam. Whatever you know twelve hours beforehand will do rightly, and if not don't worry about it, life's too short for that carryon.

Moral of the story is never study the night before an exam. Whatever you know twelve hours beforehand will do rightly, and if not don't worry about it, life's too short for that carryon.
    It really depends on the quality of your short term memory but in all honesty sleep is the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I did my leaving cert when I was 30. Sat in for 2 years with 16/17 year olds.
    My 2 children were in 5th class at the time and who was I to tell them to keep going at school if I hadn't? (That's the way I looked at it)
    It was a brilliant experience but the worry 6 years later when my own 2 were doing it was 100 times worse than any worry I had for myself when I did it.

We all survived it anyway :D

Advertisement